Author Topic: Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz  (Read 9788 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »
You have yet to provide a SINGLE INSTANCE of Trump using eminent domain to seize
private property. Not a single one. The poster above does not know what he/she is
talking about and his/her post was so ridiculous I did not even brother to respond to
him/her.
I guess Scotland doesn't count because they call it something different there? Or we just didn't care because it's not Americans he profited off of, though his profit seems to change depending on the country he is reporting it to.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-top-example-of-foreign-experience-a-scottish-golf-course-losing-millions/2016/06/22/12ae9cb0-1883-11e6-9e16-2e5a123aac62_story.html

I am curious also as to how many times a municipality stepped in and did the deed so that Trump could build one of his developments.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2017, 05:42:37 pm »

Instead of thanking Bannon for trying to unseat liberal candidates, this site devolves into naïve ad infinitum discussion of real estate development.

Countless millions of homes and commercial facilities were permitted, by thousands of civic entities, which aided the builder to construct his/her projects, and which provided homes and businesses with facilities to pursue the American Dreams.

In rare instances controversy arose over eminent domain, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Some of you sound like wealth envious liberals, not common sense grounded people or conservatives either.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2017, 06:23:53 pm »
Instead of thanking Bannon for trying to unseat liberal candidates, this site devolves into naïve ad infinitum discussion of real estate development.

Countless millions of homes and commercial facilities were permitted, by thousands of civic entities, which aided the builder to construct his/her projects, and which provided homes and businesses with facilities to pursue the American Dreams.

In rare instances controversy arose over eminent domain, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Some of you sound like wealth envious liberals, not common sense grounded people or conservatives either.

Thank you, @truth_seeker  :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2017, 06:34:12 pm »
   Worth Repeating for you, since you brought up the Ben Carson thing @jpsb

Lyin Ted

Cruz's email stated, verbatim:

Dear ___,

Breaking News. The press is reporting that Dr. Ben Carson is taking time off from the campaign trail after Iowa and making a big announcement next week.

Please inform any Carson caucus goers of this news and urge them to caucus for Cruz.

EACH of those statements was factually accurate. Not false in the slightest.

Here are the relevant portions of the transcript from the CNN report:

Tapper: Thanks, Wolf. Well, CNN has learned some news about the man who, at least according to polls, is in fourth place here in Iowa. Now, Dana, a week from tomorrow, we’re all going to be doing this again for the New Hampshire primary. So almost every single candidate is going to be going directly from here to New Hampshire to campaign–except for the man in fourth place, who a few months ago was in first place here, Dr. Ben Carson. What have we learned?

Bash: That’s right. We should say that our Chris Moody is breaking this news, that Ben Carson is going to go back to Florida, to his home, regardless of how he does tonight here in Iowa. He’s going to go there for several days. And then afterwards, he’s not going to go to South Carolina. He’s not going to go to New Hampshire. He’s going to come to Washington, D.C., and he’s going to do that because the National Prayer Breakfast is on Thursday

. . .

Bash: Look, if you want to be President of the United States, you don’t go home to Florida. I mean, that’s bottom line. That’s the end of the story. If you want to signal to your supporters that you want it, that you’re hungry for it, that you want them to get out and and campaign, you’ve got to be out there doing it too. And he’s not doing it. it’s very unusual.

The Cruz email went out approximately 4 minutes before the Iowa Caucuses opened and did not effect the outcome of the Caucus. Carson ended up with approximately 17,000 votes and that result outperformed his polling by 1.6%. Carson could not overtake Rubio for third place as he would have needed more than twice his vote total to do so - Rubio lead Carson by about 25,000 votes.

Trump, of course, lied when he claimed that Cruz's email stole the election in Iowa. Trump lied then as he does now. It's his nature.

Ted didn't lie. Period. The fact that you are so willing to stare myopically at the one statement by Ted in order to imagine a lie yet overlook the near daily lying by Trump shows that you have zero integrity and are hopelessly irrational.

@corbe is right

I saw that CNN exchange live, by chance, eating at a Mexican restaurant that had it on.
I turned to my wife and said "Wow, look at that! It looks like Carson is dropping out of the race!"

On CNN.....

What Cruz is guilty of is passing along the CNN story, nothing more.

CNN getting it wrong does not make Cruz some sort of liar.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2017, 06:42:53 pm »
For those interested, I just posted a thread with a link to Steve Bannon's interview with Hannity.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »
True enough, but I still like Bannon essentially saying that Cruz is the ONLY real principled Conservative in Washington.   All others are expendable.
That is not what Bannon is saying.

He is saying that during the upcoming election Cruz is the only principled Conservative in the Senate.

He said nothing about others such as Lee.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2017, 07:03:35 pm »
BTW, only 8 GOP Senators are up for re-election in '18. They are:

Hatch
Barasso
Corker (retiring)
Cruz
Fischer
Flake
Heller
Wicker

Cruz is the only reliable conservative I know of.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2017, 07:11:14 pm »
That is not what Bannon is saying.

He is saying that during the upcoming election Cruz is the only principled Conservative in the Senate.

He said nothing about others such as Lee.

He said that it was not going to be "fixed" with just one election, but would take several.

Figured that's because not everybody is up for reelection in 2018...or even 2020.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2017, 07:21:06 pm »
@truth_seeker

"Instead of thanking Bannon for trying to unseat liberal candidates..."

Well, I'm not sure that is what Bannon is doing.   Is he trying to  unseat liberals or just trying to replace them with Trump and Bannon loyalists?  I suspect the reason Cruz is being spared is because Cruz pledged his loyalty to Trump.  The others have not.  Would those who pledge loyalty to Trump be conservative?  Well, maybe not. Trump supported the liberal Republican candidate in the Alabama special election.  Do you think he cares about whether the candidate he and Bannon supports is a consrrvative?  I don't believe so.  I think he will support anyone who pledges fealty.

And then there is Trump himself.  While candidate, he made promises like a conservative (repeal Obamacare, for example).  But then there is the family leave plan he talked about sometime back.  That is not conservative.   

Trump might be a registered Republican, but he still has that New York liberalism from when he was a Democrat.  I'm happy when he does things like get rid of the birth control mandate for emoloyers, for example.  But I still can't trust him.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »
@truth_seeker

"Instead of thanking Bannon for trying to unseat liberal candidates..."

Well, I'm not sure that is what Bannon is doing.   Is he trying to  unseat liberals or just trying to replace them with Trump and Bannon loyalists?  I suspect the reason Cruz is being spared is because Cruz pledged his loyalty to Trump.  The others have not.  Would those who pledge loyalty to Trump be conservative?  Well, maybe not. Trump supported the liberal Republican candidate in the Alabama special election.  Do you think he cares about whether the candidate he and Bannon supports is a consrrvative?  I don't believe so.  I think he will support anyone who pledges fealty.

And then there is Trump himself.  While candidate, he made promises like a conservative (repeal Obamacare, for example).  But then there is the family leave plan he talked about sometime back.  That is not conservative.   

Trump might be a registered Republican, but he still has that New York liberalism from when he was a Democrat.  I'm happy when he does things like get rid of the birth control mandate for emoloyers, for example.  But I still can't trust him.

I googled your claim. Can't find Cruz pledging fealty to Trump anywhere. Could it be Trump thinks Cruz is more supportive of his agenda and so would be a bigger help, if not actually obstruct, getting it passed?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:11 pm »
I guess since this became the "prove to me Cruz doesn't eat babies" thread, we have lost track.

Cruz has tried to seize the opportunity of having both houses and the White house as an opportunity that may not come again.
There are 3-4 republican senators that seem to stand in the way.
Corker will be gone, and I hope a Conservative replaces him.
Yet, McCain, Murkowski, Collins remain.
He has pushed Healthcare and Tax Reform proposals forward, in line with what the white house wants.
I have no problem primary-ing people who won't fight for what we've asked them to.
Cruz was pretty upset when the McDaniels in Mississippi thing happened, and I think Bannon knows that Cruz was supporting the best candidate (most conservative), and not the incumbent there.

Is Bannon a conservative, or an opportunist?
I'm not sure, evidence is out there to support both claims.

Andrew Brietbart was a conservative, and I sure miss that guy.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:30 pm »
I guess Scotland doesn't count because they call it something different there? Or we just didn't care because it's not Americans he profited off of, though his profit seems to change depending on the country he is reporting it to.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-top-example-of-foreign-experience-a-scottish-golf-course-losing-millions/2016/06/22/12ae9cb0-1883-11e6-9e16-2e5a123aac62_story.html

I am curious also as to how many times a municipality stepped in and did the deed so that Trump could build one of his developments.

No Scotland does not count, last time I checked Scotland was all down with Muslims and Marxism all the good Scots left Scotland in the 1900's. Screw 21th century Scotland.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:47:04 pm by jpsb »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:39 pm »
I googled your claim. Can't find Cruz pledging fealty to Trump anywhere. Could it be Trump thinks Cruz is more supportive of his agenda and so would be a bigger help, if not actually obstruct, getting it passed?

How about when Cruz endorsed Trump?  Trump lied and humiliated Cruz throughout the campaign and Cruz all but bowed down and kissed his ring. 

Much as I like Cruz, I can't trust him now either.  In the end, he's just another politician.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2017, 10:31:57 pm »
How about when Cruz endorsed Trump?  Trump lied and humiliated Cruz throughout the campaign and Cruz all but bowed down and kissed his ring. 

Much as I like Cruz, I can't trust him now either.  In the end, he's just another politician.

Endorsing and pledging fealty are two totally different things.

And if Cruz's endorsement was necessary to prevent Clinton from winning I'm damn glad he did.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2017, 10:35:06 pm »
In the end, he's just another politician.

They are all politicians by definition. It's just that this one thinks more like me then the rest of the morons. That makes Lyin' Ted a good egg in my book.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:42 pm »

Wait, what? Cruz endorsed Trump you say? What the hell was all the crap from the Trump side about Cruz NOT endorsing Trump at the convention because he told people to vote their conscience. Now all of sudden Cruz not only endorsed Trump but to quote you "Cruz all but bowed down and kissed his ring". I'll be back, I need to get my muck boots on.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2017, 10:45:35 pm »
No Scotland does not count, last time I checked Scotland was all down with Muslims and Marxism all the good Scots left Scotland in the 1900's. Screw 21th century Scotland.
Glad to hear that it's OK for Trump to screw people over if it's somewhere you are unhappy with. I'm sure if you just explained that to all the people in Scotland that Trump lied to and screwed over they would be just fine then.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2017, 10:46:04 pm »
Wait one dingdang minute!  I read the entire article and 3 pages of comments wrong!  I thought this was about @Frank Cannon wanting to challenge every republican incumbent except Cruz.  Man, that clears things up immensely.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2017, 11:03:31 pm »
Wait, what? Cruz endorsed Trump you say? What the hell was all the crap from the Trump side about Cruz NOT endorsing Trump at the convention because he told people to vote their conscience. Now all of sudden Cruz not only endorsed Trump but to quote you "Cruz all but bowed down and kissed his ring". I'll be back, I need to get my muck boots on.

I don't suppose its occurred to some of those few Trump supporters still stuck on the 'Lying Ted' meme that Bannon is trying to signal to them that the primaries are over, to shut the hell up and try to make common cause with Cruz's substantial base of support if they want to actually get anything done over the next three years.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2017, 11:25:38 pm »
Wait one dingdang minute!  I read the entire article and 3 pages of comments wrong!  I thought this was about @Frank Cannon wanting to challenge every republican incumbent except Cruz.  Man, that clears things up immensely.

Yeah. This is about a guy named BANNON. The article posted late last night about me talks about how I want to challenge every incumbent Republican INCLUDING Cruz. My plan also has me as the actual opponent in all these Primaries.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:26:03 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:46 pm »

You appear to be catching on. They ALL are politicians, above all. I have advocated that realistic portrayal of them since before the primaries last year.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2017, 11:53:40 pm »

Oh for Pete's sake ... Good Grief!!!  For the umpteenth million time, Cruz met with Trump and Trump gave him a list of conservative justices and from that list he promised Cruz that he would nominate them to the bench.  Cruz afterwards stated that he was voting for Trump to ensure that a conservative was seated on the bench.  I know for a fact from the numerous scripted phone calls I made to various different states on behalf of Cruz the concern of seating conservatives justices was a priority of his.  He didn't bow down and kiss anybody's ring, he did what he felt was best for the country.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2017, 11:58:16 pm »
Oh for Pete's sake ... Good Grief!!!  For the umpteenth million time, Cruz met with Trump and Trump gave him a list of conservative justices and from that list he promised Cruz that he would nominate them to the bench.  Cruz afterwards stated that he was voting for Trump to ensure that a conservative was seated on the bench.  I know for a fact from the numerous scripted phone calls I made to various different states on behalf of Cruz the concern of seating conservatives justices was a priority of his.  He didn't bow down and kiss anybody's ring, he did what he felt was best for the country.

Sorry, but I don't buy that official story. 

I think Cruz was afraid Trump would ensure Cruz would not be re-elected.  So he groveled.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2017, 11:59:24 pm »

Listen lady. Cruz haters are just gonna hate. It's what they do. It's a waste of time to bother with them.....unless you want to wind them up and refer to Cruz as "Lyin' Ted". Then it's fun.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2017, 12:05:01 am »
Yeah. This is about a guy named BANNON. The article posted late last night about me talks about how I want to challenge every incumbent Republican INCLUDING Cruz. My plan also has me as the actual opponent in all these Primaries.

You can count on my vote.