Author Topic: Anthrax killed more than 100 hippos in Namibia, officials say  (Read 386 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anthrax killed more than 100 hippos in Namibia, officials say
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:28:50 am »
Anthrax killed more than 100 hippos in Namibia, officials say

Oct. 10 (UPI) -- Namibian officials believe an anthrax outbreak may have caused the deaths of more than 100 hippos in one of the country's national parks.

"We first noticed the deaths of 10 hippos last week Sunday, but the number increased during the week," Bwabwata National Park director Apollinaris Kannyinga told the Namibian. "As we speak, the number of deaths is 109. We suspect an anthrax outbreak, but our vete­rinary team is still to confirm that."

The New Era reported that hippo carcasses were scattered by a river in the park. However, officials said it's a scene they've seen before.

Continued at: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/10/10/Anthrax-killed-more-than-100-hippos-in-Namibia-officials-say/2511507610526/?spt=rrs&or=2

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Anthrax killed more than 100 hippos in Namibia, officials say
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:53:46 am »
Anthrax and Plague is pretty nasty stuff. My brother works it with for the government.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:58:32 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome