Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46654 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2017, 08:40:26 pm »
Thanks for this post.  It's what disturbs me about some (not all, but some) of the Pro-Trump folks...they are out for revenge, and I don't like that as a motivator.  Someone who would gleefully take revenge on a leftist will equally take revenge on people who are on the same side.  It's caustic.

Unless you're a GD Commie, you have nothing to worry about.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2017, 08:42:05 pm »
Thanks for this post.  It's what disturbs me about some (not all, but some) of the Pro-Trump folks...they are out for revenge, and I don't like that as a motivator.  Someone who would gleefully take revenge on a leftist will equally take revenge on people who are on the same side.  It's caustic.

I can't speak for others,  but "revenge"  is not a prime motivating factor for me.   I  am content to let them alone if I could believe that they will leave me alone. 

Alas,  I am utterly convinced that "leaving me alone"  is not in their nature,  and so I will have to advocate dealing with them before they can deal with us. 

Does anyone here believe that we can go about our lives without the left continuing to attack us? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
So, what's the sound of a Jane Fonda one-hand Clap?
I wouldn't want the clap from her, I don't care how many hands she used.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2017, 08:51:42 pm »

I keep trying to have conversations about how we badly need to smash the Democrat propaganda system,   but too many people can't seem to grasp the threat that it poses.   

Media delenda est.

@DiogenesLamp

Having a serious conversation on this forum is next to impossible but I'm sure you've noticed that already. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2017, 08:54:55 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Having a serious conversation on this forum is next to impossible but I'm sure you've noticed that already.

I was going to give you a thumbs up for this .... but it doesn't seem to fit the sentiment.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2017, 08:59:22 pm »

What I  want is my country back and will do whatever I can to get it back!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:03 pm »
I was going to give you a thumbs up for this .... but it doesn't seem to fit the sentiment.

There’s never a third-digit salute emoji around here when you need one.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:58 pm »

I can't speak for others,  but "revenge"  is not a prime motivating factor for me.   I  am content to let them alone if I could believe that they will leave me alone. 

Alas,  I am utterly convinced that "leaving me alone"  is not in their nature,  and so I will have to advocate dealing with them before they can deal with us. 

Does anyone here believe that we can go about our lives without the left continuing to attack us?

This one sure as hell doesn't!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2017, 09:02:21 pm »

Yep. Like Goldwater said of extremism in the defense of liberty. It ain’t no vice.

« Reply #584 on: October 18, 2017, 09:02:25 pm »

There’s never a third-digit salute emoji around here when you need one.

I was going to give @Bigun a thumbs-up in agreement---but the thumbs-up seemed too celebratory for his comment about the forum.

Although I do agree a third digit salute emoji would be helpful---if not overused.   :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #585 on: October 18, 2017, 09:11:41 pm »

I love ya, Joe.  You always get my jokes....  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2017, 09:12:40 pm »
Unless you're a GD Commie, you have nothing to worry about.    :laugh:

You've always been in the "not some" part of my comment....  :beer:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:12:56 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #587 on: October 18, 2017, 09:13:39 pm »
Wait one cotton picking minute. Trump never got down and dirty until he started getting punched.
*****rollingeyes*****

And when it did start raining down on him in earnest, it came from every direction. He had to fight back. Luckily, that’s in his wheel house. If he hadn’t fought back so adeptly, and against overwhelming opposition, odds were we would be talking about an asterisk today instead of President Trump.
That post is such egregious revisionism it defies response.  **nononono* What a pile.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #588 on: October 18, 2017, 09:16:34 pm »

You don't seem like you're out for revenge, either.  There are a few people I talk to here who are positively delighted at the prospect of "getting even," and I think that's not such a good motivator.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #589 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:59 pm »

I keep trying to have conversations about how we badly need to smash the Democrat propaganda system,   but too many people can't seem to grasp the threat that it poses.   

Media delenda est.
Fine with me. Get rid of both propaganda systems and let the actions of those in office speak for themselves. Oh wait. Listen...

>crickets<

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #590 on: October 18, 2017, 09:22:48 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****
That post is such egregious revisionism it defies response.  **nononono* What a pile.

Thanks!   Saved me the trouble!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #591 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:54 pm »

:silly:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #592 on: October 18, 2017, 09:35:24 pm »

Revenge?   When one sees a horde of barbarians posed on the edge of civilization,  one does not need "revenge"  to realize they need to be bashed.   

Revenge is fine,  but prevention is better.   I want them bashed because they need to be bashed,  not because they have done me wrong.    I want them bashed mainly for what they *will* do,  not what they have done,  though to be fair,  they deserve being bashed for that as well.   

Seems to have worked out pretty well.   

Well it's been walking around like a zombie for about 3 decades now,  so I guess it is about time to dig it a grave and let you throw dirt on it. 

Oh,  and I had nothing to do with killing it.   It moved with the speed and energy of a sloth,  and so it's enemies beat it to death.   

Those are the enemies I want bashed,  so perhaps you can enjoy a little revenge when we've set about doing it.   :)

What "worked well" was completing the task of destroying the Republican party and dinging up conservatism so that it might not survive.

As for the "we" who have "set about doing it"............ PLEASE tell me you don't actually believe what Trump is doing (and your cheerleading for him on this forum) is actually accomplishing anything for Conservatism!  *****rollingeyes*****

Trump, by responding like a child and bashing the media and the left in the manner of a 12 year old child is "accomplishing" NOTHING for Conservatism.

It is anger that elected him, and it is anger sustaining him as he makes a fool of you all.

Other than venting and screeching, nothing has been accomplished since he was elected.

But you're clearly proud of yourself, so I guess for you, that's all that counts.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #593 on: October 18, 2017, 09:38:50 pm »

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #594 on: October 18, 2017, 09:41:46 pm »
What "worked well" was completing the task of destroying the Republican party and dinging up conservatism so that it might not survive.

As for the "we" who have "set about doing it"............ PLEASE tell me you don't actually believe what Trump is doing (and your cheerleading for him on this forum) is actually accomplishing anything for Conservatism!  *****rollingeyes*****

Trump, by responding like a child and bashing the media and the left in the manner of a 12 year old child is "accomplishing" NOTHING for Conservatism.

It is anger that elected him, and it is anger sustaining him as he makes a fool of you all.

Other than venting and screeching, nothing has been accomplished since he was elected.

But you're clearly proud of yourself, so I guess for you, that's all that counts.....

I respectfully submit that you are quite wrong in saying "Trump is accomplishing NOTHING for conservatism" .  His court  appointments alone give the lie to that IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #595 on: October 18, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »

Hmmm... it appears you missed the thesis of this very thread.  Let me repost it for you @musiclady --- and remind you also that this is a partial list:

1. Put Justice Gorsuch on the Supreme Court.
2. Ended DACA and the used it as a bargaining chip for better Border enforcement and a wall.
3. Exited the Paris Agreement.
4. Brought down NAFTA and reset for a new negotiation across the board.it.
5. Ended Obamacare insurance subsidies of over 7 billion dollars.
6. Deeply cut government regulation.
7. Nominated large numbers of Conservative justices to the Federal courts.
8. Decertified the Iran deal.
9. Stood up to NFL players disrespecting the anthem, flag and our national identity.
10. Proposed deep cuts in Corporate tax rates across the board.
11. Proposed deep cuts in taxes for the middle class.
12. Waged war against grotesque liberal media bias.
13. Imposed immigration limits on terror risk nations and fought for them in the courts.
14. Set the Justice Department and the admin to oppose "Sanctuary" cities.
15. Allowed private companies/insurers to NOT provide abortion coverage against their own moral views.
16. Opposed hysterical calls for strong new gun control legislation following the Vegas shooting.
17. Advocated for increased defense spending and revitalization in particular of our decaying naval forces.
18. Supported police and law enforcement at every turn against groups like ANTIFA and BLM.
19. Called consistently for protection of the unborn, and supporting a strict post 20 week ban on abortions.
20. Fought for new legislation, even if congress failed in its part, to repeal Obamacare.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #596 on: October 18, 2017, 09:49:08 pm »
I respectfully submit that you are quite wrong in saying "Trump is accomplishing NOTHING for conservatism" .  His court  appointments alone give the lie to that IMHO.

I hesitated with the word "nothing," but as of yet, have there been any decisions going our way because of him, and if not is that actually an "accomplishment."

As others have said.... we'll have to wait and see about the accomplishment part of it.

btw, I disagree with your statement that there are no serious conversations here.

There are many.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #597 on: October 18, 2017, 09:53:16 pm »
I hesitated with the word "nothing," but as of yet, have there been any decisions going our way because of him, and if not is that actually an "accomplishment."

As others have said.... we'll have to wait and see about the accomplishment part of it.

btw, I disagree with your statement that there are no serious conversations here.

There are many.

Yeah!  Until they get cut off midstream by an overzealous mod or someone who doesn't like the subject of the discussion starts posting meaningless garbage that takes it completely off track.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #598 on: October 18, 2017, 09:54:56 pm »
Trump has already implemented a lot of things per social conservative issues, cutting regulations and red tape, respect for freedom of religion. Besides his court nominees, I am fully grateful.

Trump has helped conservatism, many people did not expect him to win.

2008 was a blow out of Republicans.

Trump has done well. If people don't like him, fine, but my vote certainly was not wasted.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #599 on: October 18, 2017, 09:55:57 pm »
Really ... so populism can't be conservative?   Fascinating. 

Nope, populism is antithetical to a constitutional republic.