Author Topic: Incredible drone images show border wall prototypes being built in the California desert as companies bid to fulfil Trump's great election pledge  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Incredible drone images show border wall prototypes being built in the California desert as companies bid to fulfil Trump's great election pledge
Daily Mail/UK. Oct 6, 2017

DailyMail.com has obtained drone photos that offer a birds-eye view of construction on Trump's new Mexican border wall.

The photos show laborers hard at work on eight different prototypes for the new border wall, which Trump hopes will more effectively keep would-be illegal immigrants from crossing into the U.S.

The prototypes are being constructed in the California desert, near San Diego. Construction began at the end of September, after being stalled three months when firms that didn't win contracts protested.

Reporters and photographers were invited by Customs and Border Patrol to visit the construction site this week, where crews already had large slabs of concrete poured.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4956204/Drone-photos-border-wall-built-California.html#ixzz4upPthYXM

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
But if they can just get over that wall, Jerry Brown has a home waiting for them.

Sanctuary State.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Incredible drone images show border wall prototypes being built in the California desert as companies bid to fulfil Trump's great election pledge
Daily Mail/UK. Oct 6, 2017

DailyMail.com has obtained drone photos that offer a birds-eye view of construction on Trump's new Mexican border wall.

The photos show laborers hard at work on eight different prototypes for the new border wall, which Trump hopes will more effectively keep would-be illegal immigrants from crossing into the U.S.

The prototypes are being constructed in the California desert, near San Diego. Construction began at the end of September, after being stalled three months when firms that didn't win contracts protested.

Reporters and photographers were invited by Customs and Border Patrol to visit the construction site this week, where crews already had large slabs of concrete poured.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4956204/Drone-photos-border-wall-built-California.html#ixzz4upPthYXM

Thanks for the pics.  This is certainly encouraging.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The samples look reasonably good, although I'd prefer to see them a little "thicker".
Whatever is built should be about 30 feet high -- not going to be easy to use an ordinary ladder on a barrier that high.
The overhanging spikes on top are a good touch.
Guard towers will be needed, as well.

Then again, as some in this forum will remind us:
"Just remember....walls don't work".

Who sez?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The samples look reasonably good, although I'd prefer to see them a little "thicker".
Whatever is built should be about 30 feet high -- not going to be easy to use an ordinary ladder on a barrier that high....

The wall must sustain a 30 minute attack using a wide range of "tools" and 30 feet is the preferred height.

@Fishrrman