Author Topic: In 1988, Algeria and Tunisia Were Terrified of Israeli Air Raids  (Read 482 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Tom Cooper

Late on the morning of Oct. 1, 1985, a formation of 10 Israeli air force F-15 fighters approached the Mediterranean coast of Tunisia at an altitude of 40,000 feet.

In front were six F-15Bs and F-15Ds from No. 106 “Spearhead” Squadron. Each of the aircraft was carrying one U.S.-made, GBU-15 electro-optically guided bomb, the pod necessary for the guidance of such weapons and four AIM-7 Sparrow missiles.

In the rear were two F-15Cs from No. 133 ‘Twin Tail’ Squadron, armed with AIM-7 Sparrow and AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, but also six Mk.82 bombs mounted on a multiple-ejector rack, installed under the centerline hardpoint.

Shortly before entering Tunisian airspace, the formation split into two flights of four, separated by four minutes. Two of F-15s experienced various avionics failures and were forced to abort the mission. The other crews thus had to re-distribute targets between them.

https://warisboring.com/in-1988-algeria-and-tunisia-were-terrified-of-israeli-air-raids/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: In 1988, Algeria and Tunisia Were Terrified of Israeli Air Raids
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:53:27 am »
In 1943, England was terrified of German air raids.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:27 am »
In 1943, England was terrified of German air raids.

The Tunisians were afraid that the Israelis were going rain death from the sky. The Israeli pilots are the best in the world. They are first in line to buy our planes and they are allowed of "tinker" with their new planes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:06:54 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:20:09 am »
The Tunisians were afraid that the Israelis were going rain death from the sky. The Israeli pilots are the best in the world. They are first in line to buy our planes and they are allowed of "tinker" with their new planes.

The British were afraid that the Germans were going to rain death from the sky too.....because they did nightly....

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 03:46:39 am »
The British were afraid that the Germans were going to rain death from the sky too.....because they did nightly....

The difference is you can count on a German attack. Israel chooses it time to strike.