Author Topic: Bergdahl expected to plead guilty, avoid trial  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bergdahl expected to plead guilty, avoid trial
« on: October 06, 2017, 03:12:06 pm »
APNewsBreak: Bergdahl expected to plead guilty, avoid trial

By josh lederman and lolita c. baldor, associated press

WASHINGTON — Oct 6, 2017, 10:58 AM ET

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was held captive by the Taliban for half a decade after abandoning his Afghanistan post, is expected to plead guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, two individuals with knowledge of the case said.

Bergdahl's decision to plead guilty rather than face trial marks another twist in an eight-year drama that caused the nation to wrestle with difficult questions of loyalty, negotiating with hostage takers and America's commitment not to leave its troops behind. President Donald Trump has called Bergdahl a "no-good traitor" who "should have been executed."

The decision by the 31-year-old Idaho native leaves open whether he will return to captivity for years — this time in a U.S. prison — or receive a lesser sentence that reflects the time the Taliban held him under brutal conditions. He says he had been caged, kept in darkness, beaten and chained to a bed.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/apnewsbreak-bergdahl-expected-plead-guilty-avoid-trial-50325246
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Bergdahl expected to plead guilty, avoid trial
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 03:28:05 pm »
I bet he does want to avoid a trial.  It would be hard to make him look worse, but that's exactly what would happen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:32:10 pm »
Meanwhile those Obama traded for this POS are still out there killing our young men and women!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 03:34:08 pm »
He should hang
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 03:46:40 pm »
Meanwhile those Obama traded for this POS are still out there killing our young men and women!

Susan Rice needs to be interviewed, to give her a chance to "revise and extend " her remarks.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.