Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80992 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Google Is Using Its Immense Power To Censor Content That Doesn’t Fit Its Political Goals. Everyone In America Should Be Concerned About That

The Daily Caller released a funny video Tuesday of FCC Chairman Ajit Pai defending the commission’s upcoming net neutrality rollback. Through Wednesday and Thursday, liberals and others who dislike Pai’s political position lost their minds. And by Friday morning, Google, one of the most powerful companies on the planet, had censored the video based on a bogus claim from a politically motivated man.

It took seven crucial hours and the full force of our news site to push Google and YouTube to reverse this political censorship. We were able to prevail because of the sizable contacts and resources of TheDC. An average citizen showcasing a political viewpoint Google and the left disagreed with would almost certainly have had a far more difficult — and fruitless — time fighting back.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/15/google-is-using-its-immense-power-to-censor-content-that-doesnt-fit-its-political-goals/?utm_source=site-share

Like I said,   I now understand how the Germans went full Nazi. 

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:50:37 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Google Is Using Its Immense Power To Censor Content That Doesn’t Fit Its Political Goals. Everyone In America Should Be Concerned About That

And, this was under "Net Neutrality" right?

Offline DiogenesLamp

And, this was under "Net Neutrality" right?

I do not understand your point.   I also don't think you understand mine.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

I do not understand your point.   I also don't think you understand mine.

Did you have one?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did you have one?

I just thought it was part of the Great Mosaic.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

Did you have one?

For those with minds to see it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Pretty sure this is the thread where some clown tried to claim it would cost $100 billion to start a new TV network and I was called out for claiming (quite correctly) that that was hyperbole,

This week, Disney announced it was purchasing ALL of 20th Cent Fox for $52 billion.  Still a lot of money, but that includes a whole bunch of networks, studios, content, etc, etc.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Pretty sure this is the thread where some clown tried to claim it would cost $100 billion to start a new TV network and I was called out for claiming (quite correctly) that that was hyperbole,

This week, Disney announced it was purchasing ALL of 20th Cent Fox for $52 billion.  Still a lot of money, but that includes a whole bunch of networks, studios, content, etc, etc.

Your rebuttal is that it would only cost 52 billion?    You got that in your back pocket? 

Also,  from the "New York Times"

Not included in the acquisition: Fox News, the Fox broadcast network and the FS1 sports cable channel. In the news release announcing the Disney deal, Mr. Murdoch said he would spin those businesses and a handful of other properties, including the 20th Century Fox lot in Century City, which Disney is not buying, into a newly listed company. Mr. Murdoch also still controls his newspaper-focused company, News Corporation, which has holdings that include The Wall Street Journal.

So how much does it cost to create a network?   I tossed out 100 billion,   but so long as the number is far greater than can be reasonably amassed,   the exact number is irrelevant to the point.   

I should have put it into terms that might have conveyed the concept more clearly to avoid people looking at the trees instead of the forest.   

I should have said something like "eleventy gadzillion" so people wouldn't focus on the number,  and would perhaps instead focus on the actual point that the amount of money required is beyond our reach.   

Yes,  52 billion is a far more reasonable figure than 100 billion.   Good Job! 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

I just thought it was part of the Great Mosaic.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty
I get real tired of the "I'm smarter than you are"s thinking that because they write something that we should all think it's the next best idea to sliced bread.

What kind of pie you got planned for Christmas?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
I get real tired of the "I'm smarter than you are"s thinking that because they write something that we should all think it's the next best idea to sliced bread.

What kind of pie you got planned for Christmas?

At the moment we're up to our armpits in cookies and brownies.  She got a couple batches of Hob Nobs made, and a crapton of French Meringue cookies.  I'd never had them before.  They don't have flour, just egg white and plenty of sugar.  Baked 215 for 90 minutes, let rest for a few hours.  Unbelievably light.  It's like cotton candy in a cookie form.

They go in the mail next week to the rels in CA and NV, along with some toys & stuff for the kiddos.

In answer to your question, we're probably doing Pumpkin Pie.  Maybe something a bit lighter since we're going to light off a monster Chateaubriand Filet Mignon Roast.  Rotisserie, I think.  Last time we made that I pooped green for a week.   :thud:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

At the moment we're up to our armpits in cookies and brownies.  She got a couple batches of Hob Nobs made, and a crapton of French Meringue cookies.  I'd never had them before.  They don't have flour, just egg white and plenty of sugar.  Baked 215 for 90 minutes, let rest for a few hours.  Unbelievably light.  It's like cotton candy in a cookie form.

They go in the mail next week to the rels in CA and NV, along with some toys & stuff for the kiddos.

In answer to your question, we're probably doing Pumpkin Pie.  Maybe something a bit lighter since we're going to light off a monster Chateaubriand Filet Mignon Roast.  Rotisserie, I think.  Last time we made that I pooped green for a week.   :thud:

Well thanks for that TMI.

What is a Hob Nob?  I could be a relative in Florida if it sounds like something we would like. ;)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well thanks for that TMI.

What is a Hob Nob?  I could be a relative in Florida if it sounds like something we would like. ;)

A Hob Nob is a very lightweight oatmeal cookie with no raisins.  Not much flour, plenty of  butter and sugar, and baking soda (instead of powder).  They raise up really nice.  They're made for dunkin'.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

A Hob Nob is a very lightweight oatmeal cookie with no raisins.  Not much flour, plenty of  butter and sugar, and baking soda (instead of powder).  They raise up really nice.  They're made for dunkin'.

Okay, you may send us some.   :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Okay, you may send us some.   :laugh:

888high58888

We should get @roamer_1 in on this.  I don't think baking's his thing, but he might enjoy it anyway.  He's always talking about munchies in The Lounge. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

888high58888

We should get @roamer_1 in on this.  I don't think baking's his thing, but he might enjoy it anyway.  He's always talking about munchies in The Lounge.

I'm not picky.  Either you or he are welcome to send them to us.  Cousin.

Offline roamer_1

I am an oatmeal cookie aficionado... A true believer...
But sans raisins and cinnamon... I dunno. That tends to defeat the entire purpose...  :shrug:

Offline RoosGirl

I am an oatmeal cookie aficionado... A true believer...
But sans raisins and cinnamon... I dunno. That tends to defeat the entire purpose...  :shrug:

My husband doesn't like oatmeal cookies with raisins either, but he does like the cinnamon.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My husband doesn't like oatmeal cookies with raisins either, but he does like the cinnamon.

I can't stand raisins.  I get pretty ticked off when I go to a meeting where there's a spread of cookies, and I grab one thinking it's chocolate chip and it's not, it's raisins.  A gyp. 9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm going to make some ketogenic peanut butter cookies tomorrow.  Sound like they could be good.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

So you want Big Government then.

Progressives always have wanted big government as long as it was "their" government since the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

Offline kevindavis007

Progressives always have wanted big government as long as it was "their" government since the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

Also it is done their way.  My attitude is this, you can't call people Big Government RINO's you don't like if you want the Feds to do your bidding.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unfortunately, of late that attitude is not limited to progressives.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Also it is done their way.  My attitude is this, you can't call people Big Government RINO's you don't like if you want the Feds to do your bidding.
Government has rules, limitations, powers granted and denied from the onset, with a few relatively minor Amendments.
I just want Government to go by those rules, which largely keeps it out of my business.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines