Author Topic: IRS suspends Equifax contract: report  (Read 437 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IRS suspends Equifax contract: report
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:50 am »
IRS suspends Equifax contract: report
By Josh Delk - 10/12/17 07:58 PM EDT

The IRS has temporarily suspended a contract it awarded to Equifax, following reports that the company suffered a second data breach, Politico reports.

The $7.2 million contract was for Equifax to verify taxpayers' identities and help combat fraud.

The incident comes just over a month after Equifax disclosed a massive data breach in which hackers stole the personal information of more than 145 million U.S. consumers.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/355247-irs-suspends-equifax-contract-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: IRS suspends Equifax contract: report
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:28:48 am »
If we could permanently suspend the IRS we would have something!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:29:13 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

Re: IRS suspends Equifax contract: report
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:33:45 am »

Good, Equifax should be bankrupted over this. And any who gave Equifax my info, should have to pay for a lifetime of credit/identity protection on their dime for all affected by this.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass