Author Topic: Trump on ObamaCare insurer subsidies: Guess what? We checked the budget and the Constitution, and …  (Read 488 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Oct. 13, 2017

Surprise! It turns out that Congress didn’t fund direct subsidy payments to health insurers. Actually, it’s not much of a surprise, not even to the Trump administration, which has chosen to make those payments anyway … until now. The White House announced last night, and Donald Trump confirmed this morning, that those payments will stop immediately, which will almost immediately create even more instability in the ObamaCare exchanges:

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2017/10/13/trump-obamacare-insurer-subsidies-guess-checked-budget-constitution/

Offline endicom

As was oft asked by that old math teacher, "Crystal clear?"

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Go getum Mr. President!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

888high58888  Well, that's one way to repeal Bammycare.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

888high58888  Well, that's one way to repeal Bammycare.

It's been said all along that much could be done with EOs but it seems that every little thing involved must first be thoroughly checked.

Offline bilo

It's been said all along that much could be done with EOs but it seems that every little thing involved must first be thoroughly checked.

Pres. Trump deserves a lot of credit for moving ahead on this and allowing buyers to form groups that can buy across state lines. Way to go!

I think the delay was because he tried working with the Pub party and they not only sold us out, but sold him out as well. The primary loss of Strange may have gotten Pres. Trump back on the right tract as well. It's probably become clear to him that his base won't just go wherever he wants and if he wants to keep them he has to push ahead with what he said he would do. It's a shame the Pub party doesn't understand this.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

Pres. Trump deserves a lot of credit for moving ahead on this and allowing buyers to form groups that can buy across state lines. Way to go!

I think the delay was because he tried working with the Pub party and they not only sold us out, but sold him out as well. The primary loss of Strange may have gotten Pres. Trump back on the right tract as well. It's probably become clear to him that his base won't just go wherever he wants and if he wants to keep them he has to push ahead with what he said he would do. It's a shame the Pub party doesn't understand this.

Can anyone imagine Yeb doing anything close to this?

Offline endicom

Something close to Medicare Part D.

Offline bilo

Not a chance. He would have pushed for single payer to solve the problem.

We did have other good conservative candidates in the primaries that would have done this. Sen. Cruz comes to mind right off the top. But Pres. Trump does deserve credit for actually doing it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home