Author Topic: Could Skipping Breakfast Feed Heart Disease?  (Read 606 times)

rangerrebew

Could Skipping Breakfast Feed Heart Disease?
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:09:29 am »

Could Skipping Breakfast Feed Heart Disease?

Forgoing morning meal may reduce cardiac health and boost odds for diabetes, study suggests

By Amy Norton

MONDAY, Oct. 2, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- Middle-aged adults who routinely skip breakfast are more likely to have clogged heart arteries than those who enjoy a big morning meal, a new study finds.

The findings are the latest to link breakfast to better heart health.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20171002/could-skipping-breakfast-feed-heart-disease#1

Online DB

Re: Could Skipping Breakfast Feed Heart Disease?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:28:13 am »
Hmmm...

Define "skipping breakfast". How many hours have to go by before it is considering skipping breakfast? I usually wait at least an hour and probably 2 hours before I eat when I get up. I eat lunch foods for breakfast, I don't like traditional "breakfast" foods that are high in carbs and prefer meats/protein.

And I'm up to 4 stints... My HDL ("good" cholesterol) is half what is considered the minimum normal value which seems to be the primary source of my heart problems... Low HDL isn't normally affected very much by diet.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:52:48 pm »
I routinely skipped breakfast when I was working, I'd be up and out the door by 4 AM and if I ate anything that early I would become physically ill, and then once I started working I wasn't hungry and just worked through to lunch. Somehow I don't think that was what caused my hypertension.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:32:11 am »
Well, I've eaten breakfast all my life and still got heart disease and diabetes.  So much for this study.    LOL