Author Topic: DANA WHITE: JASON ALDEAN SCORNED SHOOTING SURVIVORS AT UFC 216 ... FOR 'SNL'  (Read 1033 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Dana White is FURIOUS with Jason Aldean -- telling TMZ Sports the country singer's team lied to him about why he couldn't perform in front of Vegas shooting survivors and 1st responders at UFC 216.

White says he had reached out to Aldean's camp to sing the national anthem at UFC 216 in Vegas on Saturday night ... an event in which 15 survivors and hundreds of 1st responders were in the crowd.

White says Aldean's people turned down the offer -- saying he was shaken up from the shooting and might never perform live again.

White says he stressed that the survivors who would be attending UFC 216 were shot while watching Aldean perform and it would mean a lot to them ... and the city of Las Vegas. Still, he declined.

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/10/07/jason-aldean-dana-white-ufc-216-snl/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:12:41 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Well - it's TMZ and Dana White, so large heaping spoon of salt.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Dana White is a drama promoter for the UFC like Vince McMahon for the WWE. He will make up BS at the drop of a hat for the attention.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Aldean probably did tell him no, I wouldn't be surprised if his reason was he didn't want to perform in Vegas, but logcaly speaking, from a performer standpoint, SNL has about 100x the audience and 1000x the staying power over the UFC.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Dana White is a drama promoter for the UFC like Vince McMahon for the WWE. He will make up BS at the drop of a hat for the attention.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Aldean probably did tell him no, I wouldn't be surprised if his reason was he didn't want to perform in Vegas, but logcaly speaking, from a performer standpoint, SNL has about 100x the audience and 1000x the staying power over the UFC.
The difference is that McMahon is open about his act being an act.

White's on the same level as Mitch Mortaza of lingerie-football infamy: they speak BS and expect people to believe them, no matter how outlandish (kind of like a certain other personality we all know).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I use to watch her on Wheel of Fortune, I didn't know she was involved in the UFC.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I don't blame him.  Despicable of them to try and shame him.  Can you imagine getting up in front of all those people and try to perform?  Not make a statement but actually perform.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

My feelings, as well.  I wouldn't take it at face value from him.  If Aldean's people respond, White will just run with it for as long as he can to drum up publicity.  It's pathetic to use an event like that for attention.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't blame him.  Despicable of them to try and shame him.  Can you imagine getting up in front of all those people and try to perform?  Not make a statement but actually perform.

As noble as the venue and cause is, I can see Aldean shying away just due to the memories.  Way too soon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

As noble as the venue and cause is, I can see Aldean shying away just due to the memories.  Way too soon.

Ariana Grande did a benefit concert right after the Manchester bombing.  Hope she's not more of a man than Jason.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ariana Grande did a benefit concert right after the Manchester bombing.  Hope she's not more of a man than Jason.

One thing to remember, these artists often aren't in charge of their schedule. They have management and booking companies, usually that are associated with the big labels like BMG or Sony who call the shots. They tell the artists where to go, when to play, and how high to jump. I don't know much about Aldean (other than he is pop country, like Justin Beiber in a cowboy hat) but I doubt he runs under his own publishing label. He is just a face to sell a product.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

In any case, pretty despicable for UFC/ White to publicize that fact in light of this tragedy.

It's not like this guy is George Strait
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:42:40 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

More likely she was high or just doesn't care.  This is the girl who was licking donuts and saying she hated america.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.