Author Topic: Sports Illustrated's Traina Blasts Brees, Rodgers for 'Unity" Focus, Calls for Return to Racial Inequality Protests  (Read 940 times)

rangerrebew

Sports Illustrated's Traina Blasts Brees, Rodgers for 'Unity" Focus, Calls for Return to Racial Inequality Protests
By Jay Maxson | September 29, 2017 8:12 PM EDT

We're hearing and reading more about a growing complaint from the Kaepernick apologists in the media. They're upset that Kaepernick's original protest against police brutality and racial inequality has been morphed into the suddenly offensive call for unity. Sports Illustrated's Jimmy Traina is lecturing everyone -- especially two star white quarterbacks -- to cut the disgusting unity talk and get back to bashing police.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/jay-maxson/2017/09/29/sports-illustrateds-traina-calls-sacking-unity-theme-return

Offline goatprairie

Sports Illustrated's Traina Blasts Brees, Rodgers for 'Unity" Focus, Calls for Return to Racial Inequality Protests
By Jay Maxson | September 29, 2017 8:12 PM EDT

We're hearing and reading more about a growing complaint from the Kaepernick apologists in the media. They're upset that Kaepernick's original protest against police brutality and racial inequality has been morphed into the suddenly offensive call for unity. Sports Illustrated's Jimmy Traina is lecturing everyone -- especially two star white quarterbacks -- to cut the disgusting unity talk and get back to bashing police.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/jay-maxson/2017/09/29/sports-illustrateds-traina-calls-sacking-unity-theme-return
Virtually all "sportswriters" today, black or white, are SJWs "down with the struggle."
It seems that sports is secondary in sports mags today to creating the Brave New World that exists in the minds of all the SJWS who think that somehow black athletes, who are being paid millions of dollars, are being oppressed.
I haven't subscribed to SI in twenty years after subscribing for more than thirty previously.  One reason was what I saw as the increasing interjection of politics i.e. leftist politics into sports, but moreover I was just losing interest in sports overall.
Today's "sportwriter" nitwits like Traina certainly aren't going to win me back.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey I'm down with that, I think Whites should boycott all sports where there is an inequality of melatonin deficient players! I say let the players of color be supported by those they are comfortable with. Whites should stop contributing to and triggering these poor athletes, they should do exactly what the players want, just go away. As a matter of fact, in regards to all of the people, entertainers, athletes and whoever else are so offended by the supposed inequality and who rather than get out among those of "their own people" and actually contribute their physical presence, time and some of their ridiculous fortune to help improve their lot instead insult the country, flag and a major portion of the population that made their wealth possible.......F'em, they should all be shunned.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Is anybody seriously reading that SI garbage any more?

Somehow I got on a subscription list which I never authorized and have received SI for the past year, and immediately throw it in the trash.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

This brainstem seems to have not considered the possibility - or likelihood - that consumers of the sports world's crap will stop listening.

They don't have to, you know.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I go to the grocery store, they have displays plugging the NFL or at the least, to buy your doritos and hot sauce for the big game and other related displays as well, football cakes; in my mail, I get a pizza offer to kick off game day...I'll bet the pizza outfits get a downturn in orders, there are in most places, bars and restaurants near the stadiums... again, less sales. Way to go NFL players.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
SI might have been relevant... 30, 40 years ago... they have been fairly obsolete since. I don't even know if I've ever been to their website, I think once recently, because someone posted a story from them.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The BLM types aren't interested in unity. They want separatism, and leveraging 'oppression' into subjugating everyone not of their race into 2nd class citizens.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

It's a little amusing watching a whole segment of the entertainment industry commit suicide in our faces... Their self importance/arrogance is pretty shocking... Pride before the fall comes to mind... They have completely lost sight of where their wealth comes from/who pays for it all.

Reality just may come knocking... Here's hoping...

Offline goatprairie

Apparently, no one in the NFL or sports world in a position of power has the guts to tell black players that black people aren't being oppressed anymore.   BLM and other manifestations of black victimhood are scams.
Here's Trump's big opportunity. He'll be called a racist, but he's called a racist anyway. Way past time to tell black people the truth.