Author Topic: 3 in custody after assault-style rifle found in vehicle leaving O'Hare  (Read 961 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
3 in custody after assault-style rifle found in vehicle leaving O'Hare
Matthew Hendrickson @ReportstheNews | email

Three people were taken into custody Saturday after a driver was pulled over as he left O’Hare International Airport and an assault-style rifle and handgun were found inside his vehicle.

A pressure cooker was also found during the traffic stop, which happened shortly after 8 a.m. as the vehicle exited O’Hare Airport, according to Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Continued at: https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/3-in-custody-after-rifle-handgun-found-in-vehicle-leaving-ohare/

All we need, another gun nut shooting a bunch of innocent people down.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 3 in custody after assault-style rifle found in vehicle leaving O'Hare
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:41:20 am »
The pressure cooker had food residue in it. That leaves a rifle and a handgun, which aren't uncommon fare in vehicles out this way. His rifle was in the trunk.

From the linked article:
Police said they don’t believe the pressure cooker was intended to be weaponized after finding food and grease remnants inside.

The driver of the vehicle, a 32-year-old man from Wisconsin, was being cooperative with officers and federal agents, police said. He said he was in Chicago to drop off a friend at the airport.

Police said they have concluded the man posed no threat to events in the city, but were working with prosecutors and seeking aggravated weapons charges in connection with the incident.

Take a brown paper bag. breathe into it and inhale the contents for a minute or so to get your pCO2 levels back to normal so you can stop hyperventilating.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kidd

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 06:26:39 am »
I hate the term "assault rifle"

All it means is that the rifle has some features that make it look really cool. A curved magazine vs. a straight magazine for example.
The adjective has nothing to do with what it will be used for (an assault?), or how it will be used, or even how well it will function.

There are thing that have been far deadlier that do not have the word "assault" added.
Assault fertilizer
Assault 747
Assault pressure cooker
Assault van

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:59:30 am »

All it means is that the rifle has some features that make it look really cool. A curved magazine vs. a straight magazine for example.
The adjective has nothing to do with what it will be used for (an assault?), or how it will be used, or even how well it will function.

There are thing that have been far deadlier that do not have the word "assault" added.
Assault fertilizer
Assault 747
Assault pressure cooker
Assault van

Ya gotta keep an eye on those pressure cooker nuts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 08:08:23 am »
Ya gotta keep an eye on those pressure cooker nuts.
According to the police report, that one had actually been used to cook food. Hoodathunkit?

Some poor schmuck wandered into Liberal Land with a whole two firearms half of the country finds, well, ordinary. The poor fool crossed some line on the map that makes cooking utensils and ordinary firearms into the epitomy of homicidal evil. It's like stepping through a portal into The Liberal Zone.....

(doo dee dee doo...doo dee dee doo...)

Even if his record is clean and he has a ccw in his home state (Wisconsin) there's a chance he'll do hard time and become a heinous Felon just because he drove over an imaginary line on a map.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 12:49:15 pm »
It was an AR-15. You know, "Assault Rifle"-15.  **nononono*

He was charged with a felony count of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon for carrying a loaded gun in the vehicle
Mere possession of the weapon is felony aggravated unlawful use of it. Yikes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 06:55:26 pm »
It was an AR-15. You know, "Assault Rifle"-15.  **nononono*
Mere possession of the weapon is felony aggravated unlawful use of it. Yikes.
I actually heard some talking head type refer to the AR as standing for "Assault Rifle".

Stupid should hurt. I can handle that, I have ear plugs. The racket (screaming in pain) would die down after a while.

The takeaway on that story is that gunowners need to know where the Liberal Zones start and not cross that line. It's a pity when the person's best defense against being some sort of diabolical monster is that they didn't get all the food bits out of the pressure cooker.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
I actually heard some talking head type refer to the AR as standing for "Assault Rifle".

Stupid should hurt. I can handle that, I have ear plugs. The racket (screaming in pain) would die down after a while.

The takeaway on that story is that gunowners need to know where the Liberal Zones start and not cross that line. It's a pity when the person's best defense against being some sort of diabolical monster is that they didn't get all the food bits out of the pressure cooker.

I'd be a bit embarrassed to have that said about my pressure cooker.  But...now that I know having a PC will get me thrown in the slammer, you bet I'll keep a certain level of filth in it!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:03:19 pm »
Meanwhile a handgun and assault rifle are possessed by most of Chicago's citizens to kill their neighbors.

Why aren't the police interested in those that actually do harm.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »
Meanwhile a handgun and assault rifle are possessed by most of Chicago's citizens to kill their neighbors.

Because it is so much easier to bag the unwary out of state people. Besides, they don't contest traffic tickets.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 02:17:14 pm »

Yeah, that was my first thought when I read the headline.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.