Author Topic: Democrat postpones effort to impeach Trump after Las Vegas shooting  (Read 489 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat postpones effort to impeach Trump after Las Vegas shooting
by Al Weaver | Oct 2, 2017, 2:43 PM

Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, announced Monday that he will postpone his push to impeach President Trump after the shooting in Las Vegas that killed 58 and wounded more than 500 people Sunday night.

Green planned originally to move his articles of impeachment on the House floor this week, but announced on the floor Monday afternoon that he would not because of the tragedy.

"Mr. Speaker, there is a right time for all things. This is a time for our nation to mourn and for hearts to heal. Mr. Speaker, I announce that impeachment is postponed," Green said.

"Let us mourn. Let us heal," Green said.

It's unlikely the Republican-led House would vote to impeach Trump, which most likely makes Green's effort a symbolic effort to oppose Trump.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrat-postpones-effort-to-impeach-trump-after-las-vegas-shooting/article/2636291
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Democrat postpones effort to impeach Trump after Las Vegas shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:32:15 pm »
How about he postpone his effort to never?

What a waste this congress is!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Democrat postpones effort to impeach Trump after Las Vegas shooting
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:01:35 pm »
What is his basis for impeachment?  What crime has Trump committed?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.