Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 18834 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

As for outright slavery, the capture and sale of humans, be it by commerce or by war, That particular question was not resolved in Christian thought for fifteen hundred years... It being more a question after the rise of the Magna Carta and resulting Western Civ. Christians, no doubt, but hardly a Christian precept, excepting the Laws of YHWH.

I think men had to first give up the idea that other men could rule them before they could give up the idea that they could rule other men. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey @RoosGirl. People are polluting my Minivan thread with blather about slavery and the Constitution. Time to get this hijack back on track.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEKO3deK-jo

Offline RoosGirl

Hey @RoosGirl. People are polluting my Minivan thread with blather about slavery and the Constitution. Time to get this hijack back on track.....

I'm thinking the minivan angle wasn't the way to go with this one.  You shouldn't need my help hijacking a thread.  I'll give you a 8 for effort and a 9 for stamina, but creativity gets a 3.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm thinking the minivan angle wasn't the way to go with this one.  You shouldn't need my help hijacking a thread.  I'll give you a 8 for effort and a 9 for stamina, but creativity gets a 3.

Ran out of terrible looking minivans anyway. Did you see there is another Saw movie coming out at the end of the month?

Offline RoosGirl

Ran out of terrible looking minivans anyway. Did you see there is another Saw movie coming out at the end of the month?

I've never seen one of the Saw movies.  I used to love horror movies, but they always end so stupidly I've pretty much stopped watching them.

Offline roamer_1

I think men had to first give up the idea that other men could rule them before they could give up the idea that they could rule other men.

And hence, it's indelible creation amidst Protestant Christian nations.
But that doesn't mean it is correct, Biblically speaking.
I hate these kind of deals wherein I must play the devil's advocate... But in truth, usury in the Biblical definition is what we operate under in modern Christian nations, and that usury is what allows for the abolition of 'slaves' in the monetary sense... That slavery being transferred to the bankers and the state. Life long slaves to our conveniences and our sense of order.

Offline Frank Cannon

I've never seen one of the Saw movies.  I used to love horror movies, but they always end so stupidly I've pretty much stopped watching them.

Those Saw movies are great. I also love all of the Conjuring movies. Actually anything with Vera Farmiga in is good even when it is bad.

Offline DiogenesLamp

And hence, it's indelible creation amidst Protestant Christian nations.
But that doesn't mean it is correct, Biblically speaking.
I hate these kind of deals wherein I must play the devil's advocate... But in truth, usury in the Biblical definition is what we operate under in modern Christian nations, and that usury is what allows for the abolition of 'slaves' in the monetary sense... That slavery being transferred to the bankers and the state. Life long slaves to our conveniences and our sense of order.

People have told me this same thing for much of my life,  but I just dismissed it as "conspiracy" nonsense.   Over the last several years I have began to see that perhaps the idea is not so silly. 

Yes, it appears we are owned and controlled through intangible chains,  and their ends appear to lie in the vague direction of  Washington DC and New York.   

I have always thought it was insane to have such a colossal debt and it is insane to attempt to keep up such a colossal level of debt spending,   but as I have gotten older I began to see a manner in which it is not insane.  I just first have to discard my original thinking about their motives,  and substitute more sinister ones in their place. 

Then it all starts to look more sensible in terms of understanding it. 

The Democrats aren't stupid,  as I originally thought.  They are evil, and don't care what the consequences of their spending will be,  so long as they can get theirs before the collapse.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

People have told me this same thing for much of my life,  but I just dismissed it as "conspiracy" nonsense.   Over the last several years I have began to see that perhaps the idea is not so silly. 

Yes, it appears we are owned and controlled through intangible chains,  and their ends appear to lie in the vague direction of  Washington DC and New York. 

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to win this game is not to play.
In my return to health, I have begun to return to the sticks... I'm checkin out. I have so reduced my dependencies upon this system that I am nearing the minimum... At least from where I am. I live well now, on less than I used to spend on coffee and business lunches. It is amazing how little it takes if one just stops worrying about those conveniences and gets used to living simply. And it is grand. My new lifestyle is so completely devoid of stresses.

I have always thought it was insane to have such a colossal debt and it is insane to attempt to keep up such a colossal level of debt spending,   but as I have gotten older I began to see a manner in which it is not insane.  I just first have to discard my original thinking about their motives,  and substitute more sinister ones in their place. 

Then it all starts to look more sensible in terms of understanding it. 

The Democrats aren't stupid,  as I originally thought.  They are evil, and don't care what the consequences of their spending will be,  so long as they can get theirs before the collapse.

Now all that's left is to expand your view to realize it's not just the Democrats ~ And in fact the whole mess is beholden to something that lurks behind the scenes. We wrestle not with men, but powers and principalities in high  places.