Author Topic: Trump Backs Away from Promise to Move U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem (Breitbart)  (Read 1118 times)

Offline corbe

Trump Backs Away from Promise to Move U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem

by Joel B. Pollak8 Oct 20171,726

President Donald Trump told former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee in an interview broadcast on TBN Saturday that he would not move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem until he had tried to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
The statement marks a significant walk-back of Trump’s campaign promise in 2016 to relocate the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem “fairly quickly.”

In March 2016, in a speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a prominent pro-Israel lobby group, Trump committed to moving the embassy to Jerusalem, explaining that it would increase the chance of peace with the Palestinians:
But when the United States stands with Israel, the chances of peace really rise and rises exponentially. That’s what will happen when Donald Trump is president of the United States.
<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/10/08/trump-gives-palestinians-veto-u-s-embassy-move/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Crawfishing on yet another campaign promise.
At least he's spreading the disappointment around.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:42:21 am by KingsX »

Offline corbe

It's a negotiating tactic @KingsX  it was in chapter 6 of 'Art of the Deal', just hang in there for a bit longer, soon you will be sick of all the winning or do like some of us here (like me) do and just whine.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

It's a negotiating tactic @KingsX  it was in chapter 6 of 'Art of the Deal', just hang in there for a bit longer, soon you will be sick of all the winning or do like some of us here (like me) do and just whine.

I have my own unique personal take on Trump and his real agenda...
and from that unique perspective Trump is doing a masterful con job.

Sometimes I just have to sit back, marvel... and laugh like Nietzsche.

He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.

Nietzsche

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pretty soon someone is going to need back up lights and an audible alarm installed on their posterior.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nope never saw this one coming. /s
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What an idiotic and naive negotiation tactic.

"Come to the negotiation table or I will move the embassy to Jerusalem."

Israelis would love it, because it would recognize Jerusalem as the capital. Arabs would love it, because it would give them a rallying cry and they don't really want peace anyway.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

The President is not happy with the Israeli PM ... and his stalling on peace negotiations. 

Why would the President move the embassy and reward this duplicity?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-told-un-chief-netanyahu-a-bigger-problem-than-abbas-report/

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:32:39 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The President is not happy with the Israeli PM ... and his stalling on peace negotiations. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-told-un-chief-netanyahu-a-bigger-problem-than-abbas-report/

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RoosGirl

"In his meeting with Abbas two days later, Trump said, “We have a pretty good shot — maybe the best shot ever” at achieving peace in the entire Middle East."

Oh... :silly:

Offline goodwithagun

Is he backing away from it to dedicate more time to putting Crooked Hillary in jail, or is it to dedicate more time to building the wall?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

I'll trust Bibi over Trump any damn day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

Hahahahahaha........

Duplicity is having a two state solution in 1947, but deciding you'd rather have war in '48, '67, and '73 - lose all three, conduct multiple terror attacks over decades, have the destruction of Israel in your charter, and claim you want peace.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Hahahahahaha........

Duplicity is having a two state solution in 1947, but deciding you'd rather have war in '48, '67, and '73 - lose all three, conduct multiple terror attacks over decades, have the destruction of Israel in your charter, and claim you want peace.

Actually, the duplicity I was referring to was Netanyahu's word on ceasing the settlements and allowing peace talks to begin .... regionally including more than Israel, Palestine and the US. 

I remain of the opinion that our involvement at all is a waste of time, energy and money.  We should remain allies, but not roommates.  :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Actually, the duplicity I was referring to was Netanyahu's word on ceasing the settlements and allowing peace talks to begin .... regionally including more than Israel, Palestine and the US.

It's their land....they can build there if the want to.

And what about the millions of broken promises by the Palestinians?

Israel is the best friend we have in that region and uninformed people like you are happy to let Trump treat them like he treated the voters in this country.

Pathetic.

I remain of the opinion that our involvement at all is a waste of time, energy and money.  We should remain allies, but not roommates.  :shrug:

If you knew more about the region and why it's important to be "room mates" with Israel you wouldn't make such uninformed ignorant statements.

Offline edpc

Everything you mentioned is negated by history.  The West Bank is not occupied territory, it's conquered. The Arabs made a terrible choice and must live with the consequences.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Everything you mentioned is negated by history.  The West Bank is not occupied territory, it's conquered. The Arabs made a terrible choice and must live with the consequences.

In all candor @edpc ... this has become a real-life version of "Groundhog Day". 

Picking up where your post left off, the next scene in this drama is:  "Will Israel annex the conquered territory and give full and equal citizenship to the indigenous people on these conquered lands ... or will it create a sub-Israeli citizen"??

And then we move swiftly into the history of why the Jewish people deserve their own Jewish state that cannot be compromised or diluted.  This will be followed by whispers of apartheid and calls for boycotts of Israeli goods.

Which will bring us to the two state solution .... which cannot happen because the Palestinians teach their children to hate Jews and Israel will never give up Jerusalem.

And we're back to annexing the conquered territories .....

I support the President's philosophy on this:  "One and done".   Israel is no longer a start up nation in need of our protection.  Israel is fully capable of running its own affairs.  If the President feels compelled to give a peace agreement one more shot ... do it. 

But after this, it's enough.  We've done all we can do.

Offline edpc

In all candor @edpc ... this has become a real-life version of "Groundhog Day". 

Picking up where your post left off, the next scene in this drama is:  "Will Israel annex the conquered territory and give full and equal citizenship to the indigenous people on these conquered lands ... or will it create a sub-Israeli citizen"??

And then we move swiftly into the history of why the Jewish people deserve their own Jewish state that cannot be compromised or diluted.  This will be followed by whispers of apartheid and calls for boycotts of Israeli goods.

Which will bring us to the two state solution .... which cannot happen because the Palestinians teach their children to hate Jews and Israel will never give up Jerusalem.

And we're back to annexing the conquered territories .....

I support the President's philosophy on this:  "One and done".   Israel is no longer a start up nation in need of our protection.  Israel is fully capable of running its own affairs.  If the President feels compelled to give a peace agreement one more shot ... do it. 

But after this, it's enough.  We've done all we can do.

One thing I agree on is they're capable of defending themselves.  I have no problem with them being a defense client and buying our hardware and cooperating on projects like missile defense and cyber warfare.  If we cut them loose on 'free' foreign aid, I wouldn't object.

Oceander

Another day, another trump campaign promise shown to be the lie it always was.