Author Topic: Televangelist Pat Robertson: Vegas Attack Is Due To People’s 'Disrespect' of Trump, National Anthem  (Read 561 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't even.......  Time to put grandpa in a home...

Televangelist Pat Robertson claimed Monday that the Las Vegas attack is connected to people disrespecting the country and President Donald Trump. The 700 Club anchor said that “violence in the streets” is happening because “we have disrespect for authority; there is profound disrespect for our president, all across this nation they say terrible things about him......

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pat-robertson-vegas-attack-peoples-disrespect-of-trump-national-anthem

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Pat, God Bless ya but go back to your house and sit down.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LMAO

Barry Goldwater once said something to the effect that he'd like to give these televangelist a kick in the rear end.

One of the many reasons I like Barry Goldwater
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:09:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Rivergirl

Most of these stooges are following instructions from the head nutjob.   Pay them no mind as we have heard it all from the folks on Faux News.

Offline musiclady

I didn't even respect him when he wasn't senile.....   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goatprairie

"I didn't even respect him when he wasn't senile.."
  :thumbsup:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Yep.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Many people get their ideas about the Christian Right, from what they see on television.

Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, lavish lifestyles, jets, mansions. And lots of makeup.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If Trump had not been specifically mentioned and Robertson had just said some of our institutions are being disrespected; people would not have as many problems with this statement, it's the Daily Beast and at that, it seems the part about Trump was excerpted. The statement by Robertson goes on:
“There is disrespect now for our national anthem, disrespect for our veterans, disrespect for the institutions of our government, disrespect for the court system. All the way up and down the line, disrespect.”

Is that so controversial? Do people really disagree with that?

Mass shootings have been studied, mass killings have happened, that one in Bath Michigan I believe but starting with the Texas Tower, I believe there is a clear uptick in these kinds of incidences. They just did not start to become more common for no reason at all.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:06:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

:nometalk:

Offline TomSea

Most of these stooges are following instructions from the head nutjob.   Pay them no mind as we have heard it all from the folks on Faux News.

Ever criticize liberals?  :silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If Trump had not been specifically mentioned and Robertson had just said some of our institutions are being disrespected; people would not have as many problems with this statement, it's the Daily Beast and at that, it seems the part about Trump was excerpted. The statement by Robertson goes on:
Is that so controversial? Do people really disagree with that?

Mass shootings have been studied, mass killings have happened, that one in Bath Michigan I believe but starting with the Texas Tower, I believe there is a clear uptick in these kinds of incidences. They just did not start to become more common for no reason at all.

It isn't about Trump, it is about the typical Pat Robertson blaming all problems or tragedies on the whatever social issue is in the headline of the day. When gay marriage was an issue, he blamed hurricanes on that. He has blamed hurricanes in the past on how people behave during spring break in Florida, he blames shootings on video games (if that happens to be the headline of the day).

It is the exact same crap the left pulls. It is always a fault with society, some sort of twist on social justice- that always supersedes the actual guilty party- the person who took the action.

This kind of stuff is the 'right's' version of Social Justice.   'If only society were XX, we wouldn't have XX tragedy' or 'we must change XX behavior in society to stop unrelated XX tragedy from happening.'

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:17:02 pm by AbaraXas »

Silver Pines

It isn't about Trump, it is about the typical Pat Robertson blaming all problems or tragedies on the whatever social issue is in the headline of the day. When gay marriage was an issue, he blamed hurricanes on that. He has blamed hurricanes in the past on how people behave during spring break in Florida, he blames shootings on video games (if that happens to be the headline of the day).

It is the exact same crap the left pulls. It is always a fault with society, some sort of twist on social justice- that always supersedes the actual guilty party- the person who took the action.

This kind of stuff is the 'right's' version of Social Justice.   'If only society were XX, we wouldn't have XX tragedy' or 'we must change XX behavior in society to stop unrelated XX tragedy from happening.'

@AbaraXas

This is the man who blamed a tornado outbreak on people not praying enough.

He also advised a man whose wife had Alzheimer's to divorce her and start all over again, since she wouldn't realize it.