Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46925 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2017, 02:43:43 am »
Gee I wonder if this thread can get locked because the Orange Hoarde insults people who don't bow and scrape at Donny's feet like they do.

You replied to my  two point remark,

--500+ posts
--Same olde tired points

In fact it is only at 324 at this time, but the olde tired points continue; eg. no new material

I class "Orange Hoarde" to be same olde BS, btw

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2017, 02:49:26 am »
Of course that promise in hindsight was a mistake.

No!

It wasn't the promise that was the mistake,  it was the breaking of it that was the mistake. 

I knew when I heard he was thinking about breaking it that this would cost him a second term.  The Democrats did not give a F*** about balancing the budget,  they would offer him anything to get him to break that vow,  and the stupid sap fell for it even though a blind man could see what they were about. 

And the Democratic Party beat it to death.

Which is exactly what they were after in the first place!

All that being said, it was Perot who cost Bush 1 his second term.

Perot and the Media and Bush falling for that stupid Democrat trap. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2017, 02:49:57 am »

In fact it is only at 324 at this time, but the olde tired points continue; eg. no new material

Paula Poundstone and Carrot Top made nice livings without any new material. Don't knock it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2017, 02:53:51 am »
Can you let me know when you "Unlock this sucker"? I have a whole lot more to say on this thread about minivans. I forgot to cover Chrysler products on the last thread I hijacked....

I don't think you've talked about these yet either.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2017, 02:55:43 am »
If Perot doesn't run, Bush 1 beats Bill Clinton handily...and the best players today on the game show Jeopardy might not know the first name of Bill Clinton's wife.

Wouldn't that be wonderful !
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2017, 02:58:05 am »
I don't think you've talked about these yet either.

I was saving the best for last. Those came in All Wheel Drive ya know........that didn't work too well....

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2017, 03:00:12 am »
No, the promise wasn't the problem. Breaking the promise was the problem.

This is exactly right.   Feeding the beast more taxes was just stupid and wrong.   Never allowing another tax increase was exactly the right thing to do.  Making a deal with Democrats to break that pledge was a colossal level of stupid. 

Good. I am glad he lost, regardless. There has to be a consequence - something party-line lesser evil wonks don't seem to understand.

I wanted Bush out.  He needed to be kicked out of office for breaking that pledge,  and I was ready to vote for his opponent.  Then they put up that piece of sh*t Bill Clinton and I had to switch back to supporting Bush the moron.

It galled me to work for his reelection,  and it still galls me to this very day.   Yes,  Bush needed to be kicked out,  but the Country did not need that bastard Bill Clinton,  and my love of country was greater than my disgust for George HW Bush. 

Interestingly enough,  while campaigning for his father,  George W Bush flew in to meet his dad's supporters,  and I met and shook hands with him. 

While shaking his hand, I looked down at his feet and he was wearing tassled penny loafers,  and my first thought was "Yuppie Larva."   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #332 on: October 17, 2017, 03:06:00 am »

I wanted Bush out.  He needed to be kicked out of office for breaking that pledge,  and I was ready to vote for his opponent.  Then they put up that piece of sh*t Bill Clinton and I had to switch back to supporting Bush the moron.

Me too. But at the time, I was a tried and true 'Pull the lever for the Rhinestone R' guy.
I regret that vote. And the second vote I gave to his son, only for the war. That particular apple didn't fall far from the horse. And he's also the last Republican president I voted for.

Nevermore.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2017, 03:06:06 am »
And no, while its an easy and childish answer to proclaim so, the parties are very much NOT the same.

You are welcome to immerse yourself in totally immersive cognitive dissonance and Normalcy Bias to sate your blind faith in salvation from a corrupt party to your heart's content.

The fruits of the last decade-plus speak to the futility of practicing insanity by voting for Republicans. 

Never again.  The fruits speak.  There is little difference in either party as both empower Statism and Oligarchy.

And frankly, I hope your diseased party goes the way of the Whigs.

I just wish I could get back all the years I stumped for them as a precinct captain and obtain a refund of all the money I wasted on them because I fell for the same stupid and insipid argumentation you are offering as a justification of your failed party right now.

I am done playing the battered wife and doing the same stupid thing over and over and over again while your party morphed into the Democrat party right under your nose.

Its a guarantee of losing...permanently...the GOP and your little 3rd party would become irrelevant and conservatism as a viable political force would be lost in this nation.

We're already there so it's a moot point altogether.  Your political messiah in the White House is already seeing to the irrelevancy of Conservatism as is the party he pretends to head.

Why would anyone claiming to be a conservative wish for such a thing?

Reality dictates we start over from scratch.

You cannot grow fresh from rotten, lawful from lawlessness, justice from corruption.  Yet that is all you offer.

And please spare us the instance that your party can be reformed with more elections.  Some of us remember what your party's leadership did the last two conventions to ensure no possible Conservative contender can possibly win a national nomination.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:29 am »
No, the promise wasn't the problem. Breaking the promise was the problem.

Good. I am glad he lost, regardless. There has to be a consequence - something party-line lesser evil wonks don't seem to understand.

These 'lesser evil' arguments are old saw. All y'all need some new shtick.

"Breaking the promise was the problem."

Yes it was...as of course I meant.

I'm not interested in rehashing the 1992 election too much. Forward to now...Trump is not at all a lesser evil...it's a movement and a great one at that.

Sorry to inform you, but in today's America, a solid conservative just isn't electable for POTUS. No sense in fantasizing because it isn't going to happen. 

Trump is the best conservative we are going to get. Like it or not. To those who don't like it, I would suggest to think back on eight years of Barack Obama misery, which I don't ever wish to repeat.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2017, 04:28:31 am »
Trump is not at all a lesser evil...it's a movement and a great one at that.

Yeah... it's a big 'movement' alright...

Sorry to inform you, but in today's America, a solid conservative just isn't electable for POTUS. No sense in fantasizing because it isn't going to happen. 

Then you'll get no help from me. I vote for Conservatives. Only.

Trump is the best conservative we are going to get. Like it or not. To those who don't like it, I would suggest to think back on eight years of Barack Obama misery, which I don't ever wish to repeat.

Blah blah blah. More lesser evil bullshit. And Tump is no Conservative.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

pffft.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2017, 07:48:34 am »
I was saving the best for last. Those came in All Wheel Drive ya know........that didn't work too well....

I have one I drive in town, good in snow under a foot, great turning radius (unlike the dodge Caravan was), easy to park, not bad on fuel, and once I pulled the ANS fuse, a great winter parts runner/go-fer buggy. I put about $1200 into it altogether counting the tires (more for parts than purchase), and I use the heck out of it. YMMV. I have other vehicles for the boonies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #337 on: October 17, 2017, 07:54:06 am »

pffft.
You can tell who these ads were aimed at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

That's pretty much all I have to say about that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #338 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:42 pm »
And this is why I would not take a side in the Great Trump War on TBR.  I have my feelings in the matter, make no mistake, but I don't talk about them because, at the end of the day, I don't need more enemies than I had in the morning.  But I won't deny, the supporters of Trump have done their level best to drive the "never Trump" people away, angry. 

Now, the hand of friendship has been slapped away so much I can't blame you for considering yourself an enemy, and it's a damned shame.  We all have the same basic beliefs about where this country should go.

Bullshit on buttered toast is still a crap sandwich, @Cyber Liberty

Don't quit your day job....'diplomacy' isn't your calling.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2017, 12:58:49 pm »

Indeed.  If I was trying to bring anybody together, I certainly failed.  You were the only person to even acknowledged I posted anything. :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:00:43 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:43 pm »
Indeed.  If I was trying to bring anybody together, I certainly failed.  You were the only person to even acknowledged I posted anything. :whistle:

LOL!   You drew the short straw.

That's what you get.     Everyone else was BORING!   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2017, 01:08:18 pm »
LOL!   You drew the short straw.

That's what you get.     Everyone else was BORING!   ^-^

Ouch.  I've seen threads killed for that.  Well, it's OK I drew the short one, it means I was in the game.

:beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #342 on: October 17, 2017, 01:12:59 pm »
   Just got here this morning and in spite of yall pizzing off a Mod up thread and causing the temporary Lock it has been a very spirited debate, Kudo's to all my fellow Briefers for once again showing me why this is my 'GO TO' place for political discussion. Carry On.

@EasyAce let me know how that book turns out looks like a very interesting read. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #343 on: October 17, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »
You replied to my  two point remark,

--500+ posts
--Same olde tired points

I class "Orange Hoarde" to be same olde BS, btw

That's because I finally decided to read the thread and see if there was anything useful in the OP.  There wasn't...and your post...the second or third one in with the tired NT bullsh*t just sealed it that there was nothing of use or value.

You killed any intelligent debate in this thread before the first page was complete.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:07 pm »

pffft.

I'd like to have George Washington as president, but George died a long time ago.

Have to live in reality, otherwise we accomplish nothing and our cause deteriorates into oblivion.

I don't think some on our side realize how close we were the past eight years to losing our freedom and liberty, which is exactly what the left wants. If the military would have been on the side of Obama, well it could have gotten real ugly.

The left would love for there to be a third party with a conservative candidate. We should NOT hand them the presidency on a silver platter.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2017, 03:56:53 pm »
We should NOT hand them the presidency on a silver platter.

Oh please.  The Republican Party handed Obama his entire agenda on a silver platter with gold spoons while telling Conservatives to shut up and get out of their party.

So you can cram the sentiments.  We're not buying them anymore.

Your party is as corrupt, evil and Statist as the Democrat Party is, if not moreso.

And I'm done being their bitch.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »
Explain to me your affinity for Hillary Clinton.  I'm interested.

Because, that was our choice.  It wasn't Gary Johnson or Evan McMullan or Jill Stein or any of the other self-serving wannabes.

It was Trump or Clinton.  Reality.  Trump won.  Would you have wished a different outcome?

Trump has nominated and seated Gorsuch.  He opened up the Keystone and Dakota pipelines.  He's reinvigorated our vital coal industry.  He crap-canned the onerous Paris accord.  And any thoughts NAFTA, the PPP, the Iran deal and other Obama-era giveaways would stand.

He is hated by the media. He's hated by Hollywood. He's hated by the people like Krauthammer, Kristol, Rubin, Goldberg etc. who have become rich by their opposition to a Democrat regime.   Trump has killed their franchise, made them slink to sewers like CNN and MSNBC.

Trump has had a FAR better first nine months in office - for conservatives - that Reagan, Bush 41 or Bush 43.

I shake my head at his style, too.  But he WINS.  It burns deep in him, it gives him life.  Winning.    He's winning for us.

Yep.

Say, you don’t have the other half of this amulet I’m wearing?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »
You are welcome to immerse yourself in totally immersive cognitive dissonance and Normalcy Bias to sate your blind faith in salvation from a corrupt party to your heart's content. ....

I herby place this post into nomination for QFT!   88devil

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2017, 04:17:08 pm »

88devil

888high58888 @DCPatriot

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »

@DCPatriot

And yours either if I may be so bold as to say so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien