Author Topic: Nicolle Wallace: Second Amendment Intended to Fight ‘Foreign Militias,’ Not Create ‘Armed Population’  (Read 822 times)

Offline endicom

Free Beacon
Stephen Gutowski
Oct. 10, 2017

On Tuesday's episode of MSNBC's "Deadline White House," host Nicolle Wallace said the Second Amendment was intended to help fight against "foreign militias," not to create an "armed population" while interviewing gun-control activists.

Wallace used New York Times columnist Bret Stephens recent op-ed calling for the repeal of the Second Amendment as a jumping-off point while interviewing John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, and actress Julianne Moore. "A conservative wrote a piece last week that got a lot of attention about maybe opening up the conversation about the Second Amendment," Wallace said. "His name is Bret Stephens, and he said the intellectually honest way to have this debate is to say that this isn't what was intended, that we're an armed population. This was a right to bear arms against foreign militias."

More... http://freebeacon.com/issues/msnbcs-nicolle-wallace-second-amendment-intended-fight-foreign-militias-not-create-armed-population/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Should we be sorry for someone who never took civics class?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

Is this the same Nicole Wallace that worked for that awesome George Bush? Boy he kept some really bright shining stars around him. No wonder he did such a fantastic job......destroying the country.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Because Nicole Wallace says so.

Who's Nicole Wallace? Apparently someone somewhere between the Pope and Thomas Jefferson.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

The 2nd Amendment was adopted over the objections of a few (such as Thomas Jefferson) who insisted that it would be unnecessary because Americans would always constitute an armed militia and the government would therefore never dare send troops to oppose them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline endicom

Should we be sorry for someone who never took civics class?

I think we should keep telling them that the Constitution is there to restrict government.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Is this the same Nicole Wallace that worked for that awesome George Bush? Boy he kept some really bright shining stars around him. No wonder he did such a fantastic job......destroying the country.

Yep the same one
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, she got that wrong, sorta.

When Massachusetts and Pennsylvania invaded Maryland (sparking the Baltimore riots of 1861), those were foreign Militias invading, at Lincoln's behest.

The primary purpose of enshrining the RKBA as sacrosanct was so the People retained the means to fight domestic tyranny.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I Sailed wrote:
"Should we be sorry for someone who never took civics class?"

Civics class?
Do they even have that any more?

Offline Frank Cannon

Civics class?
Do they even have that any more?

No. They replaced it with Tercel Class.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Because Nicole Wallace says so.

Who's Nicole Wallace? Apparently someone somewhere between the Pope and Thomas Jefferson.

Nicole Wallace was the name of a piece of sh*t that backstabbed Sarah Palin back in 2008.  I assume it is the same person that said this idiot thing quoted above. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Applewood

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And then we see crap like this:
"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented.  Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control.  Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks.  This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world.  In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.  The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities.  To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171005/nras-wayne-lapierre-and-chris-cox-issue-joint-statement

WTF? Talk about cognitive dissonance!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis