Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46691 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2017, 10:33:14 pm »
SOSDD.  *****rollingeyes*****

After Roberts, I will not credit that until proven.

All a bunch of EOs... And you'll be crying in your beer and tearing your clothes in anger when the next dem comes along and cancels them all. No different than Obama.

No he didn't...

Just open to renegotiation. ALL of that is still on the table.

Right... and just about everyone else too. You don't get to use 'He has all the right enemies' if he doesn't also have all the right friends...

Oh bullcrap.

You apparently don't understand the meaning of "renegotiate".  That means .... done until further notice. 

Your anger is palatable.  I don't get it.  Why do you hate Trump?  He's working hand in hand with Cruz (my favorite) on many of Ted's priorities.

He's a bully and often a Twitteroaf.  But, he's a SERIOUS man who has SERIOUS objectives to right the American ship and culture and start making the jerks internationally respect and fear us again.   After the empty-suit "Apologist in Chief" reign of retreat.

Do you think guys like Mattis, Tillerson and Kelly would still be in any regime that wasn't on target or heading there?

Gimme a break already.  Again, I don't get folks like you.   Trump insulted the guys we liked in the GOP Primary?  Yeah, he did.  But, it's better to have Don Rickles on your side than against you.  RIP

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2017, 10:35:23 pm »

What's humorous here, is that you think those quotes support your argument...in actuality, they simply point out a lack of self awareness and an inability to understand the bible itself. But please, post more such quotes to undermine your own argument...however nebulous and poorly thought out that argument may be.

Coming from you, that was an incredible compliment.

Thank you.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2017, 10:38:31 pm »

After Roberts, I will not credit that until proven.

To be fair,  you can't fault Bush for what Roberts did.   None of us saw that coming.   You can fault a man for making a mistake if there was some information available to reveal that it could have been foreseen.   

All a bunch of EOs... And you'll be crying in your beer and tearing your clothes in anger when the next dem comes along and cancels them all. No different than Obama.

I doubt any subsequent Democrat will have the stupidity or the gall to do what Obama did.   Obama got away with it because he was black.   Had he been a white guy who tried some of the stuff he did,  he would have been toast.   

The media and the nation made allowances for him because of the "soft bigotry of low expectations."   They knew he was ignorant and incompetent,  but they consciously refused to notice it. 

Trump can undo much of Obama's idiocy,   and it is very unlikely that another Democrat President can get away with putting that sh*t back.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2017, 10:39:11 pm »
The problem with that is.... everything Trump is doing (undoing Obama's EOs via Trump EOs).... can be easily (and will be) undone by the next Democrat administration.  It's temporary, IOW.

Some perhaps but most no!  For example, it will be DAMNED hard for them to re-establish those illegal payments to insurance companies.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:14 pm »
No it was not a binary choice. My choice voted for neither one... Even if it is us or them, there is still the choice not to participate. Hence *not* binary in any case.

One of the two viable candidates won.   We weren't going to have a President "none of the above."   

That wasn't going to happen.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:53 pm »
Maybe someone can help me here. I am looking at the dates on the posts on this thread and they seem to indicate that they are from today, yet the topic of argument is clearly that of one year ago today. Very strange.

From where I am sitting those that like Donny should be satisfied and those who don't are shit out of luck for the next 7 years. No amount of arguing is going to change that shit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »
You apparently don't understand the meaning of "renegotiate".  That means .... done until further notice. 

Your anger is palatable.  I don't get it.  Why do you hate Trump?  He's working hand in hand with Cruz (my favorite) on many of Ted's priorities.

He's a bully and often a Twitteroaf.  But, he's a SERIOUS man who has SERIOUS objectives to right the American ship and culture and start making the jerks internationally respect and fear us again.   After the empty-suit "Apologist in Chief" reign of retreat.

Do you think guys like Mattis, Tillerson and Kelly would still be in any regime that wasn't on target or heading there?

Gimme a break already.  Again, I don't get folks like you.   Trump insulted the guys we liked in the GOP Primary?  Yeah, he did.  But, it's better to have Don Rickles on your side than against you.  RIP

I think @roamer_1 is a decent enough guy but his Trump hate does not allow him to see beyond any issue.  He is totally obsessed with Trump hate and cannot be reasoned with.

I know.  I've tried.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2017, 10:42:58 pm »
Maybe someone can help me here. I am looking at the dates on the posts on this thread and they seem to indicate that they are from today, yet the topic of argument is clearly that of one year ago today. Very strange.

From where I am sitting those that like Donny should be satisfied and those who don't are shit out of luck for the next 7 years. No amount of arguing is going to change that shit.

You have got to be kidding !!  I know you don't drink this early, so what's the deal.

Are you trying to tell me that all the people who trash Trump on TBR are out of luck ... that their comments cannot remove him from the presidency???

Wow, who knew.  What a lot of time has been wasted then.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »
Some perhaps but most no!  For example, it will be DAMNED hard for them to re-establish those illegal payments to insurance companies.

Exactly.   Only Obama could have gotten away with something that blatantly wrong.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:34 pm »
No, actually *we* don't need to anything of the sort, because *we* have already thoroughly explained the reasons why we find particular aspects of Trump disagreeable.  *We* have done that tens of thousands of times by now.  Regardless of what you and the other AlwaysTrumpers would like, those reasons aren't going to change.  Good for you for looking past all of Trump's flaws.  Time for you to extend the same courtesy to members here who you think are flawed.

Considering I was a member here several years before you, I feel okay to use the collective "we".

It reminds me of the old FR.  When I was losing a debate against Sabertooth or whomever, I'd go "Did you see my sign-up date".  lol

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2017, 10:45:31 pm »
Whatever makes you feel good.

Well I do like arguing,  so I didn't really expect a meek capitulation.   Ah well.  :) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2017, 10:46:11 pm »
You have got to be kidding !!  I know you don't drink this early, so what's the deal.

Are you trying to tell me that all the people who trash Trump on TBR are out of luck ... that their comments cannot remove him from the presidency???

Wow, who knew.  What a lot of time has been wasted then.

That pretty well sums it up.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2017, 10:47:25 pm »
Whatever makes you feel good.

Would you like a list of things that make me feel good? It's X rated.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2017, 10:48:28 pm »

One of the two viable candidates won.   We weren't going to have a President "none of the above."   

That wasn't going to happen.
This site hosts a disproportionately large contingent, of "true conservatives," that are apparently incapable of understanding "viable candidate," logic, the binary nature of most election etc.

I have stated for years, that some "true conservatives," are both math and logic challenged.

That is my story, and I'm sticking with it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2017, 10:50:08 pm »

"All the same people having all the same discussion.  It's like they cloned some party in 1983 and kept spinning it out again and again and again."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2017, 10:51:53 pm »
Would you like a list of things that make me feel good? It's X rated.

Would I?!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2017, 10:51:58 pm »

You apparently don't understand that 'renegotiate' means it's still on the table.

Your anger is palatable. 

I believe you meant to say 'palpable'.

I don't get it.  Why do you hate Trump? 

How is it that you guys always throw the 'hater' card. Next will be 'virtue signalling'. You sound like a bunch of liberal asshats.

I don't hate him, or anyone else... Though I am kinda close with my ex-wife... Working on that.

He's working hand in hand with Cruz (my favorite) on many of Ted's priorities.

When it suits him, and I don't care.

He's a boorish oaf and a perpetual liar. I don't need to know any more.

Better check again tomorrow... With the revolving door and all...

The ONLY reflex wrt how Cruz was treated in the primary is to confirm the scurrilous character of Tump. 'Wining' by slandering your opponent tells me EXACTLY what he's worth., and how much I can trust him - Which is not at all.

Cruz is a big boy. He can handle himself.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:52:24 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:05 pm »
Considering I was a member here several years before you, I feel okay to use the collective "we".

It reminds me of the old FR.  When I was losing a debate against Sabertooth or whomever, I'd go "Did you see my sign-up date".  lol

I seriously have not a clue what this means.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
That pretty well sums it up.

So, what do we do now? 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »

I'm with you on this @Frank Cannon!  Trump, warts and all, IS the president now  regardless of who likes or dislikes the fact and re fighting last years battles is insane! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2017, 10:54:38 pm »
So, what do we do now?

My vote is for everyone to shut the hell up.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:24 pm »
I'm with you on this @Frank Cannon!  Trump, warts and all, IS the president now  regardless of who likes or dislikes the fact and re fighting last years battles is insane!

The best shot at victory on NeverTrump island is to work like hell and get a bunch of Trump hating candidates on the congressional ballot and make sure they win seats, but looking around all the NT Pols like Charlie Dent are slinking away to "spend more time with their families" and the RINO's NT's who dislike Donny seem to be jumping on board the Trump Train after Roy Moore handed them their asses.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2017, 10:59:07 pm »
I seriously have not a clue what this means.

On TOS a few of us were quite proud of our sign-up dates.  I personally was a charter member and it was a fabulous site for many, many years.

It started with a link on Drudge to Whitewater and a few of us Clinton haters went there and the day it officially became Free Republic, I signed up.

It started going really downhill in 2012 during those primaries and that was when Jim R. started allowing vicious verbal abuse.  That's one reason I love the MOds here.  They put up with a lot but they know when to draw the line.

I left for 4 years after that primary but returned during this one until I was thrown out for preferring Ted Cruz to Trump.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2017, 10:59:28 pm »
I think @roamer_1 is a decent enough guy but his Trump hate does not allow him to see beyond any issue.  He is totally obsessed with Trump hate and cannot be reasoned with.

I know.  I've tried.

If you're a Cruz supporter that is still upset over Trump's disrespect of him, his wife and father?  I understand that.

But Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt human being on Earth.  Her husband would rate, but he's not smart enough.  America, under a President Clinton, would not exist as we know it.  She would have destroyed the last enabling, historic American institutions that keep us free and prosperous.

I was a Trump supporter and voter in Oct/Nov 2016.  Every month, I become a more supportive fan.   He is the ONLY guy who could ever break this elitist cabal that has run everything from Katrina to when the Kenyan skulked away.  He makes guys like Krauthammer and Kristol expose themselves.

He's like punk rock in 1978 or the "Gunge" Seattle reponse to the corporate music in the late 80s. 

I like him a lot.  He's a loose cannon, but his heart and mind is in the right place and he has upended the status quo.  Which was poisoning us.

I'm very happy with him.  More than I ever imagined.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:00:30 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2017, 11:00:03 pm »
My vote is for everyone to shut the hell up.

What if I get belligerent about it and refuse to? Would you put me in my place?