General Category > Music Threads

Country Classics

<< < (2/17) > >>

Smokin Joe:
bkmk

TomSea:
Who's gonna fill their Shoes? - George Jones
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I'll go with the possum.  Looks like no one. At least, on a level that these people were at. Make no mistake, some people record very authentic type of country music they just aren't as well known. We probably won't see that.

corbe:
   Updated Country Classic.

Neil Young - Four Strong Winds

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

TomSea:
4 Strong Winds was written by Ian Tyson of Ian and Sylvia, they certainly came up with some good songs (Someday Soon), they were somewhat ahead of their time, sort of country-rock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_and_Sylvia

Miller's Cave - Charlie Pride
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

A lot of this I heard off the all-night trucking stations so that's probably why I'm partial to a number of songs, others have confirmed it... "Miller's Cave" was recorded by Don Williams, Bobby Bare, Hank Snow, Gram Parsons... I like Charlie Pride's version.  "Miller's Cave" almost seems like an allegory, there may be a physical place where it exists but, in a way, it seems like a mental state as well.. I can hear it that way, "they'll never find me because I'm lost in Miller's cave", Jack Clement wrote it, Clement also wrote for example, "Ballad of a teenage queen"... lost of people plied their songwriting talents.

TomSea:
A bit of more recent music today.
Navy Blue Grass - I Would Walk 500 Miles
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
This song was released in the early '90s originally by the Scottish band (twins?), the Proclaimers, it was basically a new wave song.

Michael Cleveland - Sunday Drive
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version