Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 18930 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Corker's got no room to talk.

No he doesn't. It's a definite pot calling out the kettle moment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The tweets are bad enough.  Extremely unpresidential.  Very crass and are biting him in the @ss at every turn.

At what point are you finally embarrassed by his childish actions?

Why should I be embarrassed?  I didn't ask him to tweet and I don't want him to tweet.  It's hurting him and maybe our country.

But his tweeting will have to get much worse before it will make me choose the media and the liberals over Trump.

And, yes, HE IS NOT HILLARY and we'd be ten times worse off if she'd been elected.

Anyone who doesn't think that is an idiot.

But Trump's actions have not been that bad.  As long as his action's are okay, I will forego having a panic attack over his tweets.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I know how desperately important the President's tweets are ... but you might want to take a look at what else he just did:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,284951.0.html

Online corbe

Why should I be embarrassed?  I didn't ask him to tweet and I don't want him to tweet.  It's hurting him and maybe our country.

But his tweeting will have to get much worse before it will make me choose the media and the liberals over Trump.

And, yes, HE IS NOT HILLARY and we'd be ten times worse off if she'd been elected.

Anyone who doesn't think that is an idiot.

But Trump's actions have not been that bad.  As long as his action's are okay, I will forego having a panic attack over his tweets.

@Emjay

I have respectfully noted you dropped us 'NT'ers' from your always critical of Trump list and I'm suspicious but grateful.

:smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'

Don't hold back, Bob, tell us what you really think.

You're retirin' next year, right?

Hmmm... why not retire RIGHT NOW and enjoy it sooner...?  ;)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
    @Emjay

I have respectfully noted you dropped us 'NT'ers' from your always critical of Trump list and I'm suspicious but grateful.

:smokin:

Always a good idea to be suspicious, Corbe.  Who knows when I will turn on you?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So you want me to believe that a show that hos 1.7 million viewers on their best day compelled GOP Primary voters to make Donny their nominee. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that Cruz appears to be a fairly unlikable candidate with a stale vision and an unremarkable stage presence.

Cruz only came across that way to those looking for a slick operator.  Those who actually listened to him came away inspired.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So you want me to believe that a show that hos 1.7 million viewers on their best day compelled GOP Primary voters to make Donny their nominee. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that Cruz appears to be a fairly unlikable candidate with a stale vision and an unremarkable stage presence.

Oh, oh.  I'm afraid our budding friendship is about to be over.

Ted Cruz is the finest politician around today.  He even gives 'politician' a good name.  His stale vision is adhering to the constitution, being for small government and a flat tax plan, among other good things.

He has a great stage presence.  He talks in complete sentences and has a wonderful warmth and sense of humor. 

Offline Hoodat

What I am addressing are his comments on Trump and about those, I believe he’s 100% correct:  Trump has turned the White House into a daycare center with his incessant childish behavior.

If Trump keeps it up, he will eventually bring the White House in line with Congress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If Trump keeps it up, he will eventually bring the White House in line with Congress.

Even the NTers are saying it's pot calling kettle black.

Trump will keep it up.  It's been nine months now with no signs of slowing. 

There is no 'IF.'

Offline Concerned

I suspect he will keep it up and being “in line with Congress” certainly isn’t anything I think Trump should be aspiring to or anything that his supporters should be proud of. JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Meh...

Like it or not, the media hangs on EVERY word that's tweeted by the POTUS.   

Excuse the 'pun', but it's his "Ace of Trump" and he uses it when necessary.   And sometimes when it's not.    :smokin:

I like it, and hope he never stops it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Meh...

Like it or not, the media hangs on EVERY word that's tweeted by the POTUS.  ....

Apparently, so does everyone here.   :shrug:

Offline aligncare

Since someone mentioned it, if Ted Cruz was so clearly the superior candidate for conservatives to vote for, why did so many of them reject Cruz in favor of Donald Trump? I suggest Cruz’s principles were fine, it was his personality that primary voters rejected.

My guess is they saw in Ted Cruz too many potential general election weaknesses to overcome. I won’t go into specifics (NBC), but a failed candidacy would simply have been too consequential for republican voters to risk.

Offline Night Hides Not

Since someone mentioned it, if Ted Cruz was so clearly the superior candidate for conservatives to vote for, why did so many of them reject Cruz in favor of Donald Trump? I suggest Cruz’s principles were fine, it was his personality that primary voters rejected.

My guess is they saw in Ted Cruz too many potential general election weaknesses to overcome. I won’t go into specifics (NBC), but a failed candidacy would simply have been too consequential for republican voters to risk.

Not to mention the fact that Ted was the son of a man who participated in JFK's assassination with Oswald.   22222frying pan

What is so wearisome about Trump is his inability/disdain for elevating an issue on a higher plane. It's always attack and degrade those who disagree with him. 
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 
Bob Corker gave us the Iran Deal, & that's about it. We need HealthCare, we need Tax Cuts/Reform, we need people that can get the job done!

1:51 PM - 8 Oct 2017 
14,215 Retweets   60,444 Likes 

... What is so wearisome about Trump is his inability/disdain for elevating an issue on a higher plane. It's always attack and degrade those who disagree with him.

Perhaps what you find so wearisome is that so many voters agreed with him.   :pondering:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Perhaps what you find so wearisome is that so many voters agreed with him.   :pondering:

It IS distressing. 

It IS distressing.

I think this is what some folks around here are having such a hard time reconciling:  The voters rejected Cruz.

It happens.  Perhaps it's time to move on?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think this is what some folks around here are having such a hard time reconciling:  The voters rejected Cruz.

No, you've got your facts wrong.  The GOP rejected Cruz and pushed Trump. 

Offline Night Hides Not

I'll give you some credit, for not recently referring to Senator Cruz as "Lyin' Ted," unlike most of the foot soldiers in the Orange Brigade.

Trump was seen by the GOPe as the only antidote to Cruz...conservatives are persona non grata within the GOP.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:37:59 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

That would explain the temporary employment in the WH of Priebus and Spicer.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That would explain the temporary employment in the WH of Priebus and Spicer.

And, pretty much the only thing that would explain it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And the GOPTM has made it very clear they are not interested in the people anymore.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:45:16 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

And the GOPTM has made it very clear they are not interested in the people anymore.

As evidenced by all the stops pulled by McConnell in Thad Cochran's primary against Chris McDaniel, as well as the $30 million he poured into Alabama to defeat Roy Moore.

Mitch is the chief conductor on the Chamber of Commerce's "Low Wage Express" train.