Author Topic: White House Eyes Sen. Elizabeth Warren as Potential 2020 Challenger  (Read 1335 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Jeffrey Rodack   |   Tuesday, 09 May 2017 07:37 AM

The White House is preparing for Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., as a possible challenger to President Donald Trump in 2020, The Hill is reporting.

Trump officials regularly circulate critical memos about her to reporters, according to The Hill. In addition, they are also working with the Republican National Committee in putting together a research file on the liberal senator and other potential Democratic candidates, according to the website.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/white-house-elizabeth-warren-trump-challenger/2017/05/09/id/788944/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I highly doubt Donald Trump will be a two term president. Elizabeth Warren is just one of many names that would likely demolish him in 2020.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

I too feel that Trump will be a one term president because of his age and wanting his prior lifestyle back.  I would like to see him step down just prior to the election making Pence president and Pence selecting Cruz and the two of them running in 2020, then Ted running in 2024 along with Fiorina.  Statistically though, the prevailing party usually doesn't get elected in again after two terms.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I highly doubt Donald Trump will be a two term president. Elizabeth Warren is just one of many names that would likely demolish him in 2020.
What is your track record on such matters? Did you correctly predict his winning the nomination?

The general election?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

Re: White House Eyes Sen. Elizabeth Warren as Potential 2020 Challenger
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 12:54:13 am »
It’s fun to go back and see how goofy the press was a scant five months ago. I somehow seriously doubt President Trump is losing any sleep worrying about Elizabeth Warren.

Btw, Trump sails to reelection. Any president, any man, who can remain standing after the kind of relentless, 2-year-long campaign of carpet bombing that Donald Trump has taken, by media and political establishment elites (and it ain’t over by a long shot), is a force of nature and could easily win reelection.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 01:31:26 am »
How many contenders have the Dems thrown into the Presidential race that hailed from Massachusetts?

Kerry, Dukakis, Teddy?  How many have won?  Only JFK, the chief philanderer of the WH who Clinton could not even compete with.
the only reason people think highly of him is he was murdered.

We should not be worried about any person from Massachusetts.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 03:07:11 am »
General, or primary?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 10:09:17 am »
As of now, I don’t see many reasons to lead me to believe Trump will be able to win a second term. He certainly is doing everything he can to maintain his base, but he’s doing virtually nothing to grow the 46% of the voters who voted for him. Having said that, I doubt the Dems are dumb enough to nominate Warren. I think they’ll end up younger, and a little more moderate than that.  It’s still early days though.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:09:19 am »
Fauxcahontas? I'm no Trump lover, didn't vote for him (voted for Castle), but it will take a lot more liberal brainwashing before I'd consider her to be a contender. The woman is a complete fraud, and used her cultural appropriation to get benefits an ordinary white woman of her caliber could not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 11:16:21 am »
What a young and vibrant party the Dems have become. Fauxcahontas will be 71 by election day, 2020.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 12:25:34 pm »
As of now, I don’t see many reasons to lead me to believe Trump will be able to win a second term. He certainly is doing everything he can to maintain his base, but he’s doing virtually nothing to grow the 46% of the voters who voted for him. Having said that, I doubt the Dems are dumb enough to nominate Warren. I think they’ll end up younger, and a little more moderate than that.  It’s still early days though.

I don’t see it that way at all.

With (some) conservatives and republicans Trump holds a reputation (unearned, in my opinion) as a NY liberal. Plus, his willingness to talk with democrats in congress, and his appeal with workers in industrial sectors of the midwest where he won big, means he will certainly pull blue collar voters from the center and center-left. That demographic thinks themselves patriotic, as all Americans should, and they support Trump on defense, immigration, national security and support for police and love for America and the flag.

With this very Reagan-esque following and agenda he can’t lose reelection.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 12:35:54 pm »
Fauxcahontas? I'm no Trump lover, didn't vote for him (voted for Castle), but it will take a lot more liberal brainwashing before I'd consider her to be a contender. The woman is a complete fraud, and used her cultural appropriation to get benefits an ordinary white woman of her caliber could not.

The left loves her. Donald Trump won with less votes than Romney lost to Obama with. Most likely less people will vote for him this second time, maybe I'm wrong. All the Democrats have to do is find somebody that will excite their base more than Hillary did, which won't be hard. She depressed the left wing vote by millions and millions because a large part of their base just didn't trust her and refused to vote.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:37:25 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:56 pm »
What a young and vibrant party the Dems have become. Fauxcahontas will be 71 by election day, 2020.
Not only is she an aging squaw, but also a hysterically shrill leftist who tends to reminds men of their first wives, and women of their menopausal aunt at Thanksgiving dinner after too many mugs of punch. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Concerned

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 01:13:37 pm »

I don’t see it that way at all.

With (some) conservatives and republicans Trump holds a reputation (unearned, in my opinion) as a NY liberal. Plus, his willingness to talk with democrats in congress, and his appeal with workers in industrial sectors of the midwest where he won big, means he will certainly pull blue collar voters from the center and center-left. That demographic thinks themselves patriotic, as all Americans should, and they support Trump on defense, immigration, national security and support for police and love for America and the flag.

With this very Reagan-esque following and agenda he can’t lose reelection.

Regardless of his reputation, I just can’t imagine too many true liberals who didn’t vote for him last time, will now suddenly vote for him because of this reputation as a “NY liberal”. I suspect many of his policies, his temperament, and things like his appointment of Gorsuch, will prevent that 46% from growing significantly as a result of Dems coming into the fold in 2020. I think his approval numbers and the reaction to him by most liberals bear this out, but as I said earlier, it’s still early.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 01:50:16 pm »
Regardless of his reputation, I just can’t imagine too many true liberals who didn’t vote for him last time, will now suddenly vote for him because of this reputation as a “NY liberal”. I suspect many of his policies, his temperament, and things like his appointment of Gorsuch, will prevent that 46% from growing significantly as a result of Dems coming into the fold in 2020. I think his approval numbers and the reaction to him by most liberals bear this out, but as I said earlier, it’s still early.
I think the votes Trump might win will be the Conservatives who did not vote for him last time. They stayed home, they voted third party, they wrote someone in, but they figured Hillary for a loser, anyway, and voted otherwise. Some were pissed off Cruz supporters (Hillary lost Bernie votes, too). We'll see if Trump can amass the track record to woo those votes. Time will tell, the proof is in the pudding.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »
The women I know here in MA cannot stand this woman. Worse personality than Hillary even.