Author Topic: Grass-fed cows won’t save the climate, report finds  (Read 537 times)

rangerrebew

Grass-fed cows won’t save the climate, report finds
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:11:04 pm »

Grass-fed cows won’t save the climate, report finds

By Jacquelyn TurnerOct. 2, 2017 , 9:00 PM

If you thought eating only “grass-fed” hamburgers could absolve you from climate change guilt, think again. There’s a lack of evidence that livestock (such as cattle, sheep, and goats) dining on grassland has a lower carbon footprint than that fed on grains, as some environmentalists and “pro-pastoralists” claim, according to a new report by the Food Climate Research Network, a group of independent scientists based at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/grass-fed-cows-won-t-save-climate-report-finds

rangerrebew

Re: Grass-fed cows won’t save the climate, report finds
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »
However, bullsh*t fed humans will, I'm sure. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »
I didn't realize it was carbon-virtuous.  I just like the way it tastes.  That, and I like the idea of cows out doing what God intended them to do until they appear on my plate.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:40:05 pm »
However we need more research.   I'll have the Porterhouse please.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 01:53:13 pm »
I didn't realize it was carbon-virtuous.  I just like the way it tastes.  That, and I like the idea of cows out doing what God intended them to do until they appear on my plate.

I didin't either.  I thought it was about not eating cows pumped full of growth hormone and antibiotics from being on nasty feed lots and eating meat from animals that are healthy from spending their lives doing what they were supposed to do; grazing on pasture and not corn mixed with soy and other crap.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 03:00:33 pm »
Grass fed cows are ok, but I prefer the ones fattened up with corn in the feedyards.

Lots better marbling.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington