Author Topic: San Diego hepatitis outbreak continues to grow: 481 cases  (Read 479 times)

rangerrebew

San Diego hepatitis outbreak continues to grow: 481 cases
« on: October 06, 2017, 11:36:28 am »
 San Diego hepatitis outbreak continues to grow: 481 cases

Proper hygiene — hand-washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds after using the bathroom — is sufficient to kill the virus, though alcohol-based hand sanitizer may not be effective.
Paul Sisson

Add 20 more cases and 22 more hospitalizations to San Diego County’s ever-growing hepatitis A outbreak.

Tuesday afternoon the county Health and Human Services Agency raised the number of the outbreak’s confirmed cases to 481 from 461 and hospitalizations to 337 from 315. The death count associated with the outbreak, which started in November 2016, remained at 17 for a second straight week.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-hepatitis-san-diego-20171004-story.html

Offline Suppressed

Re: San Diego hepatitis outbreak continues to grow: 481 cases
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 02:47:23 am »
though alcohol-based hand sanitizer may not be effective..

This is the case for many viruses, including for common cold.  Acid-based ones (e.g., lemon juice) work for many not knicked out by the alcohol ones.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn