Author Topic: Senate won’t confirm Trump’s Pentagon nominees until McCain gets Iraq and Afghanistan details  (Read 519 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Senate won’t confirm Trump’s Pentagon nominees until McCain gets Iraq and Afghanistan details
Defense News, Oct 4, 2017

WASHINGTON — Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain said Tuesday he is refusing to advance U.S. President Donald Trump’s nominees to the Pentagon until he is satisfied the administration is communicating its plans for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Outside a tense committee hearing on Afghanistan with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Joseph Dunford, McCain told Defense News that because the administration has not been open with Congress, “we’ve been holding nominations … from the Pentagon to fill in those Pentagon jobs.”

The disclosure came little more than a month after Trump announced a new strategy, criticized for its vagueness, that involves sending more U.S. troops as advisers to the Afghan military. The Department of Defense has acknowledged that it has 11,000 forces on the ground, more than the 8,500 previously reported, and that it plans to send an additional 3,000-plus.

More: https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2017/10/03/us-senate-wont-confirm-trumps-pentagon-nominees-until-mccain-gets-iraq-and-afghanistan-details/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hmmm... I guess McCain's friends in ISIS and the Taliban (aka: rebels) are getting a little desperate for up-to-date intel.

Offline libertybele

Hmmm... I guess McCain's friends in ISIS and the Taliban (aka: rebels) are getting a little desperate for up-to-date intel.

You'd think that they guy would be trying to make peace with his maker and spending more time with his family. He supposedly want peoples to remember his service to the military.  I will remember him as the person (and I'm being nice here) whom I couldn't vote for because he pandered to the left; in short I'll remember him as a despicable RINO!