Author Topic: D'Souza shuts down argument for gun control  (Read 608 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
D'Souza shuts down argument for gun control
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:47:11 pm »
Well stated.  Note that Johnson, Cornyn, Thume and Grahama are willing to sit down and discuss gun control.  In my mind ... there is absolutely NO discussion on gun control; gun control is not an option.

D'Souza shuts down argument for gun control

Republicans in Congress thinking about buckling on gun control should think twice. In this clip, Dinesh D'Souza joins Pete Hegseth and Dean Cain on "Fox & Friends" to discuss the Left's attempt to politicize the Las Vegas shooting and take advantage of a nation in crisis.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y6dCe14SO4
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: D'Souza shuts down argument for gun control
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 07:47:28 pm »
Good post, @libertybele.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:15:44 pm »
D'Souza da man!!!! 

I am so disappointed that Republicans could cave.  Of course there is not much logical use for "bump stock".  Banning will not stop violence.  If someone wants to obtain something there is always a market.  Citizens buy legally.  Psychopaths obtain the weapons regardless of law.  Do you think this millionaire could not have gotten anything he wanted?

All gun control does is ignite black market sales.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:16:20 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
D'Souza here, says the GOP should not work with Democrats but also says at 1:09, the "Republicans can pass sensible gun control regulation on their own"    :pondering:

Offline ColdSteelTalon

• Expanding humanity's carbon footprint since 1964!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 09:53:07 pm »
You go D'Souza!
Give not one inch to the left on all fronts.   :amen:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 01:39:41 am »
D'Souza da man!!!! 

I am so disappointed that Republicans could cave.  Of course there is not much logical use for "bump stock".  Banning will not stop violence.  If someone wants to obtain something there is always a market.  Citizens buy legally.  Psychopaths obtain the weapons regardless of law.  Do you think this millionaire could not have gotten anything he wanted?

All gun control does is ignite black market sales.
Well, there is the black market aspect, but what it really does in put some person in violation of Federal Law today for something they did or had yesterday.

Their actions don't have to change one whit, they don't have to suddenly give in to some diabolical urge, all that happens is someone, somewhere else, who never even heard of them, changed something on a piece of paper and they become a Felon over night (and, incidentally, with a felony firearms violation, unable to legally own a gun).

This isn't about stopping the criminal, and it won't. It is about creating criminals out of ordinary people who never have had intent to harm anyone who will just do the same thing they did yesterday, but will now get in deep >bleep< over it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 01:41:40 am »
D'Souza here, says the GOP should not work with Democrats but also says at 1:09, the "Republicans can pass sensible gun control regulation on their own"    :pondering:
Considering there is no reasonable gun control legislation not already on the books (denying them to violent felons and the insane is about it), that means this is a situation where it would actually be a good thing if the GOP in Congress did their usual: nothing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis