Author Topic: Walmart Ends Price Matching in Some Regions  (Read 1617 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Walmart Ends Price Matching in Some Regions
« on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:54 am »

Here in Dallas Walmart will end price matching Oct 16 according to signs at check out.

Oct 12, 2017

" News 12 spoke with a Walmart representative Thursday who explained the company is phasing the price match service out of certain markets in the U.S.

Paris is one of approximately 800 stores no longer offering the service and more will follow within the next year.

The spokesman would not comment as to whether Walmart plans to make this a company-wide policy. "

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Walmart-no-longer-matching-prices-450706943.html

Offline KingsX

Re: Walmart Ends Price Matching in Some Regions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:35:35 am »

The local Kroger ended its senior citizen discount last month.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:44:22 am by KingsX »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:59:22 am »
Walmart Ends Price Matching

That should make people hot under the collar....

Offline KingsX

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:52 am »

Walmart Ends Price Matching

That should make people hot under the collar....

A lot of poor, seniors and thrifty middle class people took advantage of those discounts.
It's a corporate version of the GOP's tax cuts for the rich "let them eat cake" mentality.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:46 pm »

A lot of poor, seniors and thrifty middle class people took advantage of those discounts.
It's a corporate version of the GOP's tax cuts for the rich "let them eat cake" mentality.

Not sure about that. I just think the company lost money to competitors.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:38:37 pm »

Were you a tax accountant in a previous life?

Offline KingsX

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:31 pm »

Were you a tax accountant in a previous life?

I have been my own tax consultant for decades.

Ironically, I might know more than "professionals" who depend on computer programs and certainly more than many in the media and government who keep repeating the LIE that the GOP's  proposed standard deductions [$12,000 single/$24,000 married]  is "double" the current standard deductions.   Those GOP amounts are LESS than double any of the current standard deductions [there are more than two.]  The current standard deductions [single, married, head of household, over 65 and/or blind] will be increasing for inflation in 2018. So the GOP's proposed amounts will be even less than "double" the projected IRS amounts in 2018. God knows if the GOP's proposed arbitrary amounts will be indexed for inflation.  The GOP already plans to replace current personal exemptions which are indexed for inflation with child tax credits which are not indexed for inflation. And what happens to those who have no minor children... their personal exemptions go bye bye without replacement compensation, even an inferior one.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:09:58 pm by KingsX »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 10:09:07 pm »

I have been my own tax consultant for decades.

Ironically, I might know more than "professionals" who depend on computer programs and certainly more than many in the media and government who keep repeating the LIE that the GOP's  proposed standard deductions [$12,000 single/$24,000 married]  is "double" the current standard deductions.   Those GOP amounts are LESS than double any of the current standard deductions [there are more than two.]  The current standard deductions [single, married, head of household, over 65 and/or blind] will be increasing for inflation in 2018. So GOP's proposed amounts will be even less than "double" the projected IRS amounts in 2018. God knows if the GOP's proposed arbitrary amounts will be indexed for inflation.  The GOP already plans to replace current personal exemptions which are indexed for inflation with child tax credits which are not indexed for inflation. And what happens to those who have no minor children... their personal exemptions go bye bye without replacement compensation, even a inferior one.

You may indeed know a lot but based on what you have posted here thus far , very little of what you know is about basic economics or effective tax policy.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline KingsX

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 10:27:17 pm »

You may indeed know a lot but based on what you have posted here thus far , very little of what you know is about basic economics or effective tax policy.

Can you not see the irony ?

The GOP has shot itself in the foot.  If they feel no pain yet... they will.

For decades Democrats have said that the GOP favors the rich and tells the rest of us to eat cake.  And now like a self-fulfilling prophecy, the GOP proposes tax cuts that overtly benefit the rich and initiates class warfare. 

Even the GOP's proposed three tax rates overtly show the highest incomes getting the biggest tax cut while those with the lowest incomes will get a tax rate increase !

It makes one wonder if covert Democrats have infiltrated the GOP and are working overtime to forever remove the GOP from power.  Or maybe the GOP has become so oligarch-obsessed they are committing political suicide.  Either way... the GOP has proposed its own trip to the political graveyard.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:30:06 pm by KingsX »