Author Topic: Hotel worker says he warned of shooter before Las Vegas massacre began  (Read 377 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hotel worker says he warned of shooter before Las Vegas massacre began
By MICHAEL BALSAMOAssociated Press

A maintenance worker said Wednesday he told hotel dispatchers to call police and report a gunman had opened fire with a rifle inside Mandalay Bay before the shooter began firing from his high-rise suite into a crowd at a nearby musical performance.

The revised timeline has renewed questions about whether better communication might have allowed police to respond more quickly and take out the gunman before he committed the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Worker Stephen Schuck told NBC News that he was checking out a report of a jammed fire door on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay when he heard gunshots and a hotel security guard, who had been shot in the leg, peeked out from an alcove and told him to take cover.

Continued at: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/11/hotel-worker-says-he-warned-of-shooter-before-las-vegas-massacre-began/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Hotel worker says he warned of shooter before Las Vegas massacre began
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:25:36 pm »
From the same article:
Undersheriff Kevin McMahill defended the hotel and said the encounter between Paddock and the security guard and maintenance man disrupted the gunman’s plans. Paddock fired more than 1,000 bullets and had more than 1,000 rounds left in his room, the undersheriff said.

“I can tell you I’m confident that he was not able to fully execute his heinous plan and it certainly had everything to do with being disrupted,” McMahill said. He added: “I don’t think the hotel dropped the ball.”

Maybe this will help get the MGM arse covering crew off their back, too so we can find out some answers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:49 pm »
The revised timeline has renewed questions

Before long the timeline will be revised that the housecleaning staff polished and artfully arranged this azzholes weapons 20 minutes before the first shot was fired.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33:27 pm »
The revised timeline has renewed questions

Before long the timeline will be revised that the housecleaning staff polished and artfully arranged this azzholes weapons 20 minutes before the first shot was fired.
My take on the timeline confusion is that the Hotel Staff and higher ups were looking to absolve themselves of a liability window, in which it could be reasonably established that they could/should have "done something" to prevent the incident for the purposes of avoiding lawsuits against the hotel and its parent companies.

I don't think those cases will get much traction, but I didn't think Litton should have had to pay the woman who microwaved her toy poodle, either, and still don't understand why anyone would want to use a hair dryer in the shower. You just never know with torts.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:33:57 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:39:18 pm »

I don't think those cases will get much traction,

Are you kidding? This was going to be the biggest class action of the century even if there was not malfeasance by the hotel. Now that we know what we know; guard knew there was a problem early, shooter accessing a freight elevator, this maintenance guy alerting the hotel to gun fire without a response. Mandalay Bay is finished.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:06:35 pm »
Are you kidding? This was going to be the biggest class action of the century even if there was not malfeasance by the hotel. Now that we know what we know; guard knew there was a problem early, shooter accessing a freight elevator, this maintenance guy alerting the hotel to gun fire without a response. Mandalay Bay is finished.
I didn't say the ambulance chasers won't feed at the trough. I just question how much they will win. It's a gamble, but it's Vegas... :shrug: The guy's profile prior to the shooting, 'industry best practices', the unique nature of the event, and the question of whether it can be established that he had unfettered access to the freight elevator all will factor into the case.

Unfortunately, the CYA aspect of this might muddle the actual facts of the criminal aspect of the case, which I think are important to finding out what motivated the guy in the first place.
The hotel might be better off if the guy was some jihad crazed convert and they can declare ignorance of that, than be dealing with someone who was known to be a violent nutcase. Ask the maid service, they probably have a better handle on what was going on than anyone.

C S Lewis