Author Topic: White House and Equifax Agree: Social Security Numbers Should Go  (Read 1158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tuesday, 03 Oct 2017 03:21 PM

The Trump administration is exploring ways to replace the use of Social Security numbers as the main method of assuring people’s identities in the wake of consumer credit agency Equifax Inc.’s massive data breach.

The administration has called on federal departments and agencies to look into the vulnerabilities of employing the identifier tied to retirement benefits, as well as how to replace the existing system, according to Rob Joyce, special assistant to the president and White House cybersecurity coordinator.

“I feel very strongly that the Social Security number has outlived its usefulness,” Joyce said Tuesday at a cyber conference in Washington organized by the Washington Post. “Every time we use the Social Security number you put it at risk.”

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/equifax-white-house-social/2017/10/03/id/817427/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: White House and Equifax Agree: Social Security Numbers Should Go
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:35:49 pm »
National ID here we come.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:37:44 pm »

Isn't that what the social security number already is?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:48:35 pm »
   Mandatory 'chip implant' after the 2020 election.
   My cynicism is starting to bother me somewhat, as I'm sure it's bothering some of you, and the fault lies clearly with all the doomers/gloomers that post here. /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 10:55:09 pm »
   My cynicism is starting to bother me somewhat, as I'm sure it's bothering some of you, and the fault lies clearly with all the doomers/gloomers that post here. /s

This has been building for quite some time.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 11:07:20 pm »

If you think that's bad,  the other day I saw a story (not this one) about the Fed pushing for an official crypto currency (FedCoin)  for the US and making it mandatory.   

Money wouldn't even be paper.  You would have absolutely no control over it,  and they could tax you or inflate you as much as they like,  whenever they like,  and all with the convenience of a web browser. 

No more underground economy.   No more control of your own money. 

Now what were you saying about "National ID"?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 11:49:46 pm »

That's what I thought. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:48 am »
Not really, no associated "Real ID Act" information...digital photo, height-weight-eye/hair color, finger print, etc.. SSN is just an associated name & DOB.

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 12:19:46 am »

More like mark of the beast here we come.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 12:31:19 am »

No more underground economy.   No more control of your own money. 

Well, that would depend on what people will take for goods and services rendered. I certainly would lay some brick for you... silver/gold..... even iron or cattle/rabbits ..... what you got that I need or can trade?

A Simple Bricklayer
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:31:48 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 01:15:26 am »

Let me guess... the evil empire will decree chip implants.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 02:11:58 am »
Cynicism? What cynicism?  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 02:40:09 am »

Anyone remember the movie, "Logan's Run" ??

For ID purposes and to "save"  Social Security and Medicare...
implant at birth a microchip with an explosive end date... age 62.

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 02:55:02 am »

It's scary how the left seems to be doing so much of the devil's work. The idea of ending individual liberty in the name of "the group" being led of course by an all powerful central govt is the ultimate end of leftism. Making people servants of the govt ultimately means people become a commodity that needs to be managed. What better way than a chip inserted in your hand.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 02:56:49 am »
Cynicism? What cynicism?  :shrug:
@Smokin Joe

On this new HP computer, I can punch a button and turn on face recognition for access to it.
Now, if you got drunk which changed your facial "signature" some way (red face or other), I don't know if you could get access to your computer.

Maybe when you go to your bank's website, it could look at your face through the camera and give you access??

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 03:03:11 am »
This is great news. No Soc Sec numbers anymore, no more Soc Sec taxes.

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 03:03:28 am »
@Smokin Joe

On this new HP computer, I can punch a button and turn on face recognition for access to it.
Now, if you got drunk which changed your facial "signature" some way (red face or other), I don't know if you could get access to your computer.

Maybe when you go to your bank's website, it could look at your face through the camera and give you access??

I have to believe that it isn't that hard to fake out facial recognition algorithms. What's worse is most people have many pictures of themselves online from different angles making reconstruction of a 3 dimensional model pretty easy. Facial recognition with any actual level of security is a pipe dream.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 03:10:20 am »
@Smokin Joe

I think retinal scans or thumb/finger print tech will likely be next, which will encourage criminals with bolt cutters and garden shears to remove digits or gouge out eyes. Safer? Phooey! We can always find unintended consequences which will make things much worse. Same with the ID chip in the hand...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 03:17:54 am »
If we were really a free people we wouldn't have to be numbered and cataloged by "our" government.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 03:32:51 am »
Yup.  That national ID can be placed on a chip to be implanted on your hand or forehead.  It will also contain your banking infor - no national ID (mark) no money....
God is still in control

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:36 am »
Yup.  That national ID can be placed on a chip to be implanted on your hand or forehead.  It will also contain your banking infor - no national ID (mark) no money....
And any determined person with a machete, hatchet, or a little skill and a sharp kitchen knife can walk away with it after cracking you in the head.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:15 am »

Sounds like it to me too.  I can't help but think back to how all the evangelicals supported Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.