Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80862 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

AM radio created a natural competition that lasted for decades.

That existed during a time in which Americans were in far more agreement regarding morals and ethics.   That past was a different country. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

And let’s not forget too how the media is presenting the Russia Russia Russia story in the top of the hour news for the last 12 months, always as if there were something there. When, in fact, we know there is no there there. Mueller’s got nothing but some 3,000 facebook ads purchased by Russians.

That’s 3000 out of 3 billion Facebook ads in a year. Yeah, Russia stole the election for Trump. Give me a break.

Talk about a "loss"  caused by the media!  How many millions,  and how much effectiveness in advancing the agenda has been lost as a result of this media fabricated propaganda effort?   

It's similar to the Valerie Palme incident.  It was totally fabricated to damage the Republican party,  not advance the best interests of the people. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

Some people were slaves for all of their lifetimes,  but that didn't make it right or acceptable.  That something has persisted is not a good argument that it should continue. 

I am not claiming that. But unarguably, There are more Conservative outlets now than there were then - in droves. It isn;t harder now - it is much, much easier.

Too many aren't.   Too many still get their news from the media-weapon.

I don't think that is true. Overall viewership through cable and sat outlets is plummeting. Let it plummet. Don't fix what is fixing itself.

Offline aligncare

Evening news viewing on the three major broadcast networks is huge compared to the numbers for cable news programming. Broadcast news will continue to be the primary influencing source for most of the country.

A hypothetical. Does anyone really believe that if NBC network and cable news were to suddenly disappear that you would notice? That you would see a drop in the quality of news information OTA or on cable?

More likely total news product quality would improve by its absence. And don’t we get enough left wing propaganda news from the remaining news outfits?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Except in the method of retaliation, I agree with @DiogenesLamp . What I would see is Conservatives rising to meet their own needs. That's what Conservatives do.

You want to compete with Google abd Facebook, it just takes startup money.

France didn't commit to helping the US achieve independence until our forces demonstrated some capability at fighting back against the British. 

If such an effort could show some success,  it might be a reasonable alternative to challenge these bastards that control the news and entertainment in this nation.

So far One America News Network looks like the only potential player I see. 

I wouldn't mind equal representation occurring through market forces,  but monopolies are inherently resistant to being broken by market forces. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

Absolutely not.  But they can make "common carriers"  carry all traffic.

I will let profit sort that out - and with the exception of PBS receiving gvt funding, that model has served well - Especially now, as the cable bundling practices are swiftly becoming a noose around their necks.

I say, let em hang.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@driftdiver

Apparently we should tear up the Constitution and put a lock on free speech.  Yay!

You must be reading a different discussion and somehow mistakenly posted on this one.  Do be more careful next time.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for bringing some facts into the discussion.

"Facts"  are always good,  but they are more helpful when they are actually relevant to the focus of the discussion.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

You must be reading a different discussion and somehow mistakenly posted on this one.  Do be more careful next time.

Unsubscribe.

Offline roamer_1

If such an effort could show some success,  it might be a reasonable alternative to challenge these bastards that control the news and entertainment in this nation.

So far One America News Network looks like the only potential player I see. 

But what a player. They will be challenging FOX in a short time.

And entertainment is feeling the pinch too - They can't fill movie houses, Netflix is murdering the normal outlets, and more and more, folks are going to ala carte. Heck I can't even tell you the last TV show I watched. I am waiting for the final season of Longmire to come out (anytime now), but other than that, I am not attached to anything coming through the networks. Heck, I can't even tell you the last time I was on Netflix, even. Almost totally divorced.

I wouldn't mind equal representation occurring through market forces,  but monopolies are inherently resistant to being broken by market forces.

Except their carriers are plummeting. without their carriers, cable and sat, they are all but gone.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Of course there is a real difference..with all the lies and bad press the MSM flung at Trump, he prevailed..people chose not to believe them and looked elsewhere for their news....YES...times are changing!

Nixon didn't. Goldwater didn't.  George HW Bush didn't.  Dole didn't.  George W did,  but barely.  McCain didn't and Romney didn't.   

I believe that the media framing the debate produces a constant shift in the electorate of about ~10% points. 

It's enough to swing an election,  and thereby a destiny. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Facts"  are always good,  but they are more helpful when they are actually relevant to the focus of the discussion.

Trump is threatening to pull licenses.  There are no licenses to pull.  I don't think it gets more relevant than that.

Idiots.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Trump is threatening to pull licenses.  There are no licenses to pull.  I don't think it gets more relevant than that.

Idiots.

I find some humor that we are "arguing" about confiscation of a thing that does not exist because of a lie that does not exist.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I find some humor that we are "arguing" about confiscation of a thing that does not exist because of a lie that does not exist.

Ironical, isn't it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

*****rollingeyes*****  I know @roamer_1 can handily answer for himself, but cripes, that is not even close to what he said or meant or implied.

@RoosGirl

There wasn't enough overwrought drama in @roamer_1's post, so it had to be adjusted for effect.

Offline RoosGirl

Ironical, isn't it?

Yes, and I'm glad that irony is so delicious.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Idiots.

Yes my friend there are licenses.  And the FCC refusing to  renew a few of them in large markets woul have a telling effect and affect!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@DiogenesLamp

"Do be more careful"---do people really talk like that outside of movies from the fifties? 

Thanks, Sparky, but I'm in the right place, getting a little cheap entertainment from you this evening.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
SMH....

I can't believe the debate I'm reading among people who supposedly are Conservative.

Orwell was right.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes my friend there are licenses.  And the FCC refusing to  renew a few of them in large markets woul have a telling effect and affect!

They are nothing to the nets.   Nothing.  This is the most breathtaking of nothing I've seen in years!
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Evening news viewing on the three major broadcast networks is huge compared to the numbers for cable news programming. Broadcast news will continue to be the primary influencing source for most of the country.

Except in that all are ted to the cable and sat bundles - that's their delivery... And cable and sat subscriptions have been plummeting remarkably - 20-30% quarterly. How long can that be sustained?

A hypothetical. Does anyone really believe that if NBC network and cable news were to suddenly disappear that you would notice? That you would see a drop in the quality of news information OTA or on cable?

I don't think I'd even know the difference. The alphabet channels make up a tiny percentage of my viewership - I have no idea when the last thing I watched from any of them was... That tiny.

Offline RoosGirl

SMH....

I can't believe the debate I'm reading among people who supposedly are Conservative.

Orwell was right.

I think there is no concept of unintended consequences anymore.  There's no forward thought to what happens the next time liberals (the ones who call themselves liberals instead of trying to hide it) gain the majority.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

How exactly do you plan to punish locally owned stations that had no part in the Trump nuke story?

How many actual stations do you think the parent network owns these days?

Or does that not matter and you just want to nuke all of their broadcast liscenses?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
SMH....

Orwell was right.

@AbaraXas rule of law and the Constitution don't matter.

It's all about revenge and paybacks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DB

Fake news should be fought with facts to expose the lies. And then publicly mocked for reporting false information.

I thought it was the left that tried to silence people/organizations that they disagree with.

With Trump the right and the left are merging using the same tactics all ending with more statist control of our lives.