Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80727 times)

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1
And yet they dictate whats on the news each and every day

If you haven't noticed, 'They' are all hurting for viewership/readership. Especially newspapers and news mags... Folding up like cheap lawn chairs everywhere.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
ALL of the media is owned by six corporations!   There IS no actual reporting going on at this point in time!  There is only left wing propaganda being  sold as news!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:40:24 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
If you haven't noticed, 'They' are all hurting for viewership/readership. Especially newspapers and news mags... Folding up like cheap lawn chairs everywhere.

@roamer_1
And yet they still determine whats on the news each and every day.   They tell each newscaster what to say about things like nominees for the Supreme Court.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

ALL of the media is owned by six corporations!   There IS no actual reporting going on at this point in time!  There is only left wing propaganda bein sold as news!

I hate to tell you, but that has loooong been the case - All of my lifetime.
Now, there is net. and now, more and more, people are going elsewhere for their news.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I realize that no number of successes will satisfy your blood lust for a tyrannical move like this form Trump.

You said what can you do...tried to make yourself out to be a helpless victim...I merely pointed out a very famous and very publicized win for the people.

@txradioguy
I know its hard but you should really try to think.  There is a middle ground.

There is a problem with the media in this country.  It has been and is controlled by leftists who are using it to destroy our freedoms.  Yet folks like you defend them while they do it.

I take it you like extra crispy in the ovens?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Nothing will come of this just like basically nothing has come of any of the crap Trump tweets about (NFL excepting).

That might be true,   but you know what is true for sure?   Doing nothing will achieve nothing!
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hate to tell you, but that has loooong been the case - All of my lifetime.
Now, there is net. and now, more and more, people are going elsewhere for their news.

That is true but not NEARLY enough to make any real difference.  The NY Times still calls the tune on what is or isn't news.  Even for cable.  There are a very few who do actual reporting but for every one that sees their reporting there are thousands that don't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

That is true but not NEARLY enough to make any real difference.  The NY Times still calls the tune on what is or isn't news.  Even for cable.  There are a very few who do actual reporting but for every one that sees their reporting there are thousands that don't.

It is still far, far better than when the whole thing was governed by the big 3 and the AP. Thousands, even millions of sources where the truth may out. We have less to fight in this regard than our fathers... However, needless to say:

Eternal Vigilance.

Offline DiogenesLamp

That is already happening.  It is the reason Steve Bannon is prominent in the news lately.

It isn't enough,  and we have no way of knowing if it will eventually be successful in breaking the monopoly. 

I see the empire fighting back.  Google is censoring,  Twitter is censoring, Facebook is censoring,  a hosting service informed "Gab"  that they  had to leave.  The left mostly owns the internet,  and I don't mean metaphorically either. 

It is in  the  interests of the United States and necessary to protect the rights of it's people to insure that there is no monopoly and no censorship of freedom of speech. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

There are like 4 or 5 conservative media news outlets on cable these days. Don't be stupid.

I don't know what  you  are talking about.  I don't have cable,  I only get television from broadcast stations.   All I see is ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX,  and they are all feeding me the same lines of bullsh*t from the echo chamber of Urban Liberals in New York and Los Angeles.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Says who? Of course Trump says they are lies. How many lies has Trump been in caught telling over the years?  More than I can count. If this is a lie, then it should be provable as a lie.  Otherwise it is just Trump being Trump.

You do love linking everything wrong in the world back to Trump.    Apparently you can't see any evil beyond him. 

http://www.returnofkings.com/105550/10-recent-examples-of-fake-news-from-the-real-news-media

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2016/12/10/the-7-worst-examples-of-fake-news-from-the-mainstream-media-n2257896

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/22/12-fake-news-stories-from-the-mainstream-media/

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/the_war_on_fake_news.html
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Sorry, but I will not go for putting them out of business.  Dictators do that.  This country is not a dictatorship...yet.

Dictators also put them in business.   Every dictator had to have a propaganda corps to spew their lies to the public.   

But in this case we have an Oligarchy that we have taken to lately calling the "Establishment" and "Deep State".   

The existing corporations are party organs.   We need a system where party organs cannot dominate and censor the information delivery systems. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

As much as I'd like to hammer these guys, I'm not sure the gain is worth the risk. The MSM is declining and only seems to have influence with our scared GOP congress people.

Other than that most people today get their news from the internet. The horse is already long out the barn door.

For people that appear to be conservatives using the internet to route around the censorship systems of the existing broadcasting monopolies,   you certainly seem to be ill informed about the current doings regarding the behemoths that control the internet.   

There is censorship afoot.  I actually can't believe I need to tell anyone about this.   

So your solution is to leave our fate in the hands of left wing ideologies in Silicon Valley? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline kevindavis007

@roamer_1
And yet they still determine whats on the news each and every day.   They tell each newscaster what to say about things like nominees for the Supreme Court.

So??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online roamer_1

There is censorship afoot.  I actually can't believe I need to tell anyone about this.   

You needn't. it is the remedy that is in question.

So your solution is to leave our fate in the hands of left wing ideologies in Silicon Valley?

And yours is to let the Fed guard our speech?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump sycophants want to turn it into one. They're more anti-liberty than democrats.

Yes,  we should all just sit back and accept what big brother tells us is the truth. 

Meantime,  everyone get ready for their two minute hate.  The image of Emmanuel Goldstein will be showing shortly. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp
I'm convinced a significant portion of this country would argue for the protection of their enemies all the way to the ovens.

"Sheep, thought I."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange_%28film%29 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

So basically you want censorship.

Uh,  no.   For some reason you seem to have flipped my entire argument demanding an end to censorship as some how advocating for censorship.   

Are you okay?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

ALL of the media is owned by six corporations!   There IS no actual reporting going on at this point in time!  There is only left wing propaganda being  sold as news!

:amen: :amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I want no censorship.

Then what is your proposal to stop the trillion dollar broadcasting infrastructure which is totally under the control of the Liberal media-weapon from censoring us?   

I'm all ears.

— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

Then what is your proposal to stop the trillion dollar broadcasting infrastructure which is totally under the control of the Liberal media-weapon from censoring us?   

I'm all ears.

AM radio created a natural competition that lasted for decades.
Next will be similar.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I've already posted a link with a direct interview between Reuters and Trump where he says he wants to increase the US Nuke arsenal.  Are you still going to believe that in this case the media is lying?

In my opinion,   the most serious point in this discussion is the fact that the media do lie routinely,
(Hands up,  Don't shoot!)  and can do so whenever they wish,  and even more seriously,  they can censor information (Imran Awan?  Who's that?)  which the American people need to hear to make the right decisions. 

They are tampering with our nation's control system by blinding us.   

That they may have or may not have bungled this particular one is irrelevant to the larger point here.   

Allowing them to lie and censor is damaging to the nation.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Here's the thing, the report on the nuclear arsenal comment is pretty much correct, per the Reuters/Trump interview I posted the link for. So all y'all arguing that Trump is right to threaten to take away some media "licenses" are essentially saying that a POTUS is right to threaten censorship for them telling an accurate story.

Offline DiogenesLamp

NOPE. Read my lips.

I have written countless essays on George HW Bush's stupidest blunder in political history,   but this does not change the fact that the Media carried Bill Clinton over the finish line with their lies and omissions.   

George HW could have survived that blunder,  though he did not deserve to survive it,  however Bill Clinton could not have won without the media putting their thumb on the scale with their lies about the economy,  and their lies about George HW Bush.  (grocery store scanner)

Also I will point  out that George HW Bush did not make a mistake when he said "read my lips... no new taxes."   His blunder was breaking that promise in an effort to make a deal with the Democrats.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

While I would lightly agree with the monopoly angle (which would really be hard to prove). The US government, especially the FED is not the watchdog and arbiter of truth.

Nor should they be.  That is just asking for trouble.   But in the manner that they can say people are discriminating against blacks because they do not have any blacks in their employ,  is it so difficult to say "The media discriminates against conservatives because they do not have 50% conservatives on their staff in decision making positions."   

The liberals like affirmative action?  Shove it up their @$$ and break it off!    Force them to hire their political enemies and force them to give them as much air time and control over the stories as they already do to their army of Liberal employees. 

But using the Federal government to exercise your will is a dire mistake, of monumental proportions.

Depending how you use it,  maybe,   but what is also a dire mistake is leaving our nation with a one sided political propaganda system manipulating elections. 

— Lord Melbourne —