Author Topic: Goodbye, blue slips!?  (Read 355 times)

rangerrebew

Goodbye, blue slips!?
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
 Posted on October 11, 2017 by Scott Johnson in Judicial nominees, Minnesota, Mitch McConnell, Senate
Goodbye, blue slips!?

In news of interest to those of us who have been following the judicial confirmation wars in the Senate in general and in the matter of the nomination of Justice David Stras to the Eighth Circuit in particular, Fred Barnes reports that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has taken the reins, whipped the horse and expedited matters. Fred supplies this bill of particulars (the first of which I have slightly rewritten):

* McConnell has elevated the confirmation of judicial nominees to a top priority in the Senate. “I decide the priority,” McConnell said in an interview. “Priority between an assistant secretary of State and a conservative court judge—it’s not a hard choice to make.”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/10/goodbye-blue-slips.php

rangerrebew

Re: Goodbye, blue slips!?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:47:15 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, McConnell is a spineless, fearful, weasel who only pretends to be a leader.  He doesn't have the strength of character to fight his way out of a wet paper sack. :scared smiley: 888buttkisser :terror:

Offline endicom