Author Topic: Saints Coach Sean Payton: More Americans Killed by Guns Than From All U.S. Wars Combined  (Read 1000 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by AWR Hawkins3 Oct 2017

Ever since the tragic shooting in Las Vegas Sunday night, legions of celebrities who have very little knowledge of guns, criminal psychology, mental disorders, or any helpful information have taken to Twitter or gone on television to offer their “solutions” to the problem of mass shootings in America.

The latest such incident of ill-informed advice, in the sports world, comes from New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.

On Tuesday, Payton responded to the heinous Las Vegas attack by tweeting claims that, since 1968, more Americans have been killed by guns than have been killed on all battlefields throughout the whole of the American experience.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/03/new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton-more-americans-dead-from-guns-than-battlefields/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
As a Saints fan.....

Coach you need to focus on your porous defense of the past 3 years, rather than commenting on guns.

BTW, Brees ain't getting any younger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Stuck on stupid.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

"I'm incompetent and stupid and love to demonstrate that on Twitter."

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

"I'm incompetent and stupid and love to demonstrate that on Twitter."

As a Saints fan,I have to say he is a decent coach and has a SB ring to show for it. 

Politics wise ....  you are right ....    he is incompetent and stupid
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Those inanimate objects are deciding to kill people?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hurricane Andrew

Well, technically if he included all those killed on the battlefield with guns in the total number killed with guns...

Yeah, that he gives him way too much credit.
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Well, technically if he included all those killed on the battlefield with guns in the total number killed with guns...

Yeah, that he gives him way too much credit.

Most people killed by firearms are suicides (over 66%). 
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
That's right, I heard I think Rush saying that. Most gun deaths are suicides.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The stats are very clear.   The suicide rate does not fall when guns are banned.  The crime rate goes up.  Yes gun crime will go down, not as much as you would expect, but violent crime goes up a lot.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LMAO

Most people killed by firearms are suicides (over 66%).

I find that with most people like this coach, once a narrative is adopted and entrenched, facts won't penetrate their mind
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ConservativeGranny

He probably got it from this news story. This will be parroted by liberals everywhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/more-killed-by-guns-since-1968-than-in-all-us-wars/ar-AAsUIda?li=BBnb7Kz