Author Topic: Sessions Defends Order Ending Obamacare Subsidies – Executive Can’t Spend Money Like This  (Read 286 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Early on Friday morning, TFPP reported that President Donald Trump is planning on a new executive order that will end subsidies to insurance companies to reduce costs of Obamacare exchange insurance plans. The order will withdraw funds that Congress has not approved, and AG Jeff Sessions is defending the order as the right move.

Sessions was interview on Fox and Friends on Friday morning. Host Steve Doocy asked Sessions about the fact that the Obama administration had authorized over $7 billion to be given to insurance companies to reduce rates for consumers. However, Congress had not authorized that money to go to the insurance companies, and Republicans have criticized the grants as being nothing more than insurance company bailouts.

Read more at: http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/sessions-defends-order-ending-obamacare-subsidies-executive-cant-spend-money-like
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This could be a good deal, at any rate force Congress to defecate or vacate the thundermug.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This could be a good deal, at any rate force Congress to defecate or vacate the thundermug.

It might.  Didn't Obama write a waiver to allow Congresscritters to declare their offices small businesses, thus exempt from the O-Care mandates?  I think eliminating that waiver might have some effect on the dime-standing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: