Author Topic: Kelly struggling to make sense of Kushner's West Wing role  (Read 1090 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kelly struggling to make sense of Kushner's West Wing role
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:46:17 pm »
 Kelly struggling to make sense of Kushner's West Wing role

Trump has also questioned whether having his family members in the West Wing is creating too much noise.

By ANNIE KARNI and JOSH DAWSEY

09/29/2017 06:51 PM EDT

Updated 09/29/2017 09:41 PM EDT

As Secretary of Homeland Security, Gen. John Kelly spent months touting a hard line on immigration. He argued publicly and privately with Congress that if there were objections to the laws, it was up to legislators to change them — not to blame enforcers on the front lines.

But after a particularly contentious meeting with Democrats on the Hill regarding DACA this past summer, he was informed by Senate leaders that he appeared not to have been “read in” to some conversations going on in the White House, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

The president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, Kelly learned, had been quietly back-channeling with Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.). Kushner, Democratic Hill aides confirmed, had discussed with the two senators a potential deal to protect Dreamers from deportation.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/29/jared-ivanka-trump-white-house-role-john-kelly-243321
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Kelly struggling to make sense of Kushner's West Wing role
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 01:47:27 pm »
He has no real role.  Time for General Kelly to show him the door and tell him if he wants to come to the West Wing...he'll need a visitors pass.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 02:20:31 am »
One words says it all:  NEPOTISM

Jared and Ivanka should have never set up house in the West Wing in the first place. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 03:01:38 am »
   My pappy always told me, ya get what ya pay for.

The thing is, while both are putting in long hours in service to the American public, they are being paid NOTHING.

That’s right, in accordance with annual reporting requirements, the White House has published the salaries of its staff.

There are 25 special aides in the White House at present. Most are making the standard annual salary of $180,000.

But Ivanka and Jared Kushner? They’re both taking home the grand total of $0.00.

https://conservativepost.com/jared-kushner-and-ivanka-trump-are-taking-inappropriate-white-house-salaries/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:52:08 am »

https://conservativepost.com/jared-kushner-and-ivanka-trump-are-taking-inappropriate-white-house-salaries/
Well, at least we're getting our money's worth... :shrug: But the benefits package is hefty.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:52:40 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:51:59 am »
He has no real role.  Time for General Kelly to show him the door and tell him if he wants to come to the West Wing...he'll need a visitors pass.

Apparently, he does have a role ... sabotaging the Presidents standing on immigration reform.

I've never liked the little lightweight, although I admit he's a good looking dude who looks well on a yacht, as did John Kennedy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 06:53:15 am »

Noble of them to work for free but I have a feeling they're figuring out ways to make a few pennies here and there.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 11:51:44 am »
Noble of them to work for free but I have a feeling they're figuring out ways to make a few pennies here and there.

They get the perks.  Sometimes those are more valuable than a salary. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »
Other than FJK putting Bobby in as Attorney General there has not been another president as corrupt as DT.    His cabinet is filled with cronies, crooks, and alligators.   

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 12:59:48 pm »
Other than FJK putting Bobby in as Attorney General there has not been another president as corrupt as DT.    His cabinet is filled with cronies, crooks, and alligators.

Bobby Kennedy at least had the education and experience for the job.  What qualifications do the Trump children and most of the cabinet have? 

To be fair, Trump isn't the only president to appoint or nominate friends, relatives, campaign donors and other unqualified people to important positions. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 10:40:13 pm »
Bobby Kennedy at least had the education and experience for the job.  What qualifications do the Trump children and most of the cabinet have? 

To be fair, Trump isn't the only president to appoint or nominate friends, relatives, campaign donors and other unqualified people to important positions.
No, but usually they get to be Ambassador to Lichtenstein or something, not Secretarial positions. Hillary had the juice and the chips to trade for Secretary of State, but I think that was to get her Foreign Affairs ticket punched and get her some time in grade, part of the Long March plan from the Communist Democrat Party.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 01:09:20 am »
Apparently, he does have a role ... sabotaging the Presidents standing on immigration reform.

I've never liked the little lightweight, although I admit he's a good looking dude who looks well on a yacht, as did John Kennedy.

I beg to differ with you on this one; I definitely don't see Kushner as a good looking dude.  Personally, I see him more of a dudette!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 03:41:21 am »

You said it.  It appears that it is a family dynasty.  Trump appointed a cabinet purely for looks.  He never intended on listening to them or letting them do their jobs.  Look at the deal with North Korea now.  He openly criticizes his cabinet on twitter.

I am not a politician but if possible impeachment sounds pretty good.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:42:49 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.