Author Topic: Rand Paul Explains the Drastic Free-Market Changes Coming to Healthcare  (Read 830 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rand Paul Explains the Drastic Free-Market Changes Coming to Healthcare
Christine Rousselle

In an op-ed penned for Breitbart, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) explained that President Donald Trump's upcoming executive order--which would legalize the sale of health insurance across state lines--would come at zero cost for the taxpayer and would enable 28 million people "left behind" by Obamacare to purchase insurance cheaply.

According to Paul, the executive order will create "Health Associations," which would allow people to create groups similar to large corporations in order to get lower premiums on their plans. Paul said that these Association Health Plans will "be among the biggest-free market reforms" of the healthcare industry in decades, and is a better alternative than repealing the bill outright. Paul called Trump "bold" in making these changes, and said that he worked with Trump for a long time to create this executive order.

Read more at: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/10/12/rand-paul-executive-order-n2394208

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Rand Paul Explains the Drastic Free-Market Changes Coming to Healthcare
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:41:22 pm »
This makes two good moves by Trump on the ACA, the first being eliminating the contraception requirement.  Now if he will just get rid of the subsidies to insurers, the thing might become sustainable, or fail.  Either way, it would be better than what we have now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:42 pm »
This makes two good moves by Trump on the ACA, the first being eliminating the contraception requirement.  Now if he will just get rid of the subsidies to insurers, the thing might become sustainable, or fail.  Either way, it would be better than what we have now.

One area of the current system, is replete with waste, fraud and mismanagement in epic proportions.

Addictive substance treatment. Everybody is entitled to insurance, and the treatment industry recruits street addicts in one region of the US with promises of pocket cash and a plane ride to sunny California coastal vacation.

Immediate insurance sign up on day one, and on planes to coastal resort towns the next. Once there, settle into housing blocks from the beach, and begin daytime classes, daily drug tests, trips to the gym, and 12 step meetings in Mercedes vans (called druggie buggies).

A few years ago, such "treatment" was only available at places like Betty Ford, and it cost $1,000 per day for 30 days. But under Obamacare it is widely available, and providers bill $3,500 per day.

You the tax payer are unaware of this. I am informing you, now.

This is one of what are called "Essential Health Benefits"

Of course ANY move to dial this down into reasonable costs, will be claimed to be curtailment of vital drug treatment. That would be yet another false claim.

An astounding fraction of the $3,500 is pure profit.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:43 am »

I love choice. Choice is always good IMO. Choice = freedom. I wish we could choose on things like Medicare and Social Security as well.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:01:41 pm »
I love choice. Choice is always good IMO. Choice = freedom. I wish we could choose on things like Medicare and Social Security as well.
Amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:13:36 pm »

Apparently a Trump tweet strikes again and says massive subsidies to insurers has stopped. Luv those tweets.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285742.msg1481467/topicseen.html#msg1481467

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 01:45:25 pm »
Apparently a Trump tweet strikes again and says massive subsidies to insurers has stopped. Luv those tweets.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285742.msg1481467/topicseen.html#msg1481467

Heard this this morning.  Glad to see Trump is paying attention to my suggestions here at GOPBR.  :dancer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:51:28 pm »
Heard this this morning.  Glad to see Trump is paying attention to my suggestions here at GOPBR.  :dancer:
Anyone who doesn't pay attention to your suggestions is a fool, VJ!  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »

Me to!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »
Anyone who doesn't pay attention to your suggestions is a fool, VJ!  ^-^

:kisses2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 02:59:00 pm »

We all are!

:laugh:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 03:08:44 pm »
Trump's upcoming executive order--which would legalize the sale of health insurance across state lines--would come at zero cost for the taxpayer

That and loosening policy requirements are huge.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 03:24:26 pm »
That and loosening policy requirements are huge.

70 year old couples no longer having to purchase policies that include Maternity coverage is YOUGE!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien