Author Topic: Evidence suggests life on Earth started after meteorites splashed into warm little ponds  (Read 407 times)

rangerrebew

Evidence suggests life on Earth started after meteorites splashed into warm little ponds
October 2, 2017

Life on Earth began somewhere between 3.7 and 4.5 billion years ago, after meteorites splashed down and leached essential elements into warm little ponds, say scientists at McMaster University and the Max Planck Institute in Germany. Their calculations suggest that wet and dry cycles bonded basic molecular building blocks in the ponds' nutrient-rich broth into self-replicating RNA molecules that constituted the first genetic code for life on the planet.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-10-evidence-life-earth-meteorites-splashed.html#jCp

Offline andy58-in-nh

Strange rocks lying in ponds is no basis for a system of evolution.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I thought it was lightning?

9999hair out0000
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.