Author Topic: The Great Hurricane Absence  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

The Great Hurricane Absence
« on: October 07, 2017, 12:00:34 pm »
October 7, 2017
The Great Hurricane Absence
By Steve Campbell

You will see story after story in the news about how hurricanes are stronger and more frequent. They will tell you that Harvey and Irma are the worst-ever storms and are unprecedented. They will scare up the looming threat of “Global Warming” as if it were a proven fact. They will say that Al Gore predicted this a decade ago in his movie An Inconvenient Truth (2006).

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/10/the_great_hurricane_absence.html#ixzz4up598w4f
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: The Great Hurricane Absence
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »
If you read the year by year description of Hurricane seasons at Wikipedia, you will be astonished.  There was a Cat 5 storm that hit in 1955 killing 417 and doing $88 million in damages.   I remember Audrey in 1977 because we were on vacation and got caught driving through part of it in Louisiana.  I have very vivid memories of trees flying overhead, roofs flying from buildings, live power wires on the road and the rain being driven through the closed windows and doors of our car.  We surely had a guardian angel that day.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.