Author Topic: Trump plans to declare that Iran nuclear deal is not in the national interest  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Anne Gearan October 5 at 2:35 PM

President Trump plans to announce next week that he will “decertify” the international nuclear deal with Iran, saying it is not in the national interest of the United States and kicking the issue to a reluctant Congress, people briefed on an emerging White House strategy for Iran said Thursday.

The move would mark the first step in a process that could eventually result in the resumption of U.S. sanctions against Iran, which would blow up a deal limiting Iran’s nuclear activities that the country reached in 2015 with the U.S. and five other nations.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-plans-to-declare-that-iran-nuclear-deal-is-not-in-the-national-interest/2017/10/05/825c916e-a9e3-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html?utm_term=.e15f941e4f71
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What the hell is he waiting for?  Should have been done on day one IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Will we get the pallets of cash back that we paid??

As an aside, I believe his best course of action was to present the exact Iran deal to the Senate to allow them to vote on it as a treaty should be properly done.

This would have exposed the 'deal' for what it was, and the Senate would have overwhelmingly rejected it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump to announce he will 'decertify' Iran nuclear deal – reports
Independent/UK, Oct 5, 2017

<snip>

Decertification itself would not break the US's agreement with Iran. It would start the clock on a 60-day congressional review period, during which legislators would have to decide whether to reimpose sanctions. If they decide to do so, they would effectively dismantle the deal. 

Republican members of Congress were unanimously opposed to the agreement in 2015, but they have wavered since then on whether Mr Trump should enforce it.

<snip>

In his first speech to the United Nations General Assembly last month, Mr Trump promised to revisit the deal, saying the US “cannot abide by an agreement if it provides cover for the eventual construction of a nuclear programme.”

Mr Trump’s criticism of the deal has put him at odds with other world leaders, including the UK's Prime Minister Theresa May, who has called the agreement “vital”, and France’s President Emmanuel Macron.

More: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-iran-deal-nuclear-decertify-announcement-when-date-latest-news-a7985581.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Would Iran have to return our billions?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Right in Virginia asks:
"Would Iran have to return our billions?"

The billions ain't comin' back.
I'm thinkin' that more than a sprinkling got "kicked back" to the obamas, but that transaction is "buried deep".

But the fact that Trump is willing to tear this "agreement" up is but one more feather in his cap.

Who here would NOT like to see him do so?