Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80748 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Fake news should be fought with facts to expose the lies. And then publicly mocked for reporting false information.

I thought it was the left that tried to silence people/organizations that they disagree with.

With Trump the right and the left are merging using the same tactics all ending with more statist control of our lives.

But it's different when it's OUR guy /s
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

Fake news should be fought with facts to expose the lies. And then publicly mocked for reporting false information.

I thought it was the left that tried to silence people/organizations that they disagree with.

With Trump the right and the left are merging using the same tactics all ending with more statist control of our lives.

That's what happens when a liberal is elected as a "Republican" President.

And here we have "conservatives" advocating censorship, and ignoring the First Amendment, just because "our guy" is doing it.

It's a completely upside down world, @DB .....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wouldn't mind equal representation occurring through market forces,  but monopolies are inherently resistant to being broken by market forces.
It certainly appeared that since Fox came around that it was the monopoly breaker - considering its tendency to be more objective than the other three legacy tv networks. 

Fox was killing those guys in viewership and going strong - then, plump.  They began acting like the others more and more, hiring actors like Kelly instead of true reporters.  Drumming up enough negatives to sit O'Reilly down.

Now, they are little better than the alternatives, and their credibility has tanked as a result, allowing the others to catch back up.

Too bad, I thought we had the market forces breaking that monopoly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

But it's different when it's OUR guy /s

Beat me to it!

GMTA.   (Especially when it comes to telling the TRUTH).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How exactly do you plan to punish locally owned stations that had no part in the Trump nuke story?

How many actual stations do you think the parent network owns these days?

Or does that not matter and you just want to nuke all of their broadcast liscenses?

Can you show me a post where I ever advocated the FCC refusing to renew licenses?  I simply said that it woul have effects and affects if the did!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

How many actual stations do you think the parent network owns these days?
28, spread out in some very big markets, can be viewed in 36% of all US homes.

That is a big chunk.  http://www.nbcuniversal.com/business/nbcuniversal-owned-television-stations
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That is a big chunk.  http://www.nbcuniversal.com/business/nbcuniversal-owned-television-stations

Most (more than half) are Telemundo.  Don't count.

I saw this earlier when I looked it up.  Bottom line:  There will be no licenses pulled.  None.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:11:36 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

You know, they are not all illegals watching that.

A very stupid statement.  Of course they count.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I saw this earlier when I looked it up.  Bottom line:  There will be no licenses pulled.  None.

Just for the record,  I didn't think Trump said anything about "pulling" licenses.  I  think he did say someting about protesting the renewal of some.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

28 out of how many NBC affiliates total?

Drop in the bucket compared to the total number of local stations that actually do provide a service to their community.

But hey what does the needs and wants of the smaller communities where that might be the only local station I the town matter when it comes to sticking it to the suits in 30 Rock right.

Trump needs to get iver the fact he's not running the Apprentice on NBC anymore and start acting like a U.S. president instead of a third world tyrant.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just for the record,  I didn't think Trump said anything about "pulling" licenses.  I  think he did say someting about protesting the renewal of some.

Same thing. If you want to screw with a station whether it's radio or the you lodge a complaint about their license renewal with the FCC when they are in the renewal window.

Trump is making less than a veiled threat to have his FCC at the very least hold up the renewal for intense scrutiny.

And that's some major league BS on his part.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:46:33 am by txradioguy »

28 out of how many NBC affiliates total?

Drop in the bucket compared to the total number of local stations that actually do provide a service to their community.

But hey what does the needs and wants of the smaller communities where that might be the only local station I the town matter when it comes to sticking it to the suits in 30 Rock right.

Trump needs to get iver the fact he's not running the Apprentice on NBC anymore and start acting like a U.S. president instead of a third world tyrant.
All I did was pull up the records.  Nothing more.  You insinuated NBC does not own many stations that have licenses, but if one can get into 36% of the homes in the US, one does not need many stations.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
All I did was pull up the records.  Nothing more.  You insinuated NBC does not own many stations that have licenses, but if one can get into 36% of the homes in the US, one does not need many stations.

36% is still a very small percentage. The bulk of that concentrated in New York and LA with Chigaco in the mix as well.

Ok so even if I agree with the premise that is a big chunk (I don't) the second and third order effects by suck a stupid move would put HUNDREDS of locally owned and operated stations out if business.

Where is the sense in that simply because Trump is throwing a tantrum?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump is threatening to pull licenses.  There are no licenses to pull.  I don't think it gets more relevant than that.

Idiots.

As I said previously,  it isn't about "cake"  and it isn't about "licenses." 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

"Do be more careful"---do people really talk like that outside of movies from the fifties? 

Thanks, Sparky, but I'm in the right place, getting a little cheap entertainment from you this evening.

Best way to teach someone. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

SMH....

I can't believe the debate I'm reading among people who supposedly are Conservative.

Orwell was right.

Yup.  People let 1984 sneak up on them and they don't care.  It is Mind boggling. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And for the record...as of 2015 NBC owns and operates  11 stations and has affiliate agreements with 222 other stations across the country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBC_television_affiliates_(by_U.S._state)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:01:00 am by txradioguy »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Many of you still don't understand President Trump.

He's started the conversation, which focuses attention on the FACT of media bias.  That invites a second look at charges of fake news citing anonymous sources, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@DCPatriot

Exactly. Trump is just getting them all spun up to report on 'fake news'. He knows exactly how to play the MSM.

Now, as you point out, he has fake news channels doing story after story on fake news. It's kind of hilarious in a way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think there is no concept of unintended consequences anymore.  There's no forward thought to what happens the next time liberals gain the majority.

If we leave things as they are,  they will resume what was briefly interrupted by the current man we have who fights.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
SMH....

I can't believe the debate I'm reading among people who supposedly are Conservative.

Orwell was right.

I know.  It's frightening.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

He's started the conversation, which focuses attention on the FACT of media bias.  That invites a second look at charges of fake news citing anonymous sources, etc..

Luckily we have you to translate for us.

Offline DiogenesLamp

And how are these facts to reach the public?

What we are speaking of is breaking the silence.   You seem to think that demanding equal voice is promoting silence.   It is promoting speech. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

That's what happens when a liberal is elected as a "Republican" President.

And here we have "conservatives" advocating censorship, and ignoring the First Amendment, just because "our guy" is doing it.

It's a completely upside down world, @DB .....

You and your cadre make up your mind that we are advocating censorship  (because you aren't really listening to what is being said)  and then you repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, and repeat.

You ignore the actual censorship going on,  and you  "virtue signal" about how much you oppose theoretical censorship that you see so very clearly in your minds. 

You choke on a gnat and swallow a camel.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Best way to teach someone.

@DiogenesLamp

You have a lot to learn, so I'll keep it in mind.