Author Topic: Trump: I will not be 'nice' to North Korea and 'I won't fail'  (Read 772 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I will not be 'nice' to North Korea and 'I won't fail'
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:19:04 pm »
by Kyle Feldscher | Oct 1, 2017, 3:26 PM

President Trump defended his saber-rattling with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by saying it was no longer time to be "nice" to the dictator.

"Being nice to Rocket Man hasn't worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won't fail," Trump tweeted, using his derogatory nickname for Kim.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-i-will-not-be-nice-to-north-korea-and-i-wont-fail/article/2636221
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:20:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: I will not be 'nice' to North Korea and 'I won't fail'
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:22:37 pm »
by Kyle Feldscher | Oct 1, 2017, 3:26 PM

President Trump defended his saber-rattling with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by saying it was no longer time to be "nice" to the dictator.

"Being nice to Rocket Man hasn't worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won't fail," Trump tweeted, using his derogatory nickname for Kim.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-i-will-not-be-nice-to-north-korea-and-i-wont-fail/article/2636221

"Rocket Boy" might have been something insulting. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:27:07 pm »
Talk, talk, talk...like every other president before him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 08:38:47 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 09:08:10 pm »
Thanks Bush 43, Obama and Clinton for allowing NK to develop their nukes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51:24 pm »

LOL, as if some anti-Trumpers need some sort of nuclear exchange, unbelievable.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 04:45:29 am »
"Rocket Boy" might have been something insulting.

Exactly.  And what makes it more effective is the fact that it is just mildly mocking.   It's not over the top like "pig-rat"  or "coward-dog"  which is what people who have no real power would throw as an insult,  making up for in vehemence what they lack in ability to actually intimidate.   

Mild insulting is more subtle.   It conveys the idea that there is no real anger or fear behind it,  as if a very dominate male was addressing an inferior for which he has not the slightest concern. 

It conveys more condescension than would a more extreme insult.   

It is a new experience for Kim Jong Un,  and it undermines his authority if people in North Korea hear about it,  and of course he is going to make sure they won't.   But it rattles him.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 04:46:47 am »

I'm sorry,  but I don't recall which president before Trump actually insulted and mocked a leader of North Korea.  Could you remind me again which one that might have been?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 04:49:19 am »
http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/donald-trump-kim-jong-un-hairswap-meme.jpg

And of course,  no discussion is complete without someone trying to throw in a lame attempt at humor.
— Lord Melbourne —