Author Topic: Fan fury as three Kansas City Chiefs players sit or kneel during the national anthem hours after 59 Americans died in Las Vegas massacre  (Read 700 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fan fury as three Kansas City Chiefs players sit or kneel during the national anthem hours after 59 Americans died in Las Vegas massacre

Marcus Peters, Chiefs cornerback, was the only seated player shown on TV
    But Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston knelt while Ukeme Eligwe sat on bench
    Some fans expressed ire at decision to sit on day of mourning with flag half-staff
    ESPN had not planned to air the national anthem before Monday Night Football
    But reversed course in the wake of shooting massacre in Las Vegas late Sunday
    All of the Washington Redskins team remained standing for anthem on Monday

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:20 EDT, 2 October 2017 | Updated: 08:18 EDT, 3 October 2017

Two other Chiefs players not show on the broadcast did not stand, Chiefs linebackers Justin Houston (left) and Ukeme Eligwe (right). Houston hunched with his back to the flag and his head on the bench in an apparent posture of prayer, while Eligwe sat casually on the bench

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4942970/Three-Kansas-City-Chiefs-players-not-stand-anthem.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mom MD

God is still in control

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fan fury as three Kansas City Chiefs players sit or kneel during the national anthem hours after 59 Americans died in Las Vegas massacre

Marcus Peters, Chiefs cornerback, was the only seated player shown on TV
    But Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston knelt while Ukeme Eligwe sat on bench
    Some fans expressed ire at decision to sit on day of mourning with flag half-staff
    ESPN had not planned to air the national anthem before Monday Night Football
    But reversed course in the wake of shooting massacre in Las Vegas late Sunday
    All of the Washington Redskins team remained standing for anthem on Monday

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:20 EDT, 2 October 2017 | Updated: 08:18 EDT, 3 October 2017

Two other Chiefs players not show on the broadcast did not stand, Chiefs linebackers Justin Houston (left) and Ukeme Eligwe (right). Houston hunched with his back to the flag and his head on the bench in an apparent posture of prayer, while Eligwe sat casually on the bench

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4942970/Three-Kansas-City-Chiefs-players-not-stand-anthem.html

Stupid SOBs.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Stupid SOBs.
A responsible owner would reject them by enforcing the conduct clause of the player's contract.

The NFL and owners are cowering to the players, who deserve nothing but disgust.

The 9o% of players who respect our country could do something but are choosing not to.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

I'm over even paying attention to these players,   just walk away from the NFL.

Offline goatprairie

I'm over even paying attention to these players,   just walk away from the NFL.
"I'm over even paying attention to these players,   just walk away from the NFL."

Yes.  I watched almost every Packer game last year. Even the wife, who hates most sports, got excited and watched the games.
No more.  Screw 'em.   9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:27:25 pm by goatprairie »