Author Topic: Democrats Intro Automatic Gun-Fire Prevention Act to Ban Gun Parts  (Read 6880 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Democrats Intro Automatic Gun-Fire Prevention Act to Ban Gun Parts
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 07:08:03 pm »
I don't want a gun owner to be able to easily buy something that turns his or her legal weapon into an automatic weapon.  This is because I still have not heard one rational reason why anyone needs an automatic weapon .... other than to quickly kill lots and lots of people. 

The underlying legal position beneath your emotional argument is necessarily removing semi-automatic weapons from the market, because ANY semi-auto, or at least the vast majority thereof, can be made full-auto with relative ease.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 07:13:25 pm »
Do you realize how many idiots are now wanting to convert their firearms too?

I literally and likely don't know anyone who is into guns that hasn't done so already.
It's a parlor trick, and not a serious mod.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:50 pm »
Do you realize how many idiots are now wanting to convert their firearms too?

No I haven't seen the stories on the explosion of bump stock sales.

Do you ahve any links?

If the sale of bump stocks is not regulated, then you'll see their sales explode.

So first you say many idiots are chomping at the bit to convert their rifles...then you talk about it in the future tense.

Which is it?  Are the sales of bump stocks exploding or do they have the potential to?

Do you really think ignoring the problem and doing nothing is the right approach to take?

Ignoring the problem is blaming the bump stocks and not the shooter for what happened in Las Vegas.

The ones ignoring the problem are the ones that think the answer is more government regulation or oversight that will do nothing in the long run to prevent another mass shooting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 07:16:33 pm »
Slide Fire has temporarily halted accepting new orders, as demand has spiked for the product after the Las Vegas massacre.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-are-bump-fire-stocks-illegal-feds-states-weigh-bans-after-las-vegas-shooting/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 07:19:13 pm »
I literally and likely don't know anyone who is into guns that hasn't done so already.
It's a parlor trick, and not a serious mod.

@roamer_1

The people pushing for this fluffy regulation crap don't realize that the Feds won't stop there.  Next 30 round magazines will be the problem.  Then the caliber of rifles sold.  Then guns having less than an (insert number here) pound trigger pull.  Then night sights...or the ability to fire single action.

Give Big Government types an inch and they'll take 10 miles.  Like I said earlier...before we know it we'll be limited to .22LR rifles and .380 pistols none of which will be able to fire 5 founds in double action with a 14 pound trigger.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 07:19:51 pm »
Slide Fire has temporarily halted accepting new orders, as demand has spiked for the product after the Las Vegas massacre.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-are-bump-fire-stocks-illegal-feds-states-weigh-bans-after-las-vegas-shooting/

Well would you look at that...they did that and Big Government wasn't required with new meaningless legislation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:49 pm »
Ok ban bump stocks...you'll just send the next mass shooter onto the internet to purchase this:

Full-Auto Conversion Of The SKS Rifle

https://www.amazon.com/Full-Auto-Conversion-Rifle-Powder-Burns/dp/0873647858/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507308304&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Full+Auto+Conversion+of+the+SKS+Rifle

or this:

AR15 Full Auto Legal Conversion, Almost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTuOfgOITUo

Now tell me again how banning or regulating bump stocks is going to prevent people from obtaining a fully auto rifle??

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 07:35:13 pm »

The people pushing for this fluffy regulation crap don't realize that the Feds won't stop there.  Next 30 round magazines will be the problem.  Then the caliber of rifles sold.  Then guns having less than an (insert number here) pound trigger pull.  Then night sights...or the ability to fire single action.

Give Big Government types an inch and they'll take 10 miles.  Like I said earlier...before we know it we'll be limited to .22LR rifles and .380 pistols none of which will be able to fire 5 founds in double action with a 14 pound trigger.

@txradioguy

Like I said above, the emotional response herein demonstrated can only rest with the banning of (or further manufacture of) semi-auto weapons altogether... Which has long been the target.

Limiting legal guns to bolt action (and dual action) will basically antiquate the 2nd Amendment.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 07:41:30 pm »

Limiting legal guns to bolt action (and dual action) will basically antiquate the 2nd Amendment.

That's what Libs are aiming for...in the interim.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 07:49:57 pm »
If automatic weapons are banned, it's going to be difficult to insist hardware turning a gun into an automatic weapon should remain legal.

Might want to develop a coherent argument for not banning bump stocks.

Because if you are going to do that, you have to ban rubber bands. People have been bump firing as long as semi-auto platforms have been available using just a rubber band (or practice in how you hold the firearm). 'Bump Stocks' are just a gimmick that reproduces the same effect people have been doing for decades.

If you are going to go so far as what is claimed this is supposed to do, the only way to do that is to ban semi-automatic rifles.  The bill says 'any device' that can reproduce this type of fire. Well, they can't ban rubber bands or just using a specific grip so that opens the door to the only thing you can ban that would solve it, banning semi-automatic rifles altogether.

Are you willing to do that?

Offline ABX

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 07:55:01 pm »
This is idiocy! I have said elsewhere, a bump stock can be made from a pencil and a rubber band! How the hell do you regulate that?

SO WHAT someone sells a plastic device that does the same.

Knowledge has to be regulated, which I would not be surprised is the next call. I found over 50 videos on YouTube just now showing how to 'bump fire' with just a rubber band. You can find instructions all over the internet.

Don't think for a moment that the government wouldn't try to ban knowledge. They have a pretty good track record of trying to do just that.

Offline ABX

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 07:58:53 pm »
This is because I still have not heard one rational reason why anyone needs an automatic weapon ....

Because our government supplies them to enemy countries, cartels, and rebels who would do us harm.

As long as our own government is supplying these same weapons, and far worse, to people in other countries around the world, who at any given moment would do us harm, then we as citizens should have every right to own the same weapons. If it is good enough for our government to give some goat herder in the Afghan mountains, then they have no case not allowing a citizen of this country to own one.

And, I'm sorry but it is in the very nature of Americans to seek to acquire and own that which authoritarian governments wish to ban. I have a whole collection of historically banned books and will probably buy a bump stock (actually tried the other day but Cabelas was out) solely for the fact that our government wants to ban us from owning them.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 08:13:19 pm »
Ok ban bump stocks...you'll just send the next mass shooter onto the internet to purchase this:

Full-Auto Conversion Of The SKS Rifle

https://www.amazon.com/Full-Auto-Conversion-Rifle-Powder-Burns/dp/0873647858/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507308304&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Full+Auto+Conversion+of+the+SKS+Rifle

or this:

AR15 Full Auto Legal Conversion, Almost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTuOfgOITUo

Now tell me again how banning or regulating bump stocks is going to prevent people from obtaining a fully auto rifle??

Its not.

I would just like to see the law enforced equally, even if it seems extreme.

Auto sears, NFA. Make bump stocks NFA.

Auto gloves outlawed. If the Po Po finds you with one, too bad for you.

Convert your semi to full auto with a rubber band and you're foolish enough to do it at a range where a cop sees you, well too bad for you.

I would really want to see this enforced to its ultimate conclusion.

Piss off enough people with its enforcement that, I know I'm dreaming now, that the 1934NFA and 1968GCA could be repealed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 08:41:39 pm »
Its not.

I would just like to see the law enforced equally, even if it seems extreme.

Auto sears, NFA. Make bump stocks NFA.

Auto gloves outlawed. If the Po Po finds you with one, too bad for you.

Convert your semi to full auto with a rubber band and you're foolish enough to do it at a range where a cop sees you, well too bad for you.

I would really want to see this enforced to its ultimate conclusion.

Piss off enough people with its enforcement that, I know I'm dreaming now, that the 1934NFA and 1968GCA could be repealed.

What shooting as of late to include Las Vegas would the intrusion by the Federal Government that you so eagerly support have prevented?

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 09:05:24 pm »
Knowledge has to be regulated, which I would not be surprised is the next call. I found over 50 videos on YouTube just now showing how to 'bump fire' with just a rubber band. You can find instructions all over the internet.

Don't think for a moment that the government wouldn't try to ban knowledge. They have a pretty good track record of trying to do just that.

Knowledge regulation:  YouTube removing 'bump stock' videos that show how to make guns fire faster after Las Vegas shooting

Google may not be the government (yet) but they're not above doing its bidding. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 09:15:21 pm »
Because if you are going to do that, you have to ban rubber bands. People have been bump firing as long as semi-auto platforms have been available using just a rubber band (or practice in how you hold the firearm). 'Bump Stocks' are just a gimmick that reproduces the same effect people have been doing for decades.

If you are going to go so far as what is claimed this is supposed to do, the only way to do that is to ban semi-automatic rifles.  The bill says 'any device' that can reproduce this type of fire. Well, they can't ban rubber bands or just using a specific grip so that opens the door to the only thing you can ban that would solve it, banning semi-automatic rifles altogether.

Why, in the name of God, are you helping people turn their rifles into automatic weapons?? 

Are you begging me @AbaraXas to jump on the "ban semi-automatic rifles bandwagon"?   You're being too clever by half.

Offline ABX

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 09:20:22 pm »
Why, in the name of God, are you helping people turn their rifles into automatic weapons?? 

Are you begging me @AbaraXas to jump on the "ban semi-automatic rifles bandwagon"?   You're being too clever by half.

LOL, I'm not helping anyone at all, the information is out there. That's like saying I'm helping people get fat by telling people there are forks out there you can use instead of chopsticks.

But since you are upset about it and seem to want information banned, here are the instructions to bump fire with a rubber band on a Ruger 10/22.

https://healthfully.com/bump-fire-ruger-1022-elastic-band-10069508.html

Offline ABX

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 09:22:20 pm »
Knowledge regulation:  YouTube removing 'bump stock' videos that show how to make guns fire faster after Las Vegas shooting

Google may not be the government (yet) but they're not above doing its bidding.

They are private, they can do what they want. But just like the information in The Anarchist Cookbook, the more it is attempted to be banned, the more people will acquire it.

Speaking of which, here is a link to The Anarchist Cookbook if anyone is interested.

http://bnrg.cs.berkeley.edu/~randy/Courses/CS39K.S13/anarchistcookbook2000.pdf

Offline ColdSteelTalon

• Expanding humanity's carbon footprint since 1964!
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 09:28:41 pm »
Ammoland By John Crump 10/5/2017

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who is no stranger to anti-gun legislation, has introduced a bill to close what she refers to as the “automatic weapon loophole.”

The Automatic Gun Fire Prevention Act would outlaw such devices as bump stocks, trigger cranks, binary, and any other instrument that would speed up the rate of fire for a semi-automatic rifle.

10,000's of owners of these devices would have 180 days to get rid of them or risk being in violation of the law. When reading through the text of the bill, there seems to be no grandfather clause.

Without a grandfather clause, it would make Americans choose between having their rights violated or risk being charged with a crime.

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/10/automatic-gun-fire-prevention-act/

We should not under any circumstance support any kind of a law such as this. We all know that the left's agenda is to eventually disarm the American people. This is an attempt to get something started in that direction. The Democrats are simply not to be trusted under any circumstance.
NO COMPROMISES

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 09:29:21 pm »

OMG you can't be serious.   :silly:

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 09:46:13 pm »
OMG you can't be serious.   :silly:

I am serious.  Deadly serious.  All of you proving how easy it is to turn a rifle into an automatic weapon are goading Congress to ban semi-automatic rifles.

This is a good place to stand down and hug your rifles, while you have them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 09:59:53 pm »
Nothing like a good discussion about guns and the second amendment to unmask the big government types amongst us.

Yes, seeing that.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 10:11:37 pm »
I am serious.  Deadly serious.  All of you proving how easy it is to turn a rifle into an automatic weapon are goading Congress to ban semi-automatic rifles.

Hate to break it to you in the midst of your histrionics...but these types of modifications have been widely known for several years.

And it's not like there aren't already strict rules governing the ownership of automatic weapons as it is.  Restrictions have been in place since the end of Prohibition and modified several times over the years since then.

You act like there aren't already laws in place. 

All you're doing is putting on display for everyone to see is your general lack of knowledge of firearms...the laws governing them and who can own what.

This is a good place to stand down and hug your rifles, while you have them.

Clearly we might need to bury them after we hug them because of your desire for Big Government to come in and add more unnecessary legislation that opens the door wider for confiscation.

Never had you pegged for a big government gun grabber.  But I'm glad the mask is off now.

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2017, 10:12:30 pm »
LOL, I'm not helping anyone at all, the information is out there. That's like saying I'm helping people get fat by telling people there are forks out there you can use instead of chopsticks.

But since you are upset about it and seem to want information banned, here are the instructions to bump fire with a rubber band on a Ruger 10/22. 

I don't want information banned @AbaraXas   I'm just wondering what you think you gain from promoting the information.

There was a massacre last week ... people of all stripes are looking for reasons to come for your guns.  I'm merely suggesting you stand down on pushing for bump stocks.  Hell, even the NRA knows this is a battle not worth fighting.

You keep your semi-automatic rifles and your rubber bands.  You lose nothing.  A smart soldier would know that and stand down.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 10:14:55 pm »
I don't want information banned @AbaraXas   I'm just wondering what you think you gain from promoting the information.

There was a massacre last week ... people of all stripes are looking for reasons to come for your guns.  I'm merely suggesting you stand down on pushing for bump stocks.  Hell, even the NRA knows this is a battle not worth fighting.

You keep your semi-automatic rifles and your rubber bands.  You lose nothing.  A smart soldier would know that and stand down.

Your posts are great; it's clear to see who is pro-2nd amendment, that's by how they voted. Not those talking about armed insurrection, who would have allowed our 2nd amendment to be endangered with others running the country.