Author Topic: Trump: Tillerson could be 'a little bit tougher'  (Read 1805 times)

Offline corbe

Trump: Tillerson could be 'a little bit tougher'
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:06 am »

Trump: Tillerson could be 'a little bit tougher'
 By POLITICO STAFF
  | 10/07/2017 06:52 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Saturday said he'd like Secretary of State Rex Tillerson "to be a little bit tougher" at times but insisted the two have a solid relationship.

The comments, delivered to reporters as he headed to a fundraiser Saturday, come after Tillerson held an impromptu news conference earlier this week to rebut an NBC report that he was on the verge of resigning over the summer and that he had called Trump a "moron."

He did not explicitly deny having used the "moron" term, though a State Department spokeswoman later said he does not use that type of language.

<..snip..>

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/07/trump-tillerson-could-be-tougher-243566
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump: Tillerson could be 'a little bit tougher'
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:53:07 am »
   I just don't see this ending well for Tillerson, not that I ever liked the guy bigly but his upcoming book about his short tenure at State may make for good reading.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:59:34 am »
 :facepalm2:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 11:08:36 am »
What is Trump going to do when no one will take the job?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 11:15:22 am »
Doing everything they can to undermine this administration.  Trying to sow division and mistrust.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 11:31:27 am »
Doing everything they can to undermine this administration.  Trying to sow division and mistrust.

Trump is the one saying this to the press. Are you saying the press twisted his words???

Trump is the one undermining his own people/administration. No doubt the press will aid him but he's the one taking the rope. No one's making him say these things.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 11:35:01 am »

They create the problem and keep it going.  People seem to lap this up.   :shrug:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 11:44:32 am »
Trump is the one saying this to the press. Are you saying the press twisted his words???

Trump is the one undermining his own people/administration. No doubt the press will aid him but he's the one taking the rope. No one's making him say these things.

Actually Deep State is making him saying stuff like this.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 12:04:15 pm »

If you see the video it was an off hand comment.  Something he would say in a private conversation

Certainly he shouldn't have said it but the media is taking a molehill and making it a mountain.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 12:26:20 pm »
   I just don't see this ending well for

Feeling a little tingly  @corbe ?   :smokin:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 01:34:09 pm »
It's getting to the point where this President has thrown or is about to throw as many people under the proverbial bus as his predecessor.

And in less time too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »
If you see the video it was an off hand comment.  Something he would say in a private conversation

Certainly he shouldn't have said it but the media is taking a molehill and making it a mountain.

He should know better. Duh.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »

He doesn't and he won't change.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 11:25:02 pm »
It's getting to the point where this President has thrown or is about to throw as many people under the proverbial bus as his predecessor.

And in less time too.

Nothing but the best!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 11:26:54 pm »
Sounds like another reality show act.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 11:34:01 pm »
Sounds like another reality show act.

I can relate to that statement.  Feels like another reality show act.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 11:36:00 pm »
They create the problem and keep it going.  People seem to lap this up.   :shrug:

Yes, he does. I think he doesn't know how to manage without chaos and bluster and bumbling through.

And his fans love the drama rather than results.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:38:45 pm »
Yes, he does. I think he doesn't know how to manage without chaos and bluster and bumbling through.

22222frying pan yep.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 12:27:54 am »

Exactly.  Adults and good leaders know better.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 01:44:06 pm »
What is Trump going to do when no one will take the job?

Send out another tweet?   :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 01:46:21 pm »

Didn't he himself say that he creating chaos is how he likes to run his businesses?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.