Author Topic: Kimmel breaks down discussing gun control after Las Vegas shooting [blames Repubs]  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How did this guy get a job in light night comedy?  He is a disaster.  Nobody wants to hear this crap at midnight.

I don't think ratings matter that late @ night.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't think ratings matter that late @ night.
They matter, but not as much. Selling commercials and filling air time are the major priorities at that time of night.

You have Jimmy Fallon, who is bland and tries too hard to be hip.

You have Stephen Colbert, who's liberal to be sure but has flashes of brilliance.

You have Kimmel, for whom every move is calculated. Everything he does is to gain eyeballs, and I suspect this is no exception.

Then you have the foreign America-bashers on cable like Samantha Bee, John Oliver, Trevor Noah, etc. who simply think they're better than their audience.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Guy Benson called Kimmel "our new secular pope."  It has a ring to it!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Zman516

Kimmel breaks down discussing gun control after Las Vegas shooting
By Avery Anapol - 10/03/17 07:51 AM EDT

Kimmel, who is from Las Vegas, noted that Stephen Paddock, the suspected gunman, obtained his arsenal of semi-automatic weapons legally, and passed a government-mandated background check when purchasing them.

Let's examine what would happen if the ultimate Leftist gun-control "wet dream" were to be enacted, i.e., not only the elimination of the 2nd Amendment, but the total confiscation and destruction of ALL guns, as well as the shutting down of all gun manufacturers and ban on gun imports.  "Gun Show Loopholes" would no longer matter because there is no longer Gun Shows. Background checks are no longer needed because there are no longer gun sales.

First, of all law-abiding gun owners, probably half would refuse to turn over their guns.  This would cause many confrontations between authorities and gun owners.  Blood would be shed on both sides.  Other gun owners would hide their guns or sell them to the newly-created and burgeoning Black Market that would quickly spring up.

Second, the criminal element would, of course, ignore the law as usual and hoard all the guns they could get their hands on for Black Market sales and use for their own criminal activities.

Third, in the now "gun-free" USA,  any Jihadist or other evildoer can buy whatever gun they want from the Black Market and proceed with their dirty work without fear of being stopped.

Fourth,  All the bodyguards of all the celebrity and politician fools now must count on knives, Taser,  mace or "non-lethal" weapons to protect their clientele.

Fifth,  the now-Totalitarian Government has you at their mercy, because, of course, they still have their guns.

Truth is the new hate-speech.

Offline cato potatoe

"I'm not going to get deep into again tonight. I said what I had to say last night," Kimmel said. "But I do want to say something to these nuts who spent most of the day today on television and online attacking those of us who think we need to do something about the fact that 59 innocent people were killed."

"They say it's inappropriate to be talking about it because it's 'too soon.' Well, maybe it's too soon for you, because maybe deep down inside your heart, you know you bear some responsibility for the fact that almost anyone can get any weapon they want, and now you want to cover yourself until the storm of outrage passes and you can go back to your dirty business as usual," Kimmel said to supporters of the Second Amendment.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/10/04/kimmel_to_nuts_against_gun_control_remarks_in_your_heart_you_know_you_bear_some_responsibility.html

What an ass.

Online mountaineer

you know you bear some responsibility for the fact that almost anyone can get any weapon they want
Aw geez, I'm so tired of being blamed for other peoples' bad acts. Maybe we should just throw Jimmy in the pokey for something someone else did.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Aw geez, I'm so tired of being blamed for other peoples' bad acts. Maybe we should just throw Jimmy in the pokey for something someone else did.

As a former co-host of The Man Show, does he bear any responsibility for all the current rampant misogyny the press is always talking about?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

I haven’t watched late night television since early Leno. But what I know is people don’t tune in for audience lectures. If he doesn’t pull back to the roots of late night variety comedy and lighten the mood, his show will shortly be finished. These late-night spots are big money makers and the networks won’t stand for audience dropping out.

Online goatprairie

We have reached a new era in tv where talk show hosts assume they are the guiding lights on the nation's morals.  It's not true that the older talk show hosts avoided politics.  All of them used politics as fodder for jokes.
 Carson especially started nailing Carter on a regular basis intimating his incredible incompetence.
 However, Carson never used his show as a stage to lecture the country like Kimmel and these other jerks are now doing. There is where the big change has come. Kimmel is now exhibiting severe signs of David Letterman Syndrome where a tv late night babbler really believes he's the nation's conscience.

Online mountaineer

Kimmel is now exhibiting severe signs of David Letterman Syndrome where a tv late night babbler really believes he's the nation's conscience.
Not just talk show hosts - actors, singers, athletes all seem to think they know more than the rest of us mere mortals, even though most of them are uneducated and/or functionally illiterate. Seriously, Keith Olbermann and LeBron James have the gall to lecture America on anything?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Not just talk show hosts - actors, singers, athletes all seem to think they know more than the rest of us mere mortals, even though most of them are uneducated and/or functionally illiterate. Seriously, Keith Olbermann and LeBron James have the gall to lecture America on anything?
I am a country music fan, love going to Willie Nelson concerts. He is a raging liberal. But you would never know it during his concerts. He never says a word, comes out sings his songs, lets his band play for a bit, sings some more and then leaves. Same thing with Trace Adkins, he is a ultra conservative. Just sings his songs.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online goatprairie

James net worth is in the neighborhood of 400 million dollars according to the latest estimate, and by the time he retires could total close to a billion.
But yet because some idiot (or hoaxster, hasn't been determined yet) painted a racist sign on his home, life here in the U.S. is just awful, terrible, full of nasty white racists.
None of those liberal mouthbreathers are aware of how fortunate they are to live in the U.S.