Author Topic: AP: Praying the Rosary is “Islamophobic”  (Read 344 times)

rangerrebew

AP: Praying the Rosary is “Islamophobic”
« on: October 09, 2017, 04:05:30 pm »

October 9, 2017 10:27 am By Robert Spencer 12 Comments

This morning Christine Douglass-Williams brought you a report here at Jihad Watch on this Roman Catholic “Rosary to the Borders” event in Poland. Noteworthy also is how the Associated Press covered the event: “some felt,” the AP intoned, that the event “had anti-Muslim overtones.” Why? Because “the event also commemorated the huge 16th-century naval battle of Lepanto, when a Christian alliance acting on the wishes of the pope defeated Ottoman Empire forces on the Ionian Sea, ‘thus saving Europe from Islamization.’”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/10/ap-praying-the-rosary-is-islamophobic

rangerrebew

Re: AP: Praying the Rosary is “Islamophobic”
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:06:17 pm »
I guess the Pope, good Catholic he is, will have to call off the rosary business. :whistle:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:33:27 pm »
Is praying on a rug while facing Mecca five times daily "Christophobic"?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »

October 9, 2017 10:27 am By Robert Spencer 12 Comments

This morning Christine Douglass-Williams brought you a report here at Jihad Watch on this Roman Catholic “Rosary to the Borders” event in Poland. Noteworthy also is how the Associated Press covered the event: “some felt,” the AP intoned, that the event “had anti-Muslim overtones.” Why? Because “the event also commemorated the huge 16th-century naval battle of Lepanto, when a Christian alliance acting on the wishes of the pope defeated Ottoman Empire forces on the Ionian Sea, ‘thus saving Europe from Islamization.’”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/10/ap-praying-the-rosary-is-islamophobic

Thanks to our new curriculum for 6th graders, we are de-emphasizing Old Testament for New Testament. Quite a few of our students come from families returning to the church, so we're teaching them the rosary, as well as Catholic prayers in different languages. Last couple of weeks our opening prayer has been the Our Father in German.

I've told the RE office that I will continue to mix in Old Testament references, given the strong OT influence in our church: stained glass windows of prophets, transfiguration scene in the Nave, etc. Will also interject scenes from the life of St. Aloysius Gonzaga.

If that means I'm Islamaphobic, so be it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 05:27:39 pm »
So the AP engages in intolerant cultural imperialism by telling another nation and culture what is right and wrong. I thought that was bigotry.

Guess they already think we live in the globalist empire of their world government wet dreams.
The Republic is lost.