Author Topic: Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’  (Read 523 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday wrote a letter to all 32 league owners regarding the protests that have taken place during the national anthem, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported.

In the letter, which Schefter shared on his Facebook page, Goodell wrote that the “current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”

Last year, former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat down and later took a knee during the playing of the national anthem as protest against racial injustice. More players have joined the protests and President Donald Trump spoke out against the activity in September and has continued to do so.

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters has sat during the playing of the national anthem at every game this season.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article178071036.html#storylink=cpy

"...and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country."  Uhm, what led you to that conclusion you big dummy?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Another win for Trump.

MAGA

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
too late

No NFL, its a leftist organization anyway.   screw em
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Too late, Roger.

Like telling everybody nothing is wrong with the soup bowl you shit in and cleaned out.

They still won't eat from it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Goodell wrote that the “current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”
A 'current dispute'?  All the idiot has to do is to implement the Code of Conduct already existing.  Anybody who disrespects the anthem is already guilty of not following the policy. 

This is not a 'dispute' about the anthem.  It is the NFL not enforcing its own policies.

Below is the NFL's Code of Conduct policy:

Personal Conduct Policy
All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid "conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League." This requirement applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials and all others privileged to work in the National Football League.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Meldrew

I have a suspicion that the protest kneeling will now turn from phony BLM tropes to phony "NFL plantation" tropes. 

And btw, the 49ers are 2-19 since Kaepernick's first protest.  Karma.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:58:49 am by Meldrew »