Author Topic: Florida, Texas, and Louisiana brace for ANOTHER hurricane: Tropical Storm Nate to strengthen as it hits the Gulf Coast on Sunday  (Read 1860 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida, Texas, and Louisiana brace for ANOTHER hurricane: Tropical Storm Nate to strengthen as it hits the Gulf Coast on Sunday after lashing Central America and claiming 22 lives

United States is bracing for another devastating hurricane as Tropical Storm Nate batters Central America
    Nate is heading for the US Gulf Coast where it is expected to strike as a Category 1 hurricane late Friday
    Storm or hurricane watches have been issued from Louisiana east through Mississippi and Alabama

By Reuters and Afp

Published: 13:15 EDT, 5 October 2017 | Updated: 06:53 EDT, 6 October 2017

Florida, Texas, and Louisiana are bracing for another devastating hurricane as Tropical Storm Nate batters Central America.

At least 22 have died in Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Honduras as torrential rains uproot trees, knock out bridges and turn roads into rivers.

The storm is heading for the US Gulf Coast where it is expected to strike as a Category 1 hurricane on Sunday.

Storm or hurricane watches have been issued from Louisiana east through Mississippi and Alabama, with a state of emergency declared in 29 Florida counties, the US National Hurricane Center said.

A spokesman added: 'The threat of the impact is increasing, so folks along the northern Gulf Coast should be paying attention to this thing.'

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4952962/Tropical-Storm-Nate-pounds-Central-America-3-dead.html#ixzz4uic3HdNh
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:37:48 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Nope, we are not 'bracing' for it.  At least here in Tampa.    Even if it were to turn into Tampa it would just make for a rainy weekend.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I've been giving my son-in-law a hard time over there being a Tropical Storm bearing his name LOL!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This used to be called a normal hurricane season. The news media is banking on people forgetting, to hype it up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This used to be called a normal hurricane season. The news media is banking on people forgetting, to hype it up.

Yet another opportunity for them to send out reporters in slickers to stand out in the rain and observe that it's raining!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online dfwgator

I'm sure the Mayor of New Orleans is busy getting those T-Shirts printed as we speak.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm sure the Mayor of New Orleans is busy getting those T-Shirts printed as we speak.

Is the Mayor stocking a warehouse full of supplies to use as a backdrop for the Presser?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Last news report I saw,  the storm was headed straight for the center of Gulf oil production.
Even if the storm does not damage the oil rigs, production stops due to evacuation.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:00:19 pm by KingsX »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Last news report I saw,  the storm was headed straight for the center of Gulf oil production.
Even if the storm does not damage the oil rigs, production stops due to evacuation.

Hey!  Good to see you here @KingsX!  Cool avatar!

There will be some stoppage of production.  They are almost certainly going to shut down and abandon the off-shore rigs, I think it's SOP.  It's a good question how this will affect the refineries that were hit by Harvey.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Our gas prices are still high, I think from the last storm.  Hopefully this one won't disrupt things too much.  We're running about $2.45/gall right now.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

Nope, we are not 'bracing' for it.  At least here in Tampa.    Even if it were to turn into Tampa it would just make for a rainy weekend.

Looks like maybe the panhandle will get the storm, not Tampa. 

Our local forecasters in Western PA say we will get soaked with rain from Nate Monday and Tuesday.  We need the rain.  We're in a drought.

Offline RoosGirl

We had some areas of severe drought here going into the summer, but the whole state now is out of drought conditions.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump approves Louisiana emergency declaration ahead of Hurricane Nate
The Hill, Oct 7, 2017

President Trump has approved an emergency declaration for Louisiana as officials prepare for Hurricane Nate, the White House announced Saturday.

Trump issued the declaration Friday, allowing federal assistance to supplement state and local efforts. The order allows the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to coordinate all disaster relief work.

Nate strengthened to a Category 1 storm heading into Saturday, and was about 245 miles southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River with maximum sustained winds of 85 miles per hour Saturday morning, according to the National Hurricane Center.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/354359-trump-approves-louisiana-emergency-declaration-ahead-of-hurricane

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The NE side of the storm generally gets the worst of the wind and surge.  Looks like that'll be portions of the Redneck Riviera.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

"Trump approves Louisiana emergency declaration ahead of Hurricane Nate" 

All well and good, but are people going to just sit around waiting for the gubmint to rescue them as they did during Katrina?

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Ironcally,  the Saudi king is leaving Moscow today [which happens to be Putin's birthday] after an historic visit.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/05/news/economy/saudi-king-in-russia/index.html