Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 18832 times)

Offline Hoodat

he and other Republican senators might shoot down
the GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich.

There is no such thing as a tax on the rich.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Wow, just wow!  That is your best post yet.  You telling us it is OK for our President to be childish.

Thank you ... always appreciated.

I am simply saying that we know by now that Trump is childish.

We only know that because of Trump's inability to control his tweeting.

Otherwise, he is doing okay.

So, I choose to ignore his tweets because other things are more important and because he's the enemy of my enemy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

That scene always pops in my mind when I think about the Dems and the 2000 Florida recount.

"Turn those machines back on!"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

There is no such thing as a tax on the rich.

Besides the corporate tax rate going down from 35% to 20%, the GOP has
proposed three individual tax rates:

The highest tax rate for the highest incomes goes DOWN from 39.6 to 35 percent. 

The lowest tax rate for the lowest incomes goes UP from 10 to 12 percent.

That alone speaks volumes about the GOP tax cuts targeting the rich... but there
are other devilish details that I have already addressed on tax-related topics...
like the so-called "double" standard deduction which is not even close to double
and does not make up for extra standard deductions and personal exemptions
the GOP is eliminating that are important for lower income families and seniors.

Offline Hoodat

That alone speaks volumes about the GOP tax cuts targeting the rich...

Who pays more in income taxes?  A person with a net worth of $500 million who earns $100,000 in a given year?  Or a person living in his car who is $50,000 in debt who earns $100,000 in that same year?

Again, there is no tax on being rich.  It's bad enough hearing that crap from liberals.  Please don't repeat their lies here.  Thanks.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Corker is right, rump is an orange man child.

Online roamer_1

When it's convenient for him yes.  Otherwise not so much.

That's right... Lately his ACU annual rating has been around low 70's, dragging his lifetime to around 80%... Not Conservative unless it suits him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Thank you ... always appreciated.

I am simply saying that we know by now that Trump is childish.

We only know that because of Trump's inability to control his tweeting.

Otherwise, he is doing okay.

So, I choose to ignore his tweets because other things are more important and because he's the enemy of my enemy.

And everyone who agrees that it is OK to have a Childish President say  :amen:

No, it isn't important for our President to exhibit certain traits that identify them as strong leaders rather than childish ones?  That isn't important?  What is being portrayed to the rest of the world is childish behavior by the POTUS.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

That alone speaks volumes about the GOP tax cuts targeting the rich... but there
are other devilish details that I have already addressed on tax-related topics...
like the so-called "double" standard deduction which is not even close to double
and does not make up for extra standard deductions and personal exemptions
the GOP is eliminating that are important for lower income families and seniors.

These poor people you are worried about don't pay any effing taxes at all Jackson.....

Here is who is paying all the taxes.....

Offline Chosen Daughter

That scene always pops in my mind when I think about the Dems and the 2000 Florida recount.

"Turn those machines back on!"

Who could forget that!

Offline Hoodat

These poor people you are worried about don't pay any effing taxes at all Jackson.....

Everyone who earns income should be paying taxes.  Maybe then, someone making $20,000 a year will start to give a damn about government spending.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

Who pays more in income taxes?

The rich pay more [unless they have good tax consultants]
and the GOP is giving them their dream tax cut.... while telling
poor people to eat cake.  As I said,  it's a tax cut for the rich.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Everyone who earns income should be paying taxes.  Maybe then, someone making $20,000 a year will start to give a damn about government spending.

Everyone who earns is paying taxes; unless they are working under the table.  Like many illegals do.

Offline KingsX

I am talking about people who earn the lowest incomes. The GOP proposal INCREASES the lowest income tax rate from 10% to 12%.... while eliminating the extra standard deductions and personal exemptions that are important to lower income families and seniors.

But many posters here are like the GOP leaders who are proposing their tax cut for the rich... they think only the rich elite matter... and the rest of us can eat cake.  History repeating itself once again.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:02:41 pm by KingsX »

Offline Frank Cannon

Poor people GET money back when they file taxes. It's called the EIC. It's called welfare.

What exactly is there to "cut" for the poor's taxes you ******? They don't pay any.

And while I'm at it you *******, why do you thing the govt' needs so much money? We need more multi billion dollar handouts to unemployables?

$3.1 billion on vacation for federal employees placed on administrative leave

Just a few weeks ago, NR wrote about how DEA employees caught patronizing prostitutes were given bonuses rather than being fired, as if anyone needed more proof of how incredibly difficult it is to lose a government job. The GAO reports that five federal agencies alone spent $3.1 billion on workers placed on administrative leave in a two-year timespan. A lot of that cash — $775 million, to be exact — went to public employees banned from their desks for more than a month. (“Primarily,” Lankford’s waste book finds, “workers are placed on leave because they are under investigation for misconduct.”) Why work for the government when you can get paid not to?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427891/ten-most-ridiculous-ways-government-wastes-your-money-jillian-kay-melchior

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:40:00 pm by MOD4 »

Offline Frank Cannon

Everyone who earns is paying taxes; unless they are working under the table.  Like many illegals do.

Bullshit. Learn your tax code....

Search Results
Earned Income Credit (EIC) is a tax credit available to low income earners. In some cases the EIC can be greater than your total income tax bill, providing an income tax refund to families that may have little or no income tax withheld from their paychecks.

Offline Chosen Daughter

What gets me is that we should be happy that Americans are successful in business.  That would be thinking the American way.  But the rich whining all the time is getting tiring.  Be glad for what you have.  Praise God for His provision and recognize your blessings.  Of course the rich pay higher taxes.  They should.  If they didn't we all could not afford the pork in their bills.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:05:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Hoodat

A person making $14,500 a year has more disposable income (after EITC, food stamps, etc.) than someone making $54,000.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

What gets me is that we should be happy that Americans are successful in business.  That would be thinking the American way.  But the rich whining all the time is getting tiring.  Be glad for what you have.  Praise God for His provision and recognize your blessings.  Of course the rich pay higher taxes.  They should.  If they didn't we all could not afford the pork in your bills.

I am quite content to be exactly where God has planted me.  But it angers me to witness the bait and switch the GOP is trying to pull over on the American people.

The reason the GOP is so intent on eliminating personal exemptions that benefit lower income families and seniors... is because those exemptions are tied to inflation [tax credits are not] and phase out at high income levels... and by eliminating those personal exemptions,  the GOP frees up money to spend on tax cuts for the rich.

Offline Chosen Daughter

A person making $14,500 a year has more disposable income (after EITC, food stamps, etc.) than someone making $54,000.

I believe that.

Offline KingsX

What exactly is there to "cut" for the poor's taxes you ******? They don't pay any.

And while I'm at it you ******, why do you thing the govt' needs so much money?

How outspoken you are.

Ironically,   if GOP leaders stood up and said it exactly the way you do...
that they are only cutting taxes for high incomes because poor people are *****
and don't pay much taxes... then we would all know exactly where we stand
and let the chips fall where they may.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:47:11 pm by MOD4 »

Offline KingsX

Lots of single working parents earn $50,000... and thanks to the current head of household extra standard deduction and personal exemptions they save a lot in taxes.  But the GOP wants to eliminate the extra standard deductions and personal exemptions and replace them with $12,000 that does NOT make up for what will be taken away.]

Offline Concerned

Good for Corker for calling this out. The White House has seemed to be “an adult daycare center” since Trump took office. Of course, it’s not that surprising since he’s childish, immature, and impulsive. I hope more speak out.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline MOD4

Gentlemen, please.